Px3 Catalyst

Chenner29

I messaged a couple of the big retailers, but there is no (publicly shareable) information yet on where and how the PX3 pad differs from the 12.2. From what I can see based on the customizer options, it looks like the above-knee area may be stiffer and has flatter knee rolls, and you can get it with either of the standard flat/more open boot angles. They also have the 1" nylon knee strap (replacing the elastic strap across the knee) option, which means they maybe are bringing over the knee from the 20.2 pad that was more tightly attached to the pad.

If anyone has seen what the updates this line brings compared to the 12.2, I'd love to see them. I assume the gloves have no updates and are the same across all the lines just with different graphics, which is fine because I like their glove/blocker a lot anyway.

22 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looks like they might be building the thigh a little different. There's a notch there that isn't present on 12.2 or 20.2

Cata.png.566f35d9fa1f2cf83d95145ea659f166.png

That looks like the thinned out thigh rise on these Bobrovsky 12.2 pads (heavily customized/modded by True, and maybe the Panther's equipment manager) this fellow acquired. From this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPlgxoTDlA8

image.png.7548090978855da44ce1af48734f6f7a.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looks like they might be building the thigh a little different. There's a notch there that isn't present on 12.2 or 20.2

Yeah it's definitely there

image.png.127e9e6a1b639549ccd5a8a95d02efaf.pngimage.png.249fda413a51603e2b01c67c597acda6.png

image.png.7effc919baf0180bc3f4c8f8e677e703.png

The glove appears to have a ridge too near the thumb angle line.  It could also be an issue with the graphic modeling...but the same bump is definitely not present on the 20.2 customizer.
Bump isn't showing on the IG post, but that could be because they used an older spec Andersen model glove?

image.png.809052364198820d0644f2592802a9bc.pngimage.png.dd83c9a4d38a0e5fcf14400eabcb6a13.png

image.png.f48dee6fc48120a472a4c5a4ec8cf9af.png

I'll report back in January :D

image.png

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Yeah it's definitely there

image.png.127e9e6a1b639549ccd5a8a95d02efaf.pngimage.png.249fda413a51603e2b01c67c597acda6.png

image.png.7effc919baf0180bc3f4c8f8e677e703.png

The glove appears to have a ridge too near the thumb angle line.  It could also be an issue with the graphic modeling...but the same bump is definitely not present on the 20.2 customizer.

I'm really digging the graphic you posted at the beginning. Quite close to what Price had on his prior to his temporary retirement. Simple and easy to dress up.

Odd how the knee cradle is flat yet protruding at the same time. Wonder how that is going to work out.

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

I'm really digging the graphic you posted at the beginning. Quite close to what Price had on his prior to his temporary retirement. Simple and easy to dress up.

Odd how the knee cradle is flat yet protruding at the same time. Wonder how that is going to work out.

This is more of what I was going for

image.png.07bd9f277b7caad569981a62f5ef8cbb.png

But I can see some similarities to this too

image.png.adb69d40b7924f07a6fe162b41444056.png

IMO you're looking at the knee a different way
The pad has a standard thickness at the knee up to the thigh rise.  It's intentionally thin at the thigh rise to help with mobility when the pads overlap in shot ready stance (see Price pic above)

I have catalog pics, waiting on approval to share

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

The pad has a standard thickness at the knee up to the thigh rise.  It's intentionally thin at the thigh rise to help with mobility when the pads overlap in shot ready stance (see Price pic above)

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I hear what you're saying. The thought did cross my mind after a while. It's kind of what I remember the Mckenney Pro Spec pads looked like some 3-5 years ago. So it's basically a thinner, stiffer, somewhat flat face 12,2.

25 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Catalog pics got approved to share, enjoy.

Glove pics from the catalog don't show the thumb ridge like I saw in the customizer, so don't assume it's a thing.

image.thumb.png.c089d9ae9db9ecd49e1841304d8c010a.png

image.thumb.png.cc94e53b55a85d9969a9182bee875635.png

image.thumb.png.e3e4801d8c3aa5be0e478b22cd75d0a7.png

12.2 with a composite thighrise. Don't think anyone who likes Lefebvre gear will be upset by this. 

Always do love CCM's/True's bespoke style of pad customization. Probably the most available options without the gated upcharge (Bauer/Brians).

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

12.2 with a composite thighrise. Don't think anyone who likes Lefebvre gear will be upset by this. 

Always do love CCM's/True's bespoke style of pad customization. Probably the most available options without the gated upcharge (Bauer/Brians).

Don't forget, Vaughn still charges for embroidery

I could live with their customizer being far and away the worst in the game when they were a family owned company for a year after the split with CCM.   At this point, with all the resources True/True Temper have available, it's just an embarrassment.   

On topic, got my hands on a 12.2 glove at a rink in Michigan a couple weeks back.   Just a stiff and uncomfortable as my EF5 when it was fresh out of the box (maybe even worse).   Brians and Bauer are setting the bar with truly game ready gloves.   CCM, True and Vaughn need to get on board ASAP!

11 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

Vaughn also charges for custom colors..

Custom as in not available via the customizer? 

The comments re: extra charges from Vaughn for simple modifications was not what I experienced.  

On my V9 set:

• SLR style professor strap - no charge
  • Stiff option thigh rise - no charge
  • Face layered with carbon fiber (SLR style) - $80 extra
  • HD foams on landing side, including the calf wedge - no charge
  • Below knee knee strap - no charge
  • Nylon backing instead of air mesh - no charge
  • +1" Y strap - no charge
  • Full face carbon on the blocker - no charge
  • Rigid side board (stock V9 sidewall is pretty soft) - no charge
  • Pro palm in the catcher - no charge
  • Reinforced Double T (both sides) - no charge
  • Skate lace pocket (outsides) - no charge

I didn't do embroidery, though, because I am/was a beer league bum and figured it'd be easier to sell the set someday without my name all over it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

At this point I’d like to remind everyone that True and composites haven’t mixed well lately since they have the most fragile sticks in the sport. Hopefully PX3 doesn’t follow that trend

Too late, I ordered when I made this post

Now I'm scared

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Too late, I ordered when I made this post

Now I'm scared

As long as they don’t mess it up as bad as Vaughn messed up SLR2 you’ll be all good. If you didn’t order a set direct from Vaughn odds are someone had already flexed the pads and broken the composite.