TGN's Living EF4 Deep Dive

TheGoalNet

I think CCM did the textured materials better than Bauer with the 2X. CCM's design is more subtle and looks less uneven to me. It seemed to me that the Bauer dimples aren't all evenly sized due to variations in the manufacturing process that make it look less professional to me.

4 hours ago, pfra said:

Did you ever play with bauer skates and have a feeling how the sizes compare?

Honestly, haven’t tried them on or anything 

i wear my skates very tight, so I believe that’s probably the sizing difference... I like my skates tighter than I’m technically fit for them 

7 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Looks like they kept the binding on the EF4 sidewall. Kinda sucks, the P2 sidewall was gorgeous.

i think depending on what finger protection you get the sidewall changes from binded or bindingless

18 minutes ago, Max27 said:

i think depending on what finger protection you get the sidewall changes from binded or bindingless

Nope, both types of finger protection on the P2 was bindingless. Of course, they could've changed this for the EF4. We haven't seen any off shore EF4 blockers with the curved protector yet. 

24 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Nope, both types of finger protection on the P2 was bindingless. Of course, they could've changed this for the EF4. We haven't seen any off shore EF4 blockers with the curved protector yet. 

i meant on the ef4 not p2

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 10.47.03 PM.png

10 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

I wouldn't trust a customizer picture over what actually comes out. They aren't real pictures, some seem to be a mashup. 

gotcha, nevermind what i said then

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I was wrong. I was going off some info from ordering my P2 pre retail. All blockers have a sidewall binding 

oh ok 

@TheGoalNet I know you didn’t have a lot of time with the set but did the gloves feel any lighter than previous iterations? I know they are touting the pads to be lighter this gen but I’m really interested if they found a way to shed some weight off the gloves. 

@wox33 the blocker is noticeably lighter than previous versions, yet still nicely balanced. Glove is lighter but not as dramatic as the blocker. 

2 hours ago, wox33 said:

@TheGoalNet I know you didn’t have a lot of time with the set but did the gloves feel any lighter than previous iterations? I know they are touting the pads to be lighter this gen but I’m really interested if they found a way to shed some weight off the gloves. 

2 hours ago, wox33 said:

Will weigh soon. They’re still in the box 

Here’s the only images I didn’t share 

86D0D609-F314-4959-B495-D7C7130FD1E9.jpeg

520F8265-D7B7-42EE-A10D-D58D332C50BC.jpeg

I assume all retail orders have to get that goofy sublimated material in the spears? I don’t mind it but it really limits what colors you can do while trying to block colors together. Also, is there any spots specifically not to get speed skin for wear concerns? Hoping to get an order in this month but having customizer paralysis finalizing a color scheme.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived