Warrior R/F1

19 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

There is no truth to this whatsoever. Warrior wants to cement themselves as the clear-cut innovators in the hockey industry, introducing a "combo" style mask would be like Sony reintroducing a VCR

Lol, took someone long enough to respond to that little bit of nonsense I tossed in.  There were so many rumors going around when this thread started that I just wanted to see if anyone would take the bait.  TBH though I don't believe the next major advancement in head safety will look like our current generation of masks and actually will look more like an old school combo, but in this case I was just having some fun.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

@Kirk3190, any new little nuggets you can drop for us on the upcoming mask line?  Composition besides the minimus Carbon?  Price points (big ask, I’m sure)?

This is perhaps my most anticipated part of all the Warrior new releases, with the new sticks just behind.  I can’t wait to be able to see one in person.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 10:19 PM, TheWall0211 said:

I was asking what the 3 price points would be for the 3 sizes 

warrior said to people on instagram to ask a retailer but my retailer don't have any information about it 

infinity circle 

Mine said the same thing - they said they hadn’t gotten ANY news yet on the new Warrior stuff.  Granted, this was almost a month ago.  

I’m itching for some more specs and details on the mask line beyond what was in the catalog.  

The new axis mask is 1049$ Canadian on hockey source , probably the next bauer will be the same price so warrior come with a aggressive price , I’m waiting to try it to choose between warrior and Bauer 

pro warrior backplate is nice and they don’t have any screw on top of the cage , first time I see that 

11 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

That’s seems like quite a steep step in price points between mid-grade and pro, it seems to me.

Pretty similar to the difference (in USD) between the top of range NME and the NME IX.  Looking at the catalog it seems like the main differences are in construction materials and foams used.  Both of those items can jump up in price pretty quickly as you use upper end materials. 

19 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

Anyone actually have one of these in hand and try it out?  Or even try it on?  What did you think?

I tried one and I have to say that it felt a little bit on the smaller side, maybe sizing wasnt right. The shape definitly felt like the biggest change, coming from a Bauer 960XPM. I cant really say anything about mobility as I tried it on without a Chesty. Quality felt on part with Bauer.

12 hours ago, MovesLikeJagger said:

I tried one and I have to say that it felt a little bit on the smaller side, maybe sizing wasnt right. The shape definitly felt like the biggest change, coming from a Bauer 960XPM. I cant really say anything about mobility as I tried it on without a Chesty. Quality felt on part with Bauer.

How did you get your hands on one?

Hello all,

I was having a conversation on another mask thread, and it was relevant to the Warrior R/F1 mask, so I thought I'd bring this over here. The topic of whether carbon fiber in masks is safe came up. It seems as though there's some sentiment that a mask composed of carbon fiber is unsafe. For instance, the Protechsport site (Michel Doganieri) states that masks made of carbon fiber are unsafe, as does this reddit thread:

Given that the Warrior R/F1 mask is made of "Warrior’s Minimus Carbon G1200 technology", which is a type of 12k carbon fiber weave, I figured I'd ask: what makes this carbon fiber safe for masks? Is there something about the build of the fiber that mitigates carbon fiber's inherent brittleness?

2 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

I’m sure Warrior overlays CF on top of something more durable.  CF alone is brittle.  But used in conjunction with other materials, it’s safe, lightweight, strong.  I wouldn’t worry.

Thanks. Yeah, I would hope that they are melding it with something, and probably are to be safe. I just kind of want to figure out what it is overlayed on now, out of curiosity. The description of the mask on thehockeyshop.com (https://www.thehockeyshop.com/products/warrior-ritual-f1-pro-senior-goalie-mask) only states the carbon in the shell makeup.

It's probably marketing: it's more glamorous to emphasize a fancy CF than a fiberglass layer or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived