R/GT2 Replacement/New line?

Nohtaram

There were RX2 kneepads and jocks last year, so it does look like the line is expanding into C/A's and pants.   I haven't heard ANYTHING about a new line of Warrior legpads/gloves for 2021 and normally there are teasers out there by now.   @Kirk3190, do you have any info you can share about if there will be a GT3/RX line of pads this spring or if Warrior is delaying the launch like Brian's seems to have done with the Genetik V?  Or even skipping this launch cycle altogether?

May be. GT line was never in my scope of interest.

46 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Aw I just ordered some new pants too. Those pants and knee pads look like tanks. 

To be honest they don't looks any different than previous version of pants or knee pads. Definitely can recomend the pants but not so sure about that knee pads. After owning two pairs of those I can say that they are protective enough but won't last longer than 2 sessons. The foams that you landing on are super soft and very comfortable but I started to feel knees after a while of useing. When you drive down the pads hard it hurts.

Honestly, having worn the GT2 and now G5 lines for the last couple years I'm not certain I see the need for the GT series as far as pads go.  I ordered the X-stiff thigh rise on my G5's and still feel like they're as easy to move in and responsive as the GT2s were.  Warrior could very easily add a more flexible core to the G5 line and satisfy just about anyone who wants their gear. 

The one thing that is better about the GT2 line than the G5 is the catch glove.  The sewn in break just feels more secure and was easier to break in than the Velcro liner in the G series gloves.  Again, I'd like to see this be an option at the custom level, even if they don't want to offer it at retail. 

16 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Honestly, having worn the GT2 and now G5 lines for the last couple years I'm not certain I see the need for the GT series as far as pads go.  I ordered the X-stiff thigh rise on my G5's and still feel like they're as easy to move in and responsive as the GT2s were.  Warrior could very easily add a more flexible core to the G5 line and satisfy just about anyone who wants their gear. 

The one thing that is better about the GT2 line than the G5 is the catch glove.  The sewn in break just feels more secure and was easier to break in than the Velcro liner in the G series gloves.  Again, I'd like to see this be an option at the custom level, even if they don't want to offer it at retail. 

+1

Both iterations of the GT glove have felt better than the Ritual line. Even the blockers. But the leg pads are just a slightly more malleable Ritual bad. Only brand that has less differentiation between their lines is Bauer.

It's disappointing that Warrior will be abandoning the GT line as I find their gloves excellent. Even the very unpopular GT1 glove.

• 5 months later...

The elbow floaters seem to have a whole new thinking in them. Is it an attempt to make the robot arm (floater atleast) to work with the normal style sleeve. Knowing Warrior design enthusiasm it should be better than the last versions. Very interesting to see that IRL.

Othervise the gear looks like an facelift with some minor tweaks. And I like that way too as that gear it pretty solid atleast for my style.

For a quick look I wasn't able to realize any logic between E and Pro and added +. Atleast the pictures with prices are a mess. But basically they still offer G5 like tapered model and GT2 like wider model, both named under RX3 variants.

32 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

For a quick look I wasn't able to realize any logic between E and Pro and added +. Atleast the pictures with prices are a mess. But basically they still offer G5 like tapered model and GT2 like wider model, both named under RX3 variants.

They do employ Pete Smith, so it was only a matter of time till they adopted Vaughn's naming conventions.

• Haha 1

Aww man, I didn't need to see this.  I have the Version 1 Pro + knee pads and love them.  They are well worn and now these come out.  Well, good thing I have about $250 in Goalie Monkey rewards right now.  I bet the V2 sticks are out now too.....

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Aww man, I didn't need to see this.  I have the Version 1 Pro + knee pads and love them.  They are well worn and now these come out.  Well, good thing I have about $250 in Goalie Monkey rewards right now.  I bet the V2 sticks are out now too.....

V2 is indeed on the goaliemonkey site. Yours truly helped take the pictures. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

V2 is indeed on the goaliemonkey site. Yours truly helped take the pictures. 

Wow, so you work for them now? I missed that. That's awesome. 

I saw the V2 sticks today.  I got my rewards for my new Vaughn set a day or so ago and I just used them for a new stick.  I just got another V1 Pro+ though.  It was basically free with my rewards.  

V2 sticks look pretty sweet though.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, ArdeFIN said:

The senior/senior + thing is confusing and unnecessary IMO. Its like Vaughn senior/pro/pro carbon. Why not just keep things simple for everyone and make it Pro/Senior/Intermediate/Junior/Youth. It would also make it cost effective for the company. This is just my thoughts.

With the success of their G5 and GT2 lines, I cannot see how much more they could innovate.

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

The senior/senior + thing is confusing and unnecessary IMO. Its like Vaughn senior/pro/pro carbon. Why not just keep things simple for everyone and make it Pro/Senior/Intermediate/Junior/Youth. It would also make it cost effective for the company. This is just my thoughts.

With the success of their G5 and GT2 lines, I cannot see how much more they could innovate.

CCM does pro, .9 and .5.  Bauer does Hyperlite/Ultrasonic, 3S/3X and GSX.  Having three pricepoints seems to be the most popular decision for MFGs.  I'm guessing that the materials innovations and associated cost increases in pro level gear and improvements in quality and performance of the middle pricepoint are what make room for a third pricepoint.

For what I know about, no one ever recommends the lowest price point C/A to anyone. And sure for a reason. You get good used one for same money as new lowest level gear. And mid and pro gear are usually worth the money. Get the best you can afford.

Warrior is good in naming their gear but would be simple and logical if was like X3 Pro - X3 SR - X3 and wide version named with extra + or something like that. And then again do they really need the third level in the lineup?