Bauer Vapor 3X Pro

coopaloop1234

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Kenadian_31 said:

The “Stabiflex” is the the same as the Ultrasonic in terms of integration into the pad but it has a 25% give hence the “flex”

Lol.  It’s all marketing bs.  Would love to see true science/data to prove this 25% flex.  One could argue the ultrasonic has 25% flex if you press hard enough on it.  

59 minutes ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

Lol.  It’s all marketing bs.  Would love to see true science/data to prove this 25% flex.  One could argue the ultrasonic has 25% flex if you press hard enough on it.  

Sounds like it's just a regular old knee block with a term thrown on it to distinguish it?

Kind of like how "CoverEdge+" on Warrior basically means they made the gear thicker lol

14 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Sounds like it's just a regular old knee block with a term thrown on it to distinguish it?

Kind of like how "CoverEdge+" on Warrior basically means they made the gear thicker lol

Which brand is the most obnoxious about their tech naming?

It's gotta be Warrior right?

4 hours ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

"Ultrasonic" is pretty cheesy.  I just love all the tech names for foam and fabric.

It sounds like a Philips electric toothbrush

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Which brand is the most obnoxious about their tech naming?

It's gotta be Warrior right?

Honestly I think this bullshit all started with the P4

image.png.28a0f14cbe16738e59f46107482c862b.png 

image.png

image.png

26 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

It sounds like a Philips electric toothbrush

Honestly I think this bullshit all started with the P4

image.png.28a0f14cbe16738e59f46107482c862b.png 

image.png

image.png

I don't disagree that most of the naming is brutal. Also looks cheesy AF to have it embroidered on the gear at the store. #ProLogosWhenOrderingVaughn

However, the number one thing people don't consider is why this stuff happens? The companies try to make sure that consumers walk into goalie monkey who know nothing about the gear and clean leave understanding why their product is better than the competitors.

By naming the technology and labeling on the gear, they hope this helps the battle. The pad is the core. You can't see the core. It's hard to market the changes under the hood.

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I don't disagree that most of the naming is brutal. Also looks cheesy AF to have it embroidered on the gear at the store. #ProLogosWhenOrderingVaughn

However, the number one thing people don't consider is why this stuff happens? The companies try to make sure that consumers walk into goalie monkey who know nothing about the gear and clean leave understanding why their product is better than the competitors.

By naming the technology and labeling on the gear, they hope this helps the battle. The pad is the core. You can't see the core. It's hard to market the changes under the hood.

This is in pretty much all product marketing these days unfortunately, not just hockey gear. Ford's "Sync" technology or "PowerBoost" V6 engine, Apple's "Lightning" charging accessories, "cold-filtered" beer from Coors, etc. It's all meaningless marketing-speak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish I could order hyperlite but the sizing flat out doesn’t work for me. I’d need to be in a size small to fit my knee but the pad would be way too short in the thigh. Already asked bauer about custom thigh rise heights and they turned the idea down. 

15 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Anyone ordering anything? Was just messing around with the customizer. I like this graphic way more than Ultrasonic.

This is the graphic I will go with once I figure out exactly which specs I want. I agree that it is a lot better than the UltraSonic graphic.

image.png.c1096bfa14db10bf19ed6932b4ebef45.png

Anyone have a feel for Bauer’s 2nd price point quality - particularly the 3S, since that’s their most recent before the 3X hits?  I’m very intrigued by everything the 3X offers for the price, but am a little skeptical of the longevity, given that their pro level stuff had a bad rep not all that long ago.  I play 1-2 times a week and not at a very high level, so I don’t need the most durable stuff ever, but I also don’t want to be replacing what I buy anytime in the next few years. 

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Does the 2nd level line have the stabilaflex knee?

Yes ! If you go on goaliemonkey Instagram they promote you have custom colour the 3x model now and on the picture it’s the 3x model and you see the stabiflex  on the knee block 

15 hours ago, sescaro said:

Anyone have a feel for Bauer’s 2nd price point quality - particularly the 3S, since that’s their most recent before the 3X hits?  I’m very intrigued by everything the 3X offers for the price, but am a little skeptical of the longevity, given that their pro level stuff had a bad rep not all that long ago.  I play 1-2 times a week and not at a very high level, so I don’t need the most durable stuff ever, but I also don’t want to be replacing what I buy anytime in the next few years. 

This post is a little contradictory.  You question the longevity of the pro level gear but want to use sub pro gear and expect it to last longer?  I don't think that you will have an issue with the pro level gear.  Those issues were worked out many years ago.  I understand not wanting to get pro level gear if you don't face higher level competition but if you're playing multiple times per week you could benefit from the better materials of the pro gear lasting longer than sub pro.  That goes for any gear manufacturer, not just Bauer.  As for Bauer gear itself, I have no personal experience with the modern Bauer gear so I will let someone else comment on it.

34 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This post is a little contradictory.  You question the longevity of the pro level gear but want to use sub pro gear and expect it to last longer?  I don't think that you will have an issue with the pro level gear.  Those issues were worked out many years ago.  I understand not wanting to get pro level gear if you don't face higher level competition but if you're playing multiple times per week you could benefit from the better materials of the pro gear lasting longer than sub pro.  That goes for any gear manufacturer, not just Bauer.  As for Bauer gear itself, I have no personal experience with the modern Bauer gear so I will let someone else comment on it.

i had 2xpro and after 7 games the jenpro start to fall apart on my boot ... same for 2 other of my friend after 30-40 games ish. i play again 5 other goalie in my league and they all have the senior level of bauer gear and the pads is still perfect. I see bauer pro stock is for perfomance and not durability and it's ok. the jenpro on senior look more thicker and add some weigh to the pads but durabilty seem to be better.

my friend just ordered Hyperlite gear yesterday i will let you know how the pad keep going after june when i receive it. For me with the new senior custom gear i'm pretty sure my next set will be a bauer senior with a pro glove 

Archived