NHL Pro Chest Protector Database

4 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

So are any NHLers wearing small manufacturer’s C/As anymore? Kenesky, Brown, Passau, other? Or is it all CCM, Bauer, Vaughn and what, one Brian’s?

There isn’t much room for variety in the streamline era. Kenesky seem to strike oil initally when the big brands were leaving guys bruised. That Kenesky run does seem to have ended, like you said CCM, Bauer, and Vaughn have been the go to units.

However, I think there would be more Brian’s in the league then you would think.

On 10/11/2023 at 8:58 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The bungee lace actually kinda sounds genius it you think about it to let the pants stretch for the tuck while also letting you tie the chest protector down to them

I did this on my Warrior pants a couple years ago when i got them.  Seemed to work well and haven't had any issues.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:58 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The bungee lace actually kinda sounds genius it you think about it to let the pants stretch for the tuck while also letting you tie the chest protector down to them

Gonna 1-up you here

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BNQ155KX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Stretchy lace that you should be able to get in a color to match your pants.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, pfeiffjay54 said:

what elastic is cut? bottom of the floater? I just bought a bauer pro for cheap and the bottom of the floater elastic is the only thing wrong. It's be nice if i dont have to fix that

This is a ccm pro spec and there's usually a very small piece of elastic connecting the pieces of the elbow floater

Screenshot_20231011_175547_Chrome.jpg.2d77da9c40acc579fad7b6a4b9549a85.jpg.20ec07b8ed58365ae15ea9beaaa407aa.jpg

On 10/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, RichMan said:

I'd love to get my hands on one of these...if they weren't so friggin expensive!!

Literally saw the same picture tonight on Sideline Swap and said hey I've seen this pic before. Well here's your chance. Not my sale btw, just helping out.

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-chest-arm-protectors/7275121-ccm-ab18pro-fit4-xl

On 10/11/2023 at 11:57 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Gru in AB18 with cut elbow floaters elastic

Screenshot_20231011_175547_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b5a78a7ebd924e62fb8fa63a69a2c124.jpg

So I finally managed to get my hands on one of these, used of course, and took it out for a ride tonight in my pickup game. Let me tell you, this is an absolute tank! It's built like nothing else out there honestly. The thickness of the padding and the amount of hardcore plastic involved. The arms alone are most impressive and most awkward at the same time. The arm unit itself, as where and how it attaches to the body is very mobile. Where the arms bend is more rigid, more restrained. I can't reach my head as well as in my 2S and I find that one a little difficult. The bottom flap was either removed or it was built like that, I couldn't tell you, but I like it that way as I tuck it in.. 

Although the floaters are sewn onto the shoulders as per NHL rules, which I like, it could be adjusted a tad more for my frame. It was sold to me as an XL, no tags to show for. I'm 6'2, near 200lbs, my Bauer 2S is an XL. The AB Pro sits a little lower than I wish, lower than the pic above, but then again, it automatically moves up when in my crouch or butterfly. 

This thing is definitely built for the real pros. It's like the P1 got in bed with the Heaton H5, they both drank a 40oz of juice (steroids) and had a baby and voila, finished product. I can still feel the puck hit me as a vibration but in no way could I get hurt in this, I very much doubt it.

It being well used, it took half the game to kinda loosen up to a point where I wouldn't think about it much but I still noticed it in certain situations. It definitely needs some getting used to. I'm curious if the experience is the same with a brand new unit. Other than wear and tear and some foams/plastics warping a little, I can't see this thing breaking down and getting all mushy over time like off the rack models.

To you out there that has one or tried one for practice or game, do you feel the same in terms of impression and experience?

If CCM would put this out for the public, I'm sure a lot of people would jump on it, but I can also say it wouldn't necessarily be to everyone's liking. 

Edited by RichMan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RichMan said:

So I finally managed to get my hands on one of these, used of course, and took it out for a ride tonight in my pickup game. Let me tell you, this is an absolute tank! It's built like nothing else out there honestly. The thickness of the padding and the amount of hardcore plastic involved. The arms alone are most impressive and most awkward at the same time. The arm unit itself, as where and how it attaches to the body is very mobile. Where the arms bend is more rigid, more restrained. I can't reach my head as well as in my 2S and I find that one a little difficult. The bottom flap was either removed or it was built like that, I couldn't tell you, but I like it that way as I tuck it in.. 

Although the floaters are sewn onto the shoulders as per NHL rules, which I like, it could be adjusted a tad more for my frame. It was sold to me as an XL, no tags to show for. I'm 6'2, near 200lbs, my Bauer 2S is an XL. The AB Pro sits a little lower than I wish, lower than the pic above, but then again, it automatically moves up when in my crouch or butterfly. 

This thing is definitely built for the real pros. It's like the P1 got in bed with the Heaton H5, they both drank a 40oz of juice (steroids) and had a baby and voila, finished product. I can still feel the puck hit me as a vibration but in no way could I get hurt in this, I very much doubt it.

It being well used, it took half the game to kinda loosen up to a point where I wouldn't think about it much but I still noticed it in certain situations. It definitely needs some getting used to. I'm curious if the experience is the same with a brand new unit. Other than wear and tear and some foams/plastics warping a little, I can't see this thing breaking down and getting all mushy over time like off the rack models.

To you out there that has one or tried one for practice or game, do you feel the same in terms of impression and experience?

If CCM would put this out for the public, I'm sure a lot of people would jump on it, but I can also say it wouldn't necessarily be to everyone's liking. 

It’s the material they use on the arms that is going to be the first thing to go for you.