Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I know the feeling.  Only thing I miss about playing roller was the price.  I used to play on three teams for the price I pay to play on one ice team.

I play on 2 teams and sub for a bunch of others, my youngest son plays in the rec league and we pay nothing.  Could play every night for free if I wanted to.

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I know the feeling.  Only thing I miss about playing roller was the price.  I used to play on three teams for the price I pay to play on one ice team.

22 minutes ago, longboarderj said:

I play on 2 teams and sub for a bunch of others, my youngest son plays in the rec league and we pay nothing.  Could play every night for free if I wanted to.

Same here in MI.   Goalies are usually free and I could play 4-5 times a week if I had that much time.  There seems to be a huge demand for goalies in the area.   Even at the younger levels that is the case.    One of the high-school teams in our city had to fold because they had zero goalies.   

20 minutes ago, Srsieve said:

Same here in MI.   Goalies are usually free and I could play 4-5 times a week if I had that much time.  There seems to be a huge demand for goalies in the area.   Even at the younger levels that is the case.    One of the high-school teams in our city had to fold because they had zero goalies.   

Mostly free in Chicago. I used to get stuck paying on the east cost. 

I have to pay 1/2 price for my regular Tuesday league, however, every other skate that I do, or sub in, is free.    Around here, it seems like there are more skates then there are goalies to cover them, so I get asked to sub constantly.   Unfortunately, they usually ask me to sub on days I am already playing or have other commitments, so many times I can't do it.     That is definitely one of the up-sides to being a goalie.   However, once you have committed to play, you also can't back out at the last minute if something comes up, like skaters can.   A couple times I played when I was sick as a dog, or could barely walk due to an injury, just because I had committed to be there, and they couldn't find a sub.   

I was asked to play in the summer, they said they won't charge but I asked to pay. I am part of the team and it is a great team I want to play with. Might as well take a bit of burden on the rest of the guys because I want to play as much as they do.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2017 at 1:56 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Open skates and fill in skates are free.  Its just league fees for my team that I have to pay.

Goalies are a commodity around these parts (NC), I don't know anyone that pays league fees, unless he's new and doesn't know any better yet.  Normally the captains are scrambling to lock in a goalie for the season, so the last thing they are going to do is ask for money.  

3 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

Goalies are a commodity around these parts (NC), I don't know anyone that pays league fees, unless he's new and doesn't know any better yet.  Normally the captains are scrambling to lock in a goalie for the season, so the last thing they are going to do is ask for money.  

Unfortunately goalies aren't very rare around my parts.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:17 AM, coopaloop1234 said:
New Warrior GT's SR's. 33+1.5"

Family Pic for fun. From left to right is newest to oldest.

Warrior GT SR Line, Vaughn V4 SR with V5 SR Blocker and LT90 Glove, RBK SR 6k with Bauer One55 Glove and Blocker

Do you have Instagram?