Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

So I bought some new gear.  Time to show it off.

Came shipped to me in a pad bag. Soft synthetic with a top draw string. Branded and with a name window.

Was supposed to be shipped last Thursday, but a quality control inspection caught a flaw, it was fixed and things were shipped the following Monday.

Good one Passau.

First, "unboxing" photos.

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2603.JPG

• Like 7

Few additional shots.

Custom graphics, maltese knee lifts and in palm of catcher. Trying the "Professor strap". No 2nd outer calf wrap, and buckles against soft inner calf wrap.

Stock split T and depth in catcher.  Passau name is stitched, not screened. No wolf logos. No name plates. 

New sidewall that Passau offers on the blocker, and it seems they've changed the leather on the boot. No longer flipped inside out.

And as you can see in the last photo, Pro Laces fit on the stock toe bridge just fine.

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2616.JPG

Edited by Chester

30 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Chester those are fucking sick, bro.  Passau nailed those.  Nice touch on the bag too.  What was the flaw they found and corrected?  I wish more companies were that thorough.

I was told there was a lump on one of the sliding surfaces.  Deemed it wasnt good enough to be shipped to customer and needed to be fixed. They were straight up front with me on an email. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostender said:

Bit of a waste of money don't you think?

I mean there's now way you can do anything with those pads other than place them in a custom built display case over your fireplace. C'mon - you can't really let pucks and stuff hit them, right?

;)

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I always thought Passua pads looked weird, like the shape was weird or something? but I absolutely love those. Totally changed my opinion on them. 

The laundry bag is a nice touch too 

They did use to offer a rounded outside roll. Looked very bizarre. I have a triangular on my set but Tim McCarthy confirmed they now do a fully squared outer roll

On 3/7/2017 at 3:37 AM, mik said:

Just question Chester, why you decided to use this material (don´t know the exact word in English, maybe "mesh" ?) on the back part? Are you not you afraid of tearing? 

Its Standard.  So is the mesh tear drop on the thumb.  It is padded underneath. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cwarnar said:

They did use to offer a rounded outside roll. Looked very bizarre. I have a triangular on my set but Tim McCarthy confirmed they now do a fully squared outer roll

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's exactly what it was

Hmm, I don't recall ever noticing a rounded vertical roll.  I'll have to go back and look at old pictures.