Chest Proctector Buying Decisions

I’m currently looking to replace my chest protector, it’s a bauer reactor 9000 and it’s atrocious. The following choices are as follows

1. Vaughn v7 xr pro carbon 

2. Bauer 1s 

3. Ccm Extreme Flex shield. 

Do you have any recommendations for what to buy?

ive tried on the Vaughn and Bauer and liked them, I’ve heard ccm makes a tank for a chest protector. I really just want good protection that won’t break down.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Go with the Vaughn! I was not happy with the ccm premier. I have the vaughn xr pro carbon now with beefedup arms. After a half season i had bad stingers in the belly section with the premier.

Any stingers with the Vaughn?

14 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Go with the Vaughn! I was not happy with the ccm premier. I have the vaughn xr pro carbon now with beefedup arms. After a half season i had bad stingers in the belly section with the premier.

Screenshot_20180612-101638_WhatsApp.jpg

Sweet bucket... and even the locker rooms are cleaner in Switzerland... reason #1563 for me to move there.

21 hours ago, SnackDubs said:

I’m currently looking to replace my chest protector, it’s a bauer reactor 9000 and it’s atrocious. The following choices are as follows

1. Vaughn v7 xr pro carbon 

2. Bauer 1s 

3. Ccm Extreme Flex shield. 

Do you have any recommendations for what to buy?  I've tried on the Vaughn and Bauer and liked them, I’ve heard ccm makes a tank for a chest protector. I really just want good protection that won’t break down.

Get a Passau Pro Pack and call it done

49 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Sweet bucket... and even the locker rooms are cleaner in Switzerland... reason #1563 for me to move there.

Just make sure to bring all your gear because it's awfully expensive here. And talking about gear, has your Passau unit arrived yet?

34 minutes ago, Mikesch said:

Just make sure to bring all your gear because it's awfully expensive here. And talking about gear, has your Passau unit arrived yet?

I have some friends who live up in Basil... and I've seen first hand the expense of living there... but I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Passua should be shipping out this week... been WAY longer than expected... and I've asked them for pictures from every angle prior to shipment so i can confirm that at least the aesthetics are correct. Still on the mend from hip surgery so I'm not exactly in a huge rush to get it and put it to use but I'll certainly be posting pics of it!!

We carry all the chest/arm protectors from the 5 major companies in my store. The three best sellers (in order) are the following:

1 CCM E-Flex

2 Warrior Ritual GT4

3 Vaughn Velocity 8 Pro Carbon

Seriously though, anyone who comes in wanting to try on something else, they almost always leave having bought the E-Flex. Anything by Bauer or Brian's just doesn't sell.

Take from that what you will.

9 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

We carry all the chest/arm protectors from the 5 major companies in my store. The three best sellers (in order) are the following:

1 CCM E-Flex

2 Warrior Ritual GT4

Seriously though, anyone who comes in wanting to try on something else, they almost always leave having bought the E-Flex. Anything by Bauer or Brian's just doesn't sell.

What store do you work at?

11 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

1 CCM E-Flex

2 Warrior Ritual GT4

Strange, Brian’s has some damn good chest protectors. 

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Strange, Brian’s has some damn good chest protectors. 

Good doesn't necessarily mean they're popular.

Prior to the Optik C/A, I hated Brian's offerings. They never fit well, felt super bulky and I didn't like aesthetics of it. Thing was built super well and looked very protective, just nothing about it worked for me.

We can argue about what we like for days, but it's a personal preference, almost like a wedding dress haha

I went with Bauer when I started playing, but just switched to CCM....the more we play the more we get used to things and make changes that will benefit our game, same goes here.  Our personal opinions shouldn't really matter towards someone making a decision, you need to put the equipment on and tr it.

6 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

We can argue about what we like for days, but it's a personal preference, almost like a wedding dress haha

I went with Bauer when I started playing, but just switched to CCM....the more we play the more we get used to things and make changes that will benefit our game, same goes here.  Our personal opinions shouldn't really matter towards someone making a decision, you need to put the equipment on and tr it.

Unless it's my opinion of course.

800px_COLOURBOX7470436.thumb.jpg.74193243fafd963eea33e3e8c3583f10.jpg

13 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

1 CCM E-Flex

2 Warrior Ritual GT4

The newest model shield?

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Good doesn't necessarily mean they're popular.

Prior to the Optik C/A, I hated Brian's offerings. They never fit well, felt super bulky and I didn't like aesthetics of it. Thing was built super well and looked very protective, just nothing about it worked for me.

Been using my Optik. It's good so far. Only negative is that it's a bit heavier than the Vaughn I came from. 

Archived