Contusion Corner (and other discolouration curiosities)

Lucky Pucker

43 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So was this a weird save, or one of those that imprints itself on the unprotected part of your leg, on its way into the net behind you…?

One timer that went five hole where I wasn't fully square, nor did I have my legs fully together. You can see the puck mark is completely horizontal and perpendicular to my thigh.

I definitely though it went through, but I'm pretty sure my pants caught the puck somehow. 

Here's a crappy Livebarn vid of the play.  

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not a contusion per say but, I did feel an intense sting and then burning feeling to my right ear after the shot. Ear felt really warm and kinda swollen at the lobe the following hours.

I think it's time for a new mask, given that Reidic foam replacement is non existing anymore and given the type of material of which the mask is made of, not just any type of foam will do. 

My mask served me well the past decade. Thank you Reidic 😊 

20231104_121840.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Anyone else ever take a shot to the outer elbow? I caught a hard wrister there this morning, kind of disappointed in the elbow cup protection on my warrior c/a, but poor technique played a role also so it's my own damn fault. 

Pass across the hash marks to a shot just inside the far post. I was a little behind, so I chicken winged it and caught it flush on my right elbow. Immediate dead arm and I dropped my stick, couldn't finish the game from the pain. Anyways, 3 ibuprofen later and it's swelling up, but I have full range of motion again and it doesn't hurt that badly now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/9/2024 at 6:24 AM, motowngoalie said:

Anyone else ever take a shot to the outer elbow? I caught a hard wrister there this morning, kind of disappointed in the elbow cup protection on my warrior c/a, but poor technique played a role also so it's my own damn fault. 

Pass across the hash marks to a shot just inside the far post. I was a little behind, so I chicken winged it and caught it flush on my right elbow. Immediate dead arm and I dropped my stick, couldn't finish the game from the pain. Anyways, 3 ibuprofen later and it's swelling up, but I have full range of motion again and it doesn't hurt that badly now. 

Which warrior unit are you using? 

My son is a D man. His freshman tryouts for varsity HS hockey he took a puck off his ear plate of his helmet. Split his ear still, had to get stitched up at 11 pm at local hospital. But he made the team. Worth it? Sure.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MTH said:

My son is a D man. His freshman tryouts for varsity HS hockey he took a puck off his ear plate of his helmet. Split his ear still, had to get stitched up at 11 pm at local hospital. But he made the team. Worth it? Sure.

Congrats 👍 !

On the light side note - it looks he didn´t have Passmore blocker, otherwise every puck would boom to the corner😀!

On 2/14/2024 at 1:56 AM, mik said:

Congrats 👍 !

On the light side note - it looks he didn´t have Passmore blocker, otherwise every puck would boom to the corner😀!

Truth. Bunny had it when he passed. I wonder where it is now.

Maybe Doug was buried with it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, indykrap said:

Nice inside arm one that I caught on a 3 on 1 (stopped it, at least?). I’ve beefed up my RGT2 Sr around there but it may be time to consider an upgrade. Some of the guys at this skate can really shoot. 

IMG_6874.jpeg

That was a sometimes weak spot on my RGT Pro.