Jump to content

Death Metal


The Teal Terror
 Share

Recommended Posts

Let’s not forget about The Godfather of Death metal, the band Death. In the nineties, Chuck Schuldiner, the vocalist and guitarist would assemble all-star musicians for each album and ushered in technical death metal. Sadly he got brain cancer and died relatively young.

Cynic and Meshuggah are two other bands in that mold. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Let’s not forget about The Godfather of Death metal, the band Death. In the nineties, Chuck Schuldiner, the vocalist and guitarist would assemble all-star musicians for each album and ushered in technical death metal. Sadly he got brain cancer and died relatively young.

Cynic and Meshuggah are two other bands in that mold. 

Death came across my spotify about a year or so ago with their instrumental Voice of the Soul.

I'm a sucker for mid/late 90's thrash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Let’s not forget about The Godfather of Death metal, the band Death. In the nineties, Chuck Schuldiner, the vocalist and guitarist would assemble all-star musicians for each album and ushered in technical death metal. Sadly he got brain cancer and died relatively young.

Cynic and Meshuggah are two other bands in that mold. 

I tried to get into Death, but I struggled a bit. But they are historic within the scene.

 

Meshuggah are gods to me. Huge fan. Cynic, that first album gets played a lot! But the later stuff? I can appreciate the musicianship, but, again, I struggle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, The Teal Terror said:

I tried to get into Death, but I struggled a bit. But they are historic within the scene.

 

Meshuggah are gods to me. Huge fan. Cynic, that first album gets played a lot! But the later stuff? I can appreciate the musicianship, but, again, I struggle.

Meshuggah is pretty damn good. I need to listen to more of their music, so far my favorite of theirs is Future Breed Machine, those riffs man. Heard their newer stuff isn’t as good, though. 

Edited by southpawtendy48
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Death came across my spotify about a year or so ago with their instrumental Voice of the Soul.

I'm a sucker for mid/late 90's thrash

Let me guess, you like metallica? 😂

 

I don’t hate thrash but I find that every vocalist sounds pretty similar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Let me guess, you like metallica? 😂

 

I don’t hate thrash but I find that every vocalist sounds pretty similar.

Everything pre-Black album. Black album is decent, but anything afterwards just sucks.

I also like Megadeth too. lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Everything pre-Black album. Black album is decent, but anything afterwards just sucks.

I also like Megadeth too. lol

Yeah I’ve listened to a few of their songs, but can’t get into them for the life of me

 

Megadeth on the other hand is pretty good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Meshuggah is pretty damn good. I need to listen to more of their music, so far my favorite of theirs is Future Breed Machine, those riffs man. Heard their newer stuff isn’t as good, though. 

Meshuggah are in a league of their own. Destroy Erase Improve is a good album, but they found their sound (in my opinion) with Chaosphere. Check out their later stuff for sure, you won’t be disappointed!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...