2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

Coming back to this pic again...see how the split T is anchored dead centre at the break? Is it because it's a 60? If my split T on my GT2 was positioned the same, would it still work with it's 75 break or mess up the closure or balance?

Its really strange because it looks like a stock vapor glove aside from the palm shape and pocket. The cuff and tee looks like Bauer’s 590 (60 degree) but its definitely something they build for Askarov specifically

On 1/16/2024 at 4:13 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Generally we put our hands in and do a open/close motion. 

Funny. Half of the gloves were nearly impossible to do that with. And I'm decently strong these days.

I know pros get the pre broken in glove option. How they can put gloves out at retail that feel about as flexible as a 5 gallon bucket baffles me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MTH said:

Funny. Half of the gloves were nearly impossible to do that with. And I'm decently strong these days.

I know pros get the pre broken in glove option. How they can put gloves out at retail that feel about as flexible as a 5 gallon bucket baffles me.

The CCM/True gloves are the worst for this. Vaughn SLR's aren't good either. 

The rest seems to be mostly OK as far as my off the shelf experience go. It's more the antiquated designs that seems to have these issues more than anything. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The rest seems to be mostly OK as far as my off the shelf experience go. It's more the antiquated designs that seems to have these issues more than anything. 

I agree with both of you. Warrior and Brian's seem easy, but you can't tell how many clients messed with them over the weeks, months or even years if it's an old model.

It's only natural to have a braking in period but there is a friggin limit after all. Seems like gloves 20 years ago were so much more supple. Remember the Bauer Supreme line? Felt like butter off the shelf.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:11 PM, RedX said:

Phenomenal graphic, however it seems CCM printing process is still having issues.   

IMG_9982.jpeg

Looks like the graphic was rubbed off by the wearer trying to clean puck marks away. The set has next to no marks for a graphic that faded

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Looks like the graphic was rubbed off by the wearer trying to clean puck marks away. The set has next to no marks for a graphic that faded

I believe the pads are second set received at Christmas. And he’s still using the original set gloves. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RedX said:

Scott Wedgewood rocking a Bauer blocker with True graphic. Green’s don’t line up perfectly. 

IMG_0713.jpeg

Like I said in some other thread, bauers performance is at the top of the league. From my understanding the reason more people don't use their equipment is a comfort thing and sometimes a build quality thing. I had no issues with the durability of my HL2 though I didn't put much use into them

3 hours ago, RedX said:

Scott Wedgewood rocking a Bauer blocker with True graphic. Green’s don’t line up perfectly.

Nice catch.... @TheGoalNet's pet peeve

Also note this shot is from Patty Roy's first NHL coaching victory with NYI.

Jury's still out on if the still has those Stanley Cup rings plugging his ears

Here's a bench shot of the goat

image.png.ea1c097402de8f9696de9432e6769d63.png

Looks like he’s about to blow his top. I’ve always assumed it must be difficult/frustrating for guys that played at a very high level to move to coaching (Roy, Gretzky for a minute) in the sense that they probably have to slow down their own mind to coach others that probably aren’t at their speed. “No, no - like this… “

Edited by chile57

Superstars sometimes just do things and see things on a whole other level. Why some of the guys who are hanging on are the best coaches as they lacked the gift and made up with hard work and discipline. 

Baseball catchers seem to be really good coaches in pro baseball too. Not sure if there's a best position for coaches to have played in their day. Goalie seems like a bad fit as a head coach as they ignore the Xs and Os of offense and defense. 

But you can have a good staff and use them for that. Head coaches have to manage their assistants too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MTH said:

Superstars sometimes just do things and see things on a whole other level. Why some of the guys who are hanging on are the best coaches as they lacked the gift and made up with hard work and discipline. 

Baseball catchers seem to be really good coaches in pro baseball too. Not sure if there's a best position for coaches to have played in their day. Goalie seems like a bad fit as a head coach as they ignore the Xs and Os of offense and defense. 

But you can have a good staff and use them for that. Head coaches have to manage their assistants too.

As a goalie, your view of the action is so different from in the meilly (?spelling) in front, we see the open lanes and the open man andthe weak sides and the overloads and the numbers, etc. If you understand the Xs and Os, a goalie can make an excellent coach. 

It's like the point guard in basketball. You see the whole game, whereas your center or power forward only sees one portion of the play.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 11:32 AM, MTH said:

On 1/18/2024 at 11:37 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

On 1/18/2024 at 12:42 PM, RichMan said:

I agree with both of you. Warrior and Brian's seem easy, but you can't tell how many clients messed with them over the weeks, months or even years if it's an old model.

It's only natural to have a braking in period but there is a friggin limit after all. Seems like gloves 20 years ago were so much more supple. Remember the Bauer Supreme line? Felt like butter off the shelf.

True 20.2 game ready 590, delivered on Jan 9th, used for 7 games/skates so far. I get that true and CCM may be a little stiffer off the shelf than some other brands but my experience has been it's really not that tough to get them dialed in pretty quickly 👍

• Like 1