Jump to content

NHL 2022 Draft/UFA/Offseason Thread


Chenner29
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, The Teal Terror said:

Hmmm, so looks to be a possible tandem with Francouz they’re trying to achieve.

As for Kuemper? At least he did what Grubauer couldn’t I guess?

Kuemper > Grubauer 
Kuemper > Vasilevsky 
Kuemper > Price
Kuemper > Shesterkin 

These are just pure facts. 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Teal Terror said:

Hmmm, so looks to be a possible tandem with Francouz they’re trying to achieve.

As for Kuemper? At least he did what Grubauer couldn’t I guess?

 

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Kuemper > Grubauer 
Kuemper > Vasilevsky 
Kuemper > Price
Kuemper > Shesterkin 

These are just pure facts. 

Also note he did it with ONE EYE

Imagine what he could do with the power of TWO EYES

#Facts

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

 

Also note he did it with ONE EYE

Imagine what he could do with the power of TWO EYES

#Facts

Based on his playoff stats, he'll have a 1.804 save % next season with two healthy eyes.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

Based on his playoff stats, he'll have a 1.804 save % next season with two healthy eyes.

Does this mean he'll make saves for the other team too?

Dude is 6'4, he's big enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will be a very interesting training camp for Colorado. Georgiev and Francouz will duke it out for playing time. I think Francouz will be a starter, simply because he kept the Avs afloat in the playoffs when Kuemper briefly got hurt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

It will be a very interesting training camp for Colorado. Georgiev and Francouz will duke it out for playing time. I think Francouz will be a starter, simply because he kept the Avs afloat in the playoffs when Kuemper briefly got hurt. 

Not the best. 

Sadly Francouz doesn't have the body of work to go 40 plus or 50 plus games plus he's 32. A backup at best. 

Edited by mr_shifty1982
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Not the best. 

Sadly Francouz doesn't have the body of work to go 40 plus or 50 plus games plus he's 32. A backup at best. 

Right.

No way Frankie gets the starting job.  Georgiev's skill ceiling is much higher IMO

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

No goalies taken in the first round

It's not surprising. Goalie is a more long-term position for development. It's not often that a young Fleury or Vasilevsky can come in and play at a high level in the NHL since day 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SaveByRichter35 changed the title to NHL 2022 Draft/UFA/Offseason Thread
Posted (edited)

Finally out of the outage here, so catching up after watching Round 1 on Thursday (happy with the Habs’ 1st pick!)

Here are the top goalies that went in the subsequent rounds (full list on NHL.com)

 

09146199-553E-4C68-B691-71020041544A.jpeg

B5353F51-A95C-4134-A53B-7B069F7286A5.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,774
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Joshytea
    Newest Member
    Joshytea
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...