Contusion Corner (and other discolouration curiosities)

Lucky Pucker

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

What, haven't had a shot - or a save? LOL!

That must have hurt, dude. It almost looks like a country from the Axis and Allies board game

image.png.551afd57234f33dc75c67454327517a7.png

Some nights it feels like save!

Looked worse than it was... one of those deep bruises that takes a day or two to come up the surface and reveal it's wonderful array of colors. At the time I had a standard Vaughn neck guard and a Premier Pro Chest & Arm unit. Certainly didn't feel good but since then... between the Maltese neck guard (I believe in final batch of customs they did) and the Passau Pro Pack... shots like the one that caused that bruise don't even register. 

Recently took on shot to the throat while wearing an Aegis Interceptor HD Pro and it protected me just as well as the Maltese. The D30 more than did it's job... and that was using the 3/8" and not the 5/8" original.

5 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Recently took on shot to the throat while wearing an Aegis Interceptor HD Pro and it protected me just as well as the Maltese. The D30 more than did it's job... and that was using the 3/8" and not the 5/8" original.

Wow! This is great to hear, because I have the Aegis Interceptor and love it - but had never had any impact/shot experience. It feels great, and I can - and do - remove the D30, and throw it in the wash after every skate.

I ran out of reactions, so I owe you a "thanks" or a heart or whatever

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Damn, son! That's blossoming into a beautiful Pain-bow-coloured contusion... and the guy let rip from the point? No wonder none of your players wanted to stand in front of it.

So whatcha figure: just found the chink in the armour, or was this a padding/protection issue?

55 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Jesus Coop... I need a story to go with this one... either from your point of view or what actually happened.

Slap shot from the point through a small screen. Caught it in the bicep area and was able to cradle it.

Not sure if the padding shifted a bit and it caught in between the seams or not or if it was just a lucky circumstance that ruptured an artery or something. In the 1.5 years I've had my R/GT Pro C/A, I've had about 3-4 stingers in that area. This one just got me good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Stop biting your fingernails @seagoal

34 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

What finger nails? He's missing like 2/3rd's of a nail. :P

Ha. Yeah.  I'm a biter.  I struggle with social anxiety.  It makes me feel like I've lost control,  which makes me crazy, so I either bite or pick at my nails because then the pain I feel is something I control which alleviates the anxiety. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha. Yeah.  I'm a biter.  I struggle with social anxiety.  It makes me feel like I've lost control,  which makes me crazy, so I either bite or pick at my nails because then the pain I feel is something I control which alleviates the anxiety. 

I'm a huge nail chewer myself. Haven't had to use a nail trimmer on my hands forever.

Luckily that habit hasn't carried over to my toe nails.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

My social anxiety tick is cracking my knuckles.  

47 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm a huge nail chewer myself. Haven't had to use a nail trimmer on my hands forever.

Luckily that habit hasn't carried over to my toe nails.

Yeah it'd be REALLY awkward to start biting your toe nails at a party in which you were already anxious ;)