2021-2022 Playoffs

Fullright

5 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Perfect sequence of events to conspire against him. Teammate loses puck as he’s entering the offensive zone, defender inexplicably shooting one-time while skating backwards, ALL the players cutting across his vision at the same time, arc put on the shot so the puck blended in with the seats. That shot was from Steph Curry range. 

Agreed, the clip at around 42 seconds in gives the best north-south view imo.  You can see Smith bump his gloves together to prep for the shot, then it goes in

Looks like Smith lost the puck twice in the sea of dark jerseys in both of the pic clips below a player skates behind the path of the puck. I lost it at least twice every replay I've seen of it.  The shot may have also dipped on him

image.png.2919389dd04db413726698d04ec23584.png

image.png.31af34c272f00f320a5e0b3ed527d911.png

What are the odds Edmonton goes to the orange jerseys next season?

21 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

What are the odds Edmonton goes to the orange jerseys next season?

Next season, the Oilers are going back to the classic royal blue, orange, white 80s colours (home and away), and using those navy/orange as 3rd jerseys.  The orange jerseys are officially retired as of the start of this years playoffs.

One extra jersey note: their reverse retro will be the Todd McFarlane sprocket jersey from the 90s, with a new colour scheme (I assume with some orange on it).

Edited by MikeTheGoalie

23 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've definitely flubbed a few passes over the years.  I have no recollection of ever letting in one of those Smith goals though.  I could also be mentally blocking the memory though lol.

I had one slowly...and i mean SLOWWWWWLY roll (on it's edge! not glide) under my stick) and in

I will now publicly proclaim that I have been scored on by a player sitting on the bench ..........

The opposition needed a line change so their defenseman dumped the puck and headed for the bench. Our team decided to do the same. I saw an opportunity to catch them napping and whipped a pass up the left side to our lone forward.  It was going to be so beautiful.

One little mistake, I whiffed on the one timer and the puck dribbled by me.  Every once in a while I need to recall this moment. It is humbling.😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wonder35 said:

I will now publicly proclaim that I have been scored on by a player sitting on the bench ..........

The opposition needed a line change so their defenseman dumped the puck and headed for the bench. Our team decided to do the same. I saw an opportunity to catch them napping and whipped a pass up the left side to our lone forward.  It was going to be so beautiful.

One little mistake, I whiffed on the one timer and the puck dribbled by me.  Every once in a while I need to recall this moment. It is humbling.😳

It happens to the best of us.  And, the, worst.....of us?  lol

5 minutes ago, Fullright said:

@SaveByRichter35: Igor was excellent. Really found his game as the series wore on; very impressive for a rookie.

So now we got the Bolts v. NYR and  the Oil v 'Lanche. I have no clue about the outcomes but the games will be fun to watch. 

Just watch the Oil/Avalanche series be a tight checking, low scoring affair.

Whereas the Tampa/NY series be a wide open shit storm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fullright said:

@SaveByRichter35: Igor was excellent. Really found his game as the series wore on; very impressive for a rookie.

So now we got the Bolts v. NYR and  the Oil v 'Lanche. I have no clue about the outcomes but the games will be fun to watch. 

Igor has a lot of playoff experience and if his team helps him he will be fine. in any case, we will see an impressive duel between the two best goalkeepers. I hope

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chakal said:

A laughed so hard at this one! Goalies in the conferences finals.

FB_IMG_1654039173486.jpg

Ok, anyone with a pulse knows the top two. The bottom two I cant remember the tag team's name but one of them was Outback Jack. Pretty sure Brutis the Barber called him "Outhouse Jack".

Last night was exciting and fun to watch but geez....14 goals? Any mistake by the D or the goaler and in it went.

Anyone know the extent of Raanta's injury? Looked like a hip, knee, or hamstring.

Tonight should be fun too. 

Edited by Fullright
professional wrestling :)

50 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Stat lines for the 4 remaining starters + Raanta

image.thumb.png.250d9c60833e00c3adb9b4a7244341b1.png

To be fair to Kuemper, he's been cosplaying as a pirate most of these playoffs. 

He took himself out of last game because his vision was blurry. 

14 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Anyone know the extent of Raanta's injury? Looked like a hip, knee, or hamstring.

Tonight should be fun too. 

Same thing that's plagued Raanta his entire career; his groin is made of glass. 

Boy the Panthers must feel embarrassed. The Rangers have already eclipsed the goal total Florida had for four games. Four goals and it’s still not the end of the second period. The Panthers had three all series. Meanwhile, Toronto had 24 goals scored in seven games. The Panthers goal-scorers didn’t show up. 

• Like 1