2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

Technically speaking - the Penguins old arena - The Civic Arena (or Igloo) had a roof that could open up.

image.png.779225c574c18994e52b6d997107c5cd.png

How cool would it have been if they could have used this place like this for their games?

1963-Civic-Arena-Pittsburgh.jpg

• Like 2

Guess Bauer wants Askarov as the future of the Vapor line? He’s almost exclusively used Supreme graphics since his VHL days. Also that glove looks different from the normal vapor glove, but definitely not a 90. Curious what it may be or perhaps I’m just crazy.

3BE583E6-1174-4AB0-AFD1-4B1FB32BA1B9.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Guess Bauer wants Askarov as the future of the Vapor line? He’s almost exclusively used Supreme graphics since his VHL days. Also that glove looks different from the normal vapor glove, but definitely not a 90. Curious what it may be or perhaps I’m just crazy.

Iirc askarov used a 600 glove when he was in eflex and somehow got a proper Lefevre style bauer 600 glove instead of a supreme. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Pretty sure it's just the normal Vapor glove.  

Edited by Hockeygoalie111

I wonder what Nashville is gonna do with their goalie situation.  Do they move Saros before the trade deadline?  His contract isn't bad at all for his level of play, but if they do is Askarov ready to step in?

39 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

I wonder what Nashville is gonna do with their goalie situation.  Do they move Saros before the trade deadline?  His contract isn't bad at all for his level of play, but if they do is Askarov ready to step in?

Saros is having a down year for himself and he's still in the top 10 goalies. 

Is Askarov that much better of a replacement then one of the best goalies in the league? It may just turn into another Rinne/Saros situation where Nashville, once again, has a loaded back end. 

14 hours ago, jerd31 said:

They’re going to wait as long as they can. They also don’t have a cup run ready core yet so no point in rushing Askarov to the nhl. My guess is he moves up once Lankinen’s contract ends at the end of the season or maybe its after next 

9 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

They’re going to wait as long as they can. They also don’t have a cup run ready core yet so no point in rushing Askarov to the nhl. My guess is he moves up once Lankinen’s contract ends at the end of the season or maybe its after next 

This makes the most sense.   Young goalies don't have linear development paths, so learning behind a veteran for a few years works well.   Bishop/Vasy is the example that springs to mind.   They'll make Askarov push Saros out the door rather than just handing the reigns to him unless someone gives them an amazing offer on Juice.  

On 1/9/2024 at 2:47 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Honestly, whatever model that glove is, it has the perfect shape IMO, at least for me, a nice round shape to vacuum anything coming at you. It looks like a 60 or 75 break.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 2:47 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Coming back to this pic again...see how the split T is anchored dead centre at the break? Is it because it's a 60? If my split T on my GT2 was positioned the same, would it still work with it's 75 break or mess up the closure or balance?