Question for warrior rep: Pad sizing G5 vs G4

JF Levesque

• 2 months later...

I came across this topic because I had a similar question after having the 33+1.5" G4s, and recently picking up a set of 34+1.5" G5s (both senior level). Side-by-side comparison seems to show them being the same size, the top of the pads line up, the knee areas line up, it seems very similar. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

G5_G4.jpg.99946cad1bd19421af065ceeb8ff3c0a.jpgG5_G4_Back.jpg.948654aa666220134cf4d9976249b0b6.jpg

In the picture on the left the pads aren't sitting even.   The pic on the right shows that the G5 has the profile lock engaged, pulling the top of the pad down further than the G4.  It also appears that the pads on the right are not exactly even with each other all the way up.  I'm not saying it was done on purpose, but you can manipulate pads that are only 1/2" different in height to look exactly the same in a 2D image pretty easily.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:27 AM, Puckstopper said:

In the picture on the left the pads aren't sitting even.   The pic on the right shows that the G5 has the profile lock engaged, pulling the top of the pad down further than the G4.  It also appears that the pads on the right are not exactly even with each other all the way up.  I'm not saying it was done on purpose, but you can manipulate pads that are only 1/2" different in height to look exactly the same in a 2D image pretty easily.

It wasn't my intention to show that they're the same size. I have tried to adjust the profile lock to keep the pad taller, not sure it it was before or after that photo, pretty sure it was before though. I'll see how they play, I was really hoping for them to be a little taller as I occasionally land high on the 33s.

9 minutes ago, goalie381 said:

It wasn't my intention to show that they're the same size. I have tried to adjust the profile lock to keep the pad taller, not sure it it was before or after that photo, pretty sure it was before though. I'll see how they play, I was really hoping for them to be a little taller as I occasionally land high on the 33s.

The Lundy loop fixed that issue for me

• 8 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 10:53 AM, Kirk3190 said:

Hey JF, I replied to your DM!

I tried finding a spot to message you all I could find was to add to another post I’m having an issue in my R/GT2 Pro with my glove feeling like it’s getting stuck halfway when I’m trying to raise it up to top corner any ideas as to what I can do to fix this I use a ccm 4.9 glove I have only ever used a warrior chesty but my last one wasn’t pro and I could feel the high level shots so I spent the money on a pro model of the senior one I had the arms defiantly feel more bulky on the pro model thx for your time in this matter. My email is douglasrichard36@gmail.com 

18 hours ago, Douglas said:

I tried finding a spot to message you all I could find was to add to another post I’m having an issue in my R/GT2 Pro with my glove feeling like it’s getting stuck halfway when I’m trying to raise it up to top corner any ideas as to what I can do to fix this I use a ccm 4.9 glove I have only ever used a warrior chesty but my last one wasn’t pro and I could feel the high level shots so I spent the money on a pro model of the senior one I had the arms defiantly feel more bulky on the pro model thx for your time in this matter. My email is douglasrichard36@gmail.com 

I'm not Warrior rep. but you could wasily find the problem from your equipment by wearing it; C/A and gloves, maybe pants too and suspenders if you use them. Then make the moves you get stuck with and try to notice what is the exact spot. One I would guess is the elbow area, maybe bicep and or forehand padding. If they interfere a bit and are dislocated then the elbow flex is lost from C/A. Ie. you try to flex the padding around the elbow area which is stiff for sure.

The Pro version is making a lot of difference there as mention yourself it being more beefed up.

Then do some adjusting, the Warrior C/A is a hell on this as there is so much to adjust. That's also why they are so sweet when adjustments are spot on.

23 minutes ago, raidersgoalie said:

Are the older versions of the warrior skinner on the pad face. In the pic of the g5 and the older pad, the older set looks a inch or so skinner. Maybe not an inch but wtf. I have played against guys with older warriors and to the eye they looked skinner to. 

Are you referring width wise?

There was a point (G3/RGT1) where they weren't hitting that 11" dead on and we're between 10.5" and 11" throughout the pad.

That's been rectified since the G4.