2021-2022 Playoffs

Fullright

Oettinger and Jarry were great last night. Saturday night, Quick was out of his mind - that game should have been over by the end of the first period.

Out of the teams to survive the first round, I think Carolina looks the strongest but that's why they play the games right?....Effing Rod the Bod looks like he can still play.  

36 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Oettinger and Jarry were great last night. Saturday night, Quick was out of his mind - that game should have been over by the end of the first period.

Out of the teams to survive the first round, I think Carolina looks the strongest but that's why they play the games right?....Effing Rod the Bod looks like he can still play.  

In the series vs Calgary, Oettinger faced 93 more shots against than Markstrom did - averages out to about 13 more shots against per game - and posted a better SV%. 

He almost stole the series.

Pretty surprised at the stat lines for the Russian stud goalies though, their numbers look pretty average
Bobrovsky (9th) - .912 sv%, 2.79gaa
Vasilevskiy (14th) - .897 sv%, 3.04gaa
Shesterkin (20th) - .910 sv%, 3.66gaa

image.thumb.png.7b798df47cdc490791d94e9dce6a7df0.png

• Like 1

I havent seen any of the Panthers' games. Has Bob been off his game? Those numbers are surprising for him. I think he's one of the top 5 to 10 in the game. Vas's numbers arent what we expect but I think he's played pretty well. Igor is off his game; at first I thought it was the Rangers' doing what they always have done to their excellent goalies but he's not looked sharp the last few games. Pretty awesome assist  though; great play. Has to be tons of pressure on him and it is a lot for a rookie. Hopefully, he returns to his game next series.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fullright said:

I havent seen any of the Panthers' games. Has Bob been off his game? Those numbers are surprising for him. I think he's one of the top 5 to 10 in the game. Vas's numbers arent what we expect but I think he's played pretty well. Igor is off his game; at first I thought it was the Rangers' doing what they always have done to their excellent goalies but he's not looked sharp the last few games. Pretty awesome assist  though; great play. Has to be tons of pressure on him and it is a lot for a rookie. Hopefully, he returns to his game next series.

Igor had some insane stat for game 6/7 where he faced 40-50 shots in the 3rd period and overtime of those games without a goal against. That's playing your best when it really counts, aka clutch. 

Vasy probably faced the best offensive team in the league, so it was no wonder his numbers took a massive hit. Though, he did what he did best in series clinching games: 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

This game in Calgary is wild. Dan Vladar wants no part of this game. Mike Smith pulled having given up three goals, to this point Koskinen has given up five goals and Markstrom has given up six goals. Crazy. 

The NHL must have been orgasming all night.  This is the type of hockey they want to attract new eyeballs.  

Meh.