Contusion Corner (and other discolouration curiosities)

Lucky Pucker

Inspiration can come from strange places. Part of the idea for this thread came from when my on-ice Physiotherapist found a chink in my armour between my pant leg and knee pad. But the other part came from seeing @bunnyman666‘s gallery of the grotesque update pics. 

So I was thinking, why not have one handy place for these pics of our bruises; yellow, blue, black - all the colours of the Pain-bow It will make it easier to find (and avoid!) 

Here is my pic to start. I know that many of you have had way worse than this little bruise, so step up and out-shine(r) me! 

A2F4FDC3-8B00-4430-A701-7E82986F2C6E.jpeg

@Lucky Pucker Painbow- THAT is funny shit! 

Of course I am only limiting stuff gone through with my ostomy surgery to that thread ALONE; those wounds, pouches and etc. ONLY have to do with what is PREVENTING me from playing hockey. I did not get an ostomy surgery from playing hockey.

Thanks (I think) for citing me as an inspiration. I do think we need a bruise and cut gallery from what we have EARNED from playing hockey.  

• Like 1

Alright, here I go...

First one, a shot to the neck. This one is what made me buy a Maltese from a fellow tender on GSBB a many moons ago.

OUCH!.jpg.8de1b87d946d54c980b344947e3980db.jpg

Second one is one that found the sweet spot on an old c/a and believe you me, I felt it.

1105962918_OUCH!again.jpg.745de6742545072ed3adce0b7c176cdb.jpg

Another regular spot I used to get nailed in often was my inner thigh, and occasionally above my knee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

@Lucky Pucker Painbow- THAT is funny shit! 

Of course I am only limiting stuff gone through with my ostomy surgery to that thread ALONE; those wounds, pouches and etc. ONLY have to do with what is PREVENTING me from playing hockey. I did not get an ostomy surgery from playing hockey.

Thanks (I think) for citing me as an inspiration. I do think we need a bruise and cut gallery from what we have EARNED from playing hockey.  

Yeah, I know you’ve been through some tough times with this thing, and I was hoping (hopping? Like a bunny?) you’d take my tagging you in a positive way! ? 

Now you take good care, @bunnyman666, so you can get back in that crease, and get yourself hurt like a REAL amateur goalie should!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yeah, I know you’ve been through some tough times with this thing, and I was hoping (hopping? Like a bunny?) you’d take my tagging you in a positive way! ? 

Now you take good care, @bunnyman666, so you can get back in that crease, and get yourself hurt like a REAL amateur goalie should!

Of course I was. Despite going through an unending hell with my pouching right now, I need laughs. Yes, sir- you gave me a laugh!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Alright, here I go...

First one, a shot to the neck. This one is what made me buy a Maltese from a fellow tender on GSBB a many moons ago.

OUCH!.jpg.8de1b87d946d54c980b344947e3980db.jpg

Second one is one that found the sweet spot on an old c/a and believe you me, I felt it.

1105962918_OUCH!again.jpg.745de6742545072ed3adce0b7c176cdb.jpg

Another regular spot I used to get nailed in often was my inner thigh, and occasionally above my knee.

Damn, @RichMan! You can practically see the cross hatched pattern of the puck imprinted on your arm!

7E5E7FEB-4D1B-4A9B-BA91-7ADC663E981B.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker

• 4 months later...

Reviving this thread, after I got dinged above my knee pad by a defected slap shot. Not exactly pic-worthy, but later that same day, my son got a bad one on the same knee in his tournament.

He is seven. Didn’t even complain- fucking trooper, this kid!

The next game, they got blown out by a bullshit stacked team from Laval 14-0. You know the type - where the little shits are doing obnoxious cellys after goals 8,9,10, and the fans are still blowing the horns after every goal. I’m practically vomiting in my mouth, trying not to cry, watching this massacre. He looks over at me at the end of the game, gives me a thumbs up, and a huge grin! In the room after, he shrugs it off, says he had a lot of saves and had a great time because he got a lot of shots that hit all his different pieces of equipment.

At least one thing is clear: Kid’s a better, stronger man than his dad - not that I needed more proof.

Not pictured: his ego. Besides the metaphysical impossibility of photographing an ego, his was remarkably UN-bruised.

3EF8F4B5-6F11-4AC8-A25A-CA43969507A8.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

The next game, they got blown out by a bullshit stacked team from Laval 14-0. You know the type - where the little shits are doing obnoxious cellys after goals 8,9,10, and the fans are still blowing the horns after every goal.

Fucking up-country kweebec degens... 

Good on your son for a great attitude, I wasnt a goalie yet at his age but early on I would have been smashing my stick on the post in a game like that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Fucking up-country kweebec degens... 

Good on your son for a great attitude, I wasnt a goalie yet at his age but early on I would have been smashing my stick on the post in a game like that. 

Yes, I’m always glad that I was able to save my family from Kweebec, and give them a better life by moving to Canada.

His attitude is astounding. I would have quit goalie for good if it was me in his spot - probably while crying! Lol!

• Haha 1

First one is years ago... cage on my VanVeldon mask caved in on a shot.

Second one is recent, and is actually 3 weeks after the shot.  I wear old school pads, and no knee pads.. soooo my bad LOL

Third one was about a year ago, tried out a CCM c/a.... went back to my 20 y/o Brown after this one.  The puck actually had hit the other side of the arm and had crushed tendons like they were spaghetti noodles.

Had lots of others over the years, but these are the only pics I have.

Bruiseface.jpg

Bruiseknee.jpg

Bruisearm.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Naz said:

First one is years ago... cage on my VanVeldon mask caved in on a shot.

Second one is recent, and is actually 3 weeks after the shot.  I wear old school pads, and no knee pads.. soooo my bad LOL

Third one was about a year ago, tried out a CCM c/a.... went back to my 20 y/o Brown after this one.  The puck actually had hit the other side of the arm and had crushed tendons like they were spaghetti noodles.

Had lots of others over the years, but these are the only pics I have.

Bruiseface.jpg

Bruiseknee.jpg

Bruisearm.jpg

I don’t even know what reaction to put, dude.

Like? That’s twisted.

Laugh? Kinda mean. 

Sad? Well, you don’t get points for that one

You’re like the Super Dave (RIP) of TGN. Respect! Last time I asked, I think you opted for a “thanks” trophy reaction.

Just let me know, and it’s yours.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, MTH said:

Some from a bit ago. Hip pads on pants had broken lose and three shots hit me on both upper thighs in the same game. Shot of each leg the next morning.

IMG_9807.JPG

IMG_9808.JPG

Damn... that shit's for real! Must have looked even worse 2-3 days out.

Same deal as Naz - I'll give you a reaction; just pick your poison.

I had to take almost two weeks off to heal.

I recently took one under my chest pad from the faceoff dot from this dude:

43985669_500153967157240_588072270763002

You could see the 1x3 imprint in my stomach after the game. Days later it looked like I was hit by a car. No pics... no need.

The Danville Dashers of the FHL.

7 minutes ago, MTH said:

I had to take almost two weeks off to heal.

I recently took one under my chest pad from the faceoff dot from this dude:

43985669_500153967157240_588072270763002

You could see the 1x3 imprint in my stomach after the game. Days later it looked like I was hit by a car. No pics... no need.

The Danville Dashers of the FHL.

Ha... I practiced with the Dashers back in December. Their rink had been taken over by some festival so they hadn't had a practice in like 2 weeks so they came over to Indy for some ice... and needed a second goalie. They have a few guys with heavy shots... Ryan being one of them. The Passau did its job though. Granted I played the night before... but I was dead tired at the end of it. Skating drills etc... not just take shots for 2 hours... but actually practice. Forgot how much I missed practice.

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Slap shit from the face off circle Friday found that gap between the knee pad and the pant leg (or went through the knee pad; not sure). Had an awesome game though!

Anyway, it’s in full blossom now:

D119C0B9-5C57-42B2-B72D-2FE81ECF98B2.jpeg

Heh heh- slap shit is what I call it when my J-pouch needs to rapidly empty!

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Slapshot from the point left this doozy on my bicep. This is two days old at this point.

20191001_200631.thumb.jpg.85c9c0be1544c788db84b9c143871de7.jpg

Damn, son! That's blossoming into a beautiful Pain-bow-coloured contusion... and the guy let rip from the point? No wonder none of your players wanted to stand in front of it.

So whatcha figure: just found the chink in the armour, or was this a padding/protection issue?

• Haha 1