I Hate Politics

MTH

I don't really care about politics. Am I the only one? Tired of it ruining everything. 

99% of the people really have no ability to really change anything in government. So why are they so worried and cranked up? Your vote matters? Really? NJ already sent their electoral votes to Joe Biden.

You're wasting your time. Wasting my time talking at me about it.... I. Don't. Care.

I just want to enjoy life. I think these politics fan boys and girls are the same folks that are sitting in the last row of the hockey arena yelling at the coach 3,000 feet away.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed SNL forever. But the past few years it's too much politics and all. Stuff is too topical and the easy cheap laugh. I know the people on the show are really funny and all. It's seems like a waste of talent.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I want Trump to lose so I can stomach going on Social Media again without feeling like I'm being beaten over the brow about how "Orange Man Bad".

I want Trump to win to watch the inevitable melt down.

I'm torn.

tenor.gif?itemid=14896875

Thought it would be cool to see Trump win because of all the know it alls on the news. It's like they have to try so hard now to rip him because they were so wrong then saying he'd never win.

4 minutes ago, MTH said:

I enjoyed SNL forever. But the past few years it's too much politics and all. Stuff is too topical and the easy cheap laugh. I know the people on the show are really funny and all. It's seems like a waste of talent.

That's because we need Chris Farley back may he RIP, need more of him, less of the other BS.

I ain’t watched SNL forever but it just aint funny no more the politics just went to one sided no one touches the democrats and they do some comical shit just like republicans. I aint on one side but politicians are out of touch dummies in general 

we need Fred Sanford to tell them this:

93F22DFC-D317-4A31-903F-1EC11390C400.jpeg

2 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Politics makes enemies out of those who would otherwise be friends.

It's okay to disagree with someone. Someone who doesn't share your opinion isn't automatically evil or dumb.

Can't we all just get along?

We all tryna get to the same place maybe differnt directions. I seriously dont subscribe to the hate the extremists on either side hangin onto that shit is fullon whack!!!!

Everything in life is political.

Things are only "non-political" or "normal" when they don't conflict with the status quo.

When the status quo is being upset on a daily basis, such as by a wanna-be autocrat and his fascist underlings, then everything everyone does is going to appear to be political, even if they do not intend to make a political statement.

2 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Things are only "non-political" or "normal" when they don't conflict with the status quo.

When the status quo is being upset on a daily basis, such as by a wanna-be autocrat and his fascist underlings, then everything everyone does is going to appear to be political, even if they do not intend to make a political statement.

this is why you need friends that aren't gonna give a shit who you support/don't support... luckily i have those kinds of friends and can put aside our differences despite that. 

personally i don't care much as long as you've done enough research to form your own independent opinion and don't believe anything that's said on social media. it's hard to believe anything anymore.

22 hours ago, MTH said:

I don't really care about politics. Am I the only one? Tired of it ruining everything. 

99% of the people really have no ability to really change anything in government. So why are they so worried and cranked up? Your vote matters? Really? NJ already sent their electoral votes to Joe Biden.

You're wasting your time. Wasting my time talking at me about it.... I. Don't. Care.

I just want to enjoy life. I think these politics fan boys and girls are the same folks that are sitting in the last row of the hockey arena yelling at the coach 3,000 feet away.

Here's where it gets me....the assumption that things would be all unicorns and rainbows if Hilary was elected instead of Trump.....both sides suck. Politicians are not your friends. I just want the person that is going to try and screw me and my family less than the other person.

The local town/county elections are really the only place where my vote actually counts in the grand scheme of things.

The fallacy of false balance is why the Overton window in the USA has shifted so far to the right.

Nobody who is being honest thinks Clinton would've been unicorns and rainbows, but let's not pretend that she would've mishandled things as poorly as the current administration. That isn't honest either.

1 hour ago, CJ Boiss said:

The fallacy of false balance is why the Overton window in the USA has shifted so far to the right.

Nobody who is being honest thinks Clinton would've been unicorns and rainbows, but let's not pretend that she would've mishandled things as poorly as the current administration. That isn't honest either.

Thats just it though; all we know for "sure" is the actual past and present. Supposing Hilary got elected like "everyone" said she was going to, there could have been a different issue that could have caused way more (or less) chaos then Covid. (or Covid could have just suicided itself in a Washington DC park...who knows....).

On a better and way more fun note, I was able to replace some of my eflex500 gear with warrior R/GT pads and a G4 catcher and got to use them last night in a pickup (haven't played since March). Holy smokes my hip joints but those pads and catcher were such an upgrade it was ridiculous. Gonna have to keep a look out for a blocker on the cheap to round it out.

4 hours ago, jacksork said:

The local town/county elections are really the only place where my vote actually counts in the grand scheme of things.

My dad was a local politician (volunteer - no pay) for decades. Won elections as Republican, Independent and as a Democrat. People knew him and voted for him.

County/state stuff is why him (and others) had to change parties over the years. Yet the clowns in town would say stuff like "he's corrupt and was bought out".

We wished! My dad drove his work van as his personal car. Name and phone number on the side, ladders on the roof and full of buckets of paint. When he was mayor and the state gave him mayor tags, he put them on his van. He told one butthead at a meeting to go out on the parking lot and look for the fancy car with mayor tags on it then come and discuss the 'kick backs' for being mayor.

Local party for politics affects state and county funding. Funny how if the county is democrat... all the democrat ran towns get road grants and all. They always seemed to run out grant money when the other towns asked. So the people in town did what they had to do to get more for the town.

15 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Too many big words.

Too many!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX6eYBle4s6jFnHVEHCZc

2 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Nobody who is being honest thinks Clinton would've been unicorns and rainbows...

I really wanted to see a first husband like Bill. Would have been awesome. No, it would not have been unicorns and rainbows - wait, are they names for strip clubs?

clinton_playboy_bunnies-1.png

oh well.

Archived