2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

True, especially nowadays.  Resale value would be wiped with it cut out too, most likely.   I guess it just seems like a bulky, invasive thing that touches you a lot for something that is not being used in its intended, functional way.

It’s so loose it barely touches my wrist but what does is honestly kind of nice because it gives a little bit of padding. C55A61F6-F78C-480E-B53A-821D6DA2501F.thumb.jpeg.5dc3154edffa984e789d06942df5250a.jpeg

But not sure if I could even cut it out anyway because of how Bauer sewed it in. It is sown to the palm then the loop for the hand strap is sown to it. image.thumb.jpg.1e503b09bfc9f971e3224779961d17b7.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

It’s so loose it barely touches my wrist but what does is honestly kind of nice because it gives a little bit of padding. C55A61F6-F78C-480E-B53A-821D6DA2501F.thumb.jpeg.5dc3154edffa984e789d06942df5250a.jpeg

But not sure if I could even cut it out anyway because of how Bauer sewed it in. It is sown to the palm then the loop for the hand strap is sown to it. image.thumb.jpg.1e503b09bfc9f971e3224779961d17b7.jpg

That creamy fuzzy underneath part looks so comfy.

13 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Obviously I'm not going to be 100% right on this, but I think that Vasilevsky is the only NHL guy to be using a stock Mach glove. 

I'm basing that off of:

1. No wrist strap flopping around
2. The backhand being the same as Mach catchers. 

I think most guys are still using Ultrasonic or 2S builds and the backhands reflect that. 

Curious thing about Vasy is that he's still using a US blocker based off of the wrist cuff. 

Fu60txgWYAAn19p.thumb.jpg.628173bd4e1f3c6fb3b04a09898b3cd3.jpg

Vasilevsky is so cool that he can play anything and it will not affect the level of his play. haha. Every season when a new line is released, Vasya plays in it as the main “guy Bauer”. It seems to me that he is one of the few goalkeepers who is not afraid of the frequent transition from one gear to another

17 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I ordered my G6 glove with the wrist strap and I'm still undecided if I want to use it. I didn't use it much because it interfered tons with my Warrior chest but maybe the Mach chest is different. I liked the secure feeling it provided and with my hand nearly slipping out of my G6 gloves a few times lately it may be going back on. Loved having a wrist strap on gnetik and didn't mind it too much on any other glove. 

Have you had a chance to try the Kova Wrist strap? My "new to me" 6.1 came with it. It's surprisingly better than a traditional wrist strap in my book. It actually sits higher up on the arm than a trad strap, not on the wrist joint but just above it. I cinch it down moderately and it anchors my glove from sliding off my hand, while providing much less interference with range of motion than a trad strap. Kinda the best of both worlds if. you don't like just the hand strap. 

1 hour ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Have you had a chance to try the Kova Wrist strap? My "new to me" 6.1 came with it. It's surprisingly better than a traditional wrist strap in my book. It actually sits higher up on the arm than a trad strap, not on the wrist joint but just above it. I cinch it down moderately and it anchors my glove from sliding off my hand, while providing much less interference with range of motion than a trad strap. Kinda the best of both worlds if. you don't like just the hand strap. 

I may try the kova wrist strap at some point but the custom warrior one has been pretty nice and feels more like a traditional wrist strap

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ser33 said:

Vasilevsky is so cool that he can play anything and it will not affect the level of his play. haha. Every season when a new line is released, Vasya plays in it as the main “guy Bauer”. It seems to me that he is one of the few goalkeepers who is not afraid of the frequent transition from one gear to another

Dude has had a lot of gear changes for sure. Though, despite being the Vapour poster boy, he's never worn any Vapour gear. 

8 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

Just saw another AHL goalie tonight with a stock Mach no wrist strap. 

Nice. It's a great glove.  I love it.

My hypothesis is still, given however many goalies,  pros or like us, try it stock, the number of goalies who go "nah" is way higher than the number who go "yes."

If it's true that Shadow has a stock wrist strap, this is huge support for my hypothesis. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Dude has had a lot of gear changes for sure. Though, despite being the Vapour poster boy, he's never worn any Vapour gear. 

almost agree. gloves are always Supreme, but with pads it’s not so siwmple. I can assume that this is still Supreme in the Vapor skin with the harness and Vapor calf wrap(16).jpeg.c72f06f29c64621a8becca9f66b9e159.jpeg

but the chest is definitely Hyperlite. Vapor Hyperlite

(2).jpeg.a145083b8272951671a6c78a2b39321d.jpeg9

On 11/5/2023 at 7:17 PM, keeperton said:

I have 'em too (and have also only been in Brian's gloves for like 10-15 years). My side bit here is that I have intermediate internals so all gloves feel strange to me. When I last got to try a 600, it felt a little different from both to me is my main point. My opinions are of course not fact.

I would also second this. As I recently have gone from a Gnetik to a True 600 and I can say that the placement of the pocket and how it closes is closer to a 590 then 600 on the Brian's Gnetik which is now Iconik

• Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 3:57 AM, ser33 said:

almost agree. gloves are always Supreme, but with pads it’s not so siwmple. I can assume that this is still Supreme in the Vapor skin with the harness and Vapor calf wrap(16).jpeg.c72f06f29c64621a8becca9f66b9e159.jpeg

but the chest is definitely Hyperlite. Vapor Hyperlite

(2).jpeg.a145083b8272951671a6c78a2b39321d.jpeg9

The latest photos of him actually have him a true Hyperlite pad 2. After close to stock Mach last year.

also using Pro CCM chest  

32 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Lundqvist at the Hall of Fame game.  He got a shutout.

Screenshot_20231112-174713_Samsung Internet.jpg

One of the few remaining bauer sets with custom specs top to bottom. There used to be list on sidelineswap somewhere along with his set. From memory: no sidewall 2X blocker, completely custom glove build, 1S top binding on the pads, absurd amount of elastic straps on the pads, 1S cortech, custom calf wrap size. Most of the specs on his set were specific to him.

8 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

One of the few remaining bauer sets with custom specs top to bottom. There used to be list on sidelineswap somewhere along with his set. From memory: no sidewall 2X blocker, completely custom glove build, 1S top binding on the pads, absurd amount of elastic straps on the pads, 1S cortech, custom calf wrap size. Most of the specs on his set were specific to him.

Am

I correct that he still plays with an all-wood stick?

1 hour ago, ethanallen said:

Marc Andre Fleury still play with a foam core or did he join the revolution? My Hyperlite 2 stick pretty much got me out of foam cores. 

I think he's still using foam cores surprisingly. I'm sure it makes the True rep throw a fit. V1 Pro+ got me away from foam cores but since then I've started to lean more towards ccm since I prefer their paddle grip. Plus axis XF will be almost perfectly made for my preferences. 

58 minutes ago, chakal said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe6c38a0290e8428903363f2cd84495e.jpeg

Jake Allen with a new mask last week-end. I usually like simple mask paintjobs, but not sure about this one. I would have added a couple of stripes on the sides and I would have make the window white. 

Something like that.

image.thumb.jpeg.7f70d9f00b4431c37c1007c22010b3fe.jpeg

For a moment I thought he had a Roy copy made up.

1 hour ago, chakal said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe6c38a0290e8428903363f2cd84495e.jpeg

Jake Allen with a new mask last week-end. I usually like simple mask paintjobs, but not sure about this one. I would have added a couple of stripes on the sides and I would have make the window white. 

Something like that.

image.thumb.jpeg.7f70d9f00b4431c37c1007c22010b3fe.jpeg

I don't recall seeing many non-white windows in the cage.  Very interesting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ethanallen said:

Marc Andre Fleury still play with a foam core or did he join the revolution? My Hyperlite 2 stick pretty much got me out of foam cores. 

Says he still is. True was making him one rather than go through Heritage like the other guys did. He might be the only one left. Think it was Brian Elliot  and Buffalo Sabres goalie Dustin Tokarski in 2021.

https://www.nhl.com/news/unmasked-marc-andre-fleury-among-goalie-wood-stick-holdouts-329061666

• Like 1

I just sent the Carolina Hurricanes an email correcting the fact that they said the Whalers wore Cooperalls. They wore CCMs.

Why? Bothers me to see the Hurricanes use and abuse the Whalers stuff. You steal their team then parade around in their gear? Annoying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I just sent the Carolina Hurricanes an email correcting the fact that they said the Whalers wore Cooperalls. They wore CCMs.

Why? Bothers me to see the Hurricanes use and abuse the Whalers stuff. You steal their team then parade around in their gear? Annoying.

Picture to prove your point

image.jpeg.3cacbc603b36c7958e1c0e96d6d5dec2.jpeg

• Like 1