Warrior G5 SR catcher and blocker: Difference between "+" and "no +"

Michael

Hi! Loyal Warrior customer here, going back to Swagger days...

I'm looking at multiple major online catalogs and noticed that some are referencing the G5 SR catcher and blocker as G5+ while others reference G5. (no plus)

I looked in the 2020 Warrior catalog posted here, but couldn't really find anything specific about catcher and blocker differences other than Pro and SR. But my eyes aren't what they used to be, admittedly. :D One site specifically lists the models as G5SPB0SR (blocker) and G5SPT0SR (catcher) which appear to indicate G5-PLUS-BLOCKER-SR and .G5-PLUS-TRAPPER-SR if my guessing of model numbers are correct. Other sites don't provide that level of detail to compare them by model #. 

All that said, I just want to know if they are the same glove or a different glove. And if different, how? Materials, country of origin, etc.

Any insight is very much appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I'm looking at multiple major online catalogs and noticed that some are referencing the G5 SR catcher and blocker as G5+ while others reference G5. (no plus)

I looked in the 2020 Warrior catalog posted here, but couldn't really find anything specific about catcher and blocker differences other than Pro and SR. But my eyes aren't what they used to be, admittedly. :D One site specifically lists the models as G5SPB0SR (blocker) and G5SPT0SR (catcher) which appear to indicate G5-PLUS-BLOCKER-SR and .G5-PLUS-TRAPPER-SR if my guessing of model numbers are correct. Other sites don't provide that level of detail to compare them by model #. 

All that said, I just want to know if they are the same glove or a different glove. And if different, how? Materials, country of origin, etc.

I know with their knee pads the + just means bulkier, more coverage.  Same materials,  just bigger.

With their sticks the + designates a higher end model, so different materials and lighter weight.

Those two versions of + are pretty different.  I can't imagine the + on the mitts referes to a size or coverage difference, so I would guess it means a higher end version with different materials.  

An analogous use of + in this sense would be Vaughn V9 Pro vs Vaughn V9 Pro Carbon (+).

Is the price more expensive for the + ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael said:

The Warrior website does not list a regular G5 Senior, only the Senior +

https://www.warrior.com/hockeygoalie_catchglove

All the gear is made overseas (Vietnam?)

• Like 1

Thanks, guys.

Weird that a vendor would distinguish between the two, but I've lurked on the forum for many years and you guys are all solid. I'm not sure if that is Solid with a + or without a +, however. 😆

Price was the same for either model, so I have to assume it's the same glove.

I really appreciate your help!

For those who follow...I contacted Warrior directly via their website and was told the following RE: the G5 gloves:

"In the G5 trapper, we have two versions the G5 Pro trapper and the G5 SR+ Trapper. In regards to the G5 blocker we have the G5 Pro blocker and the G5 SR+ blocker."

So I guess that answers my question! :D

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

For those who follow...I contacted Warrior directly via their website and was told the following RE: the G5 gloves:

"In the G5 trapper, we have two versions the G5 Pro trapper and the G5 SR+ Trapper. In regards to the G5 blocker we have the G5 Pro blocker and the G5 SR+ blocker."

🤦‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

The Sr+ versions will not have Hypercomp in them (Warrior's composite/carbon fiber material); only the Pro versions will. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

But how will people ever recognize my contributions on the board?  Should I start bumping my own threads?

If you want me to teach you how to be a valuable and well respected member on this board, well then you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm just here for imaginary internet points and memes.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:42 PM, Chenner29 said:

But how will people ever recognize my contributions on the board?  Should I start bumping my own threads?

On 8/4/2021 at 1:06 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

If you want me to teach you how to be a valuable and well respected member on this board, well then you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm just here for imaginary internet points and memes.

On 8/4/2021 at 1:19 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

just bang already, you two. jesus.

On 8/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm making my rounds. SBR, Lucky, Chenner,

You want fourthsies?

You guys would be more than eskimo brothers lol

• 5 months later...