• Simmons
    • Passau
    • Vaughn
    • Warrior
    • McKenny

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current gamer is a GNetik II. It's an amazing unit. Extremely protective and beefy with flexibile arms. I'm always amazed that Brian's is not more popular with C&As. 

For the sake of getting some relevant reviews going, I got some used gear on eBay. I've posted it before, but it's a V6 2200 Howard pro return. I'm really impressed with that unit and the light weight concept. I don't love how the body segment fits though. I'll save more details for the review. 

I don't believe in keeping excess Gear I'm not going to wear, so I'll be parting with one of these in the coming weeks. 

Simmons 996 in its sixth year, 3 sessions a week year round. I'd buy again,value/protection works well for me. Although I would really love to try a Brown before my playing days end.... But I'm in my 50's so not likely.

9 minutes ago, DALV1 said:

Simmons 996 in its sixth year, 3 sessions a week year round. I'd buy again,value/protection works well for me. Although I would really love to try a Brown before my playing days end.... But I'm in my 50's so not likely.

I do think Simmonds is bar none the best bang for the buck. Anyone picking a "Senior" level retail unit over a Simmonds should get their noodle checked out!

Anyone have the 999 model, is that actually light weight? I always thought they made an old school heavy unit

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I do think Simmonds is bar none the best bang for the buck. Anyone picking a "Senior" level retail unit over a Simmonds should get their noodle checked out!

Anyone have the 999 model, is that actually light weight? I always thought they made an old school heavy unit

Their C/A's are made by Boddam. I had a Boddam JPB, it was mobile but more bulky than I preferred 

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Their C/A's are made by Boddam. I had a Boddam JPB, it was mobile but more bulky than I preferred 

That's the one thing I am impressed with in the Vaughn. It's not bulky, but it gets the job done. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's the one thing I am impressed with in the Vaughn. It's not bulky, but it gets the job done. 

I agree... my first skate in the 2200, was night and day from the McKenney. 

Light and mobile. No issues so far with stingers, in the event I do, I'll likely send it to Dennis at Factory Mad for a beef up

23 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Current gamer is a GNetik II. It's an amazing unit. Extremely protective and beefy with flexibile arms. I'm always amazed that Brian's is not more popular with C&As. 

For the sake of getting some relevant reviews going, I got some used gear on eBay. I've posted it before, but it's a V6 2200 Howard pro return. I'm really impressed with that unit and the light weight concept. I don't love how the body segment fits though. I'll save more details for the review. 

I don't believe in keeping excess Gear I'm not going to wear, so I'll be parting with one of these in the coming weeks. 

What size is that Howard c/a?

On 4/8/2017 at 5:02 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I was going to buy a Gnetik 2 but wasn't a fan with how the only difference from the 1 was a logo change. While I understand the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality but I didn't think it would make for a great review.

I went with a Brown 2400/2200 Russian spec hybrid. I wrote a bunch of stuff on why I went with it here if you are interested.

https://hockeyreviews.ca/2016/07/06/brown-24002200-russian-spec-chest-protector-initial-review/

59 minutes ago, Hills said:

I was going to buy a Gnetik 2 but wasn't a fan with how the only difference from the 1 was a logo change. While I understand the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality but I didn't think it would make for a great review.

I went with a Brown 2400/2200 Russian spec hybrid. I wrote a bunch of stuff on why I went with it here if you are interested.

https://hockeyreviews.ca/2016/07/06/brown-24002200-russian-spec-chest-protector-initial-review/

You should post all your YouTube reviews in the review section, I am sure people would love to check them out 

1 hour ago, Hills said:

Hills, your review was why I went with the 2400 rib protection on my 2200 unit. Thanks for that! I would have gotten the Russian spec too, but my arms were too short for the pieces to fit.

Archived