Contusion Corner (and other discolouration curiosities)

Lucky Pucker

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Really sorry to read this buddy 😞. So are you actually saying that while you’re looking forward/toward blueline presumably, someone on YOUR team decided to shoot at you from the side/corner, when you weren’t facing them or making eye contact…?

Precisely that situation. It’s as good as timing can be for something like this at least. My team got stomped by the top team in our division and my team will go play a meaningless florida tournament this weekend while I stay home and recover for the following weekend against a team we can and have beat. 

• Like 1

@ThatCarGuy glad you dodged something more serious and can play on. Give them hell in the playoffs.

Not me because I'm on the shelf for a couple months but last night the defenseman on my team broke his fibula and tore some ligaments on "a rare and nasty break" from a mostly harmless looking inadvertent ((?) hopefully) slew foot. Here's the video (#14 black in front of the net)...

https://www.livebarn.com/en/videoshare?vid=_2BRP5Yob0sGcsllyho2CHu8o5LUVcey2oG0CoQkO3HQANSc2uJncahbD8Ejh7YAn5A7ccVwpLBf6wd0TSjeitqUhzMh0BmwAyS1dLQWEs05d9o_2FU3VKsZ9FgreurNiZY3cSuTSJUEemwXsbbagKPoHIV8NNilbojx&dt=2023-02-14T20:29&t=183293&d=30000&mode=5

It goes on longer and shows that the refs never blew the whistle despite it going all the way down to the other end and back while he's clearly laboring to get to the bench. WTF man.

Edited by chile57
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 8:49 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Precisely that situation. It’s as good as timing can be for something like this at least. My team got stomped by the top team in our division and my team will go play a meaningless florida tournament this weekend while I stay home and recover for the following weekend against a team we can and have beat. 

So if I'm mathing right - the tourney and playoff openers have come and gone @ThatCarGuy. If so - did you get a chance to suit up and how'd you do? Let us know.

28 minutes ago, chile57 said:

So if I'm mathing right - the tourney and playoff openers have come and gone @ThatCarGuy. If so - did you get a chance to suit up and how'd you do? Let us know.

I got back just in time to secure our playoff spot last weekend and we’ll see how far we go this weekend! I didn’t play all that terrifically but it was still good enough to keep myself first in the league with a .947

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chile57 said:

@ThatCarGuy - so I had it a little jumbled. That was kind of like a play in game and NOW you're in. Good luck. Hope the wrist is holding up.

Thanks I’m gonna need it with this team lol

I was able to snag an old aegis wrist brace sample from work and that seems to have done the trick and should prevent further injuries as well. 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Current bruising from the professor strap buckles. 

Definitely getting the Vapour one because this isn't ideal. 

And I don't bruise easily either. 

20230305_110641.jpg

I thought that the Professor strap was supposed to be below knee? 😁

But seriously the buckle has to make some hefty pressure at that spot to create a bruise like that. Same on the other leg too?

31 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

I thought that the Professor strap was supposed to be below knee? 😁

But seriously the buckle has to make some hefty pressure at that spot to create a bruise like that. Same on the other leg too?

It is below my knee too..

Yea, identical bruising on the other leg too. It's definitely coming from my use of the RVH. That's the only time those buckles ever come into contact with my thighs and since these pads don't bend anywhere, there's an increase of pressure for me to hit the same spots that I did before. 

I'm sure my preference for going skate on post exasperates this issue too. 

21 minutes ago, johncho said:

I thought it was just me, honestly thought I had it on wrong as it dug into my leg past a certain point. Good to know that they also have a non buckle version. I just placed an order for those.

I double checked to make sure I hadn't installed them incorrectly too. But having the buckle on the inside makes even less sense. 

Haven't had a chance to play in the Vapour tune fit system yet, but the range of customization is far better than the Supreme version and it feels way more comfortable. 

• Like 1

Took a puck off the inside of my knee. Bruise is still forming. Hurts like hell.

Got hit while working in my front yard. My kid was shooting pucks in the street and one whistled up into the yard and kicked off the lawn directly into my knee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2023 at 1:17 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Haven't had a chance to play in the Vapour tune fit system yet, but the range of customization is far better than the Supreme version and it feels way more comfortable. 

Just had a game with the new and they were amazing, super comfy on the legs. They didn't loosen like the other ones did either.

39 minutes ago, MTH said:

Took a puck off the inside of my knee. Bruise is still forming. Hurts like hell.

Got hit while working in my front yard. My kid was shooting pucks in the street and one whistled up into the yard and kicked off the lawn directly into my knee.

Guess who just got grounded. 

32 minutes ago, johncho said:

Just had a game with the new and they were amazing, super comfy on the legs. They didn't loosen like the other ones did either.

I played a game with mine as well and I'm liking them over the Supreme version. 

I have them set at probably the loosest setting and it's been good so far. Pad sits a little lower on my leg which is nice, it doesn't ride up as much without the strap, and there's still a feeling of being connected to the pad without a very tight feel. 

So far so good. 

20230313_085633.thumb.jpg.cca1b913ec23f66ccd17d50039aa4fce.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MTH said:

Ssshhhiiittt - that's some bad luck eh @MTH? I know had that happened when I was a kid I'd probably STILL be running from my pops rather than risk the forthcoming vemon/punishment. 😂

20 hours ago, chile57 said:

Ssshhhiiittt - that's some bad luck eh @MTH? I know had that happened when I was a kid I'd probably STILL be running from my pops rather than risk the forthcoming vemon/punishment. 😂

Funny. Me too if I was a kid still. 

My kids know I'm cool. So they apologize and asked if I wanted them to stop shooting. No way. Keep ripping!

There are a few dozen pucks buried in the mulch around the house in the shrubs and all. Years from now when a new owner lives in my house, they'll ponder why there are so many ice hockey pucks in the landscaping. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...