First in the room?

Lucky Pucker

So for the undressing part, I’m faster than a Rask skate blade thrown in anger! But as a married man with kids, I have years of training... I mean, you never know when the wife is gonna see that blue moon, and actually be in the mood. You can’t be wasting time trying to figure out how to get your clothes off if you want to get your freak on! :giggity:

6 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So for the undressing part, I’m faster than a Rask skate blade thrown in anger! But as a married man with kids, I have years of training... I mean, you never know when the wife is gonna see that blue moon, and actually be in the mood. You can’t be wasting time trying to figure out how to get your clothes off if you want to get your freak on! :giggity:

I don't know man. In my experience, your wife is pretty regularly into it.

18 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

How do you find the time when your main source of gratification is watching @IPv6Freely get dressed...? ?

I was going to say I suppose that's better than watching him get undressed, but by inductive reasoning.. well ... eww. Anyway...

While I don’t actively try to be there first, I like to get there with plenty of time for two reasons:

·        I hate to be rushed when I am getting dressed (helps with my game mindset) and

·        I really want to get a strategic spot

I don’t know about others, but most rinks I play in have what I would consider some more goalie specific spots typically closer to the ends – allows me to spread my stuff out a bit better. In one rink play there is a funny section of bench that sits between a couple of support pillars so it is about 5 feet wide – if that doesn’t scream “goalies sit here” I don’t know what does.

What I really hate is when a forward takes one of those spots. C’mon man, your gear is half the size of mine and you aren’t trying to get from point A-B in leg pads when you get up. All the groups I play with use two change rooms: the other day a fellow came into ours, saw it was chock full , but instead of heading to the other more sparsely populated one, walks up beside me, shoves my stuff over and sits down – luckily he left his water bottle unguarded and I hadn’t had my pre-game draining so to speak. I am assuming the burning I felt while I filled his bottle was just pre-game anticipation.

With regards to the dynamic when others enter the room, by my nature I never really want to talk too much before a game. I listen to conversations but for the most part I am using imagery of the upcoming humiliation to assist in preventing myself from pulling a Nancy Kerrigan and bursting into tears while screaming out “Why??? Why???”

2 minutes ago, Ghostender said:

I was going to say I suppose that's better than watching him get undressed, but by inductive reasoning.. well ... eww. Anyway...

While I don’t actively try to be there first, I like to get there with plenty of time for two reasons:

·        I hate to be rushed when I am getting dressed (helps with my game mindset) and

·        I really want to get a strategic spot

I don’t know about others, but most rinks I play in have what I would consider some more goalie specific spots typically closer to the ends – allows me to spread my stuff out a bit better. In one rink play there is a funny section of bench that sits between a couple of support pillars so it is about 5 feet wide – if that doesn’t scream “goalies sit here” I don’t know what does.

What I really hate is when a forward takes one of those spots. C’mon man, your gear is half the size of mine and you aren’t trying to get from point A-B in leg pads when you get up. All the groups I play with use two change rooms: the other day a fellow came into ours, saw it was chock full , but instead of heading to the other one, walks up beside me, shoves my stuff over and sits down – luckily he left his water bottle unguarded and I hadn’t had my pre-game draining so to speak….

With regards to the dynamic when others enter the room, by my nature I never really want to talk too much before a game. I listen to conversations but for the most part I am using imagery of the upcoming humiliation to assist in preventing myself from pulling a Nancy Kerrigan and bursting into tears while screaming out “Why??? Why???”

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, Ghostender said:

In one rink play there is a funny section of bench that sits between a couple of support pillars so it is about 5 feet wide – if that doesn’t scream “goalies sit here” I don’t know what does.

Seriously, I am running through every arena and dresssing room in Victoria in my mind, and I can't think of which one this is!  Unless you mean the stall just inside the door of every dressing room at the Q-Centre?  Damn I love that spot!

1 minute ago, Naz said:

Seriously, I am running through every arena and dresssing room in Victoria in my mind, and I can't think of which one this is!  Unless you mean the stall just inside the door of every dressing room at the Q-Centre?  Damn I love that spot!

The old Pearkes (gold) - there's usually a spot on the left on the same side of the room as the entrance - it's either between two pillars or between a pillar and the wall. I have only played twice at the Q-Centre - they do have big change rooms though. Then there's Ian Stewart - where if two guys sit across from each you have to alternate who has their kit bag opened or closed. As the old joke goes, it's so small you barely have enough room to change your mind in there.

I always try and show up to games way before I need to.  I like getting there putting my gear in the locker room.  I normally like to sit and watch the game or practice that’s going on. For some reason I think it helps me get my mind ready to play.  

2 minutes ago, Ghostender said:

The old Pearkes (gold) - there's usually a spot on the left on the same side of the room as the entrance - it's either between two pillars or between a pillar and the wall. I have only played twice at the Q-Centre - they do have big change rooms though. Then there's Ian Stewart - where if two guys sit across from each you have to alternate who has their kit bag opened or closed. As the old joke goes, it's so small you barely have enough room to change your mind in there.

I know exactly where you mean!  I am usually in that spot too, depending on the room, just to the right or left of the door when you go in.
Ian Stewart (or the Racquet Club as I will always call it) is terrrrrrible! LOL
Westhills has good rooms as does Naden, even though Naden's are small-ish, the spot at the far end of the room beside the "door to nowhere" is great as a goalie.

First or second (usualy with other goalie). I´m done with stretching and lower half of equipment on when most of players even come to the locker. I have my place next door, other goalie has his own too - players respect that, because we realy have bigger gear...

I´m on the bench before Zamboni finish ice.

I usually get there 1 hour before game time because I'm going to stretch, warm-up, juggle tennis balls...all that good stuff.  Then someone offers me a beer and next thing I know I hear the zam turn off and I've only managed to get my jock on.  I'll manage to make it on the ice with just enough time to get 5 warm up shots.  2 go wide, 1 goes 8ft over the net, 1 hits me in the nuts and the last one off the lid.  Game on!

56 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I usually get there 1 hour before game time because I'm going to stretch, warm-up, juggle tennis balls...all that good stuff.  Then someone offers me a beer and next thing I know I hear the zam turn off and I've only managed to get my jock on.  I'll manage to make it on the ice with just enough time to get 5 warm up shots.  2 go wide, 1 goes 8ft over the net, 1 hits me in the nuts and the last one off the lid.  Game on!

:rofl:

...and if you ask the shooters, all 5 were aimed at the top corner I bet

Archived