Jump to content

eBay Users to Avoid


Recommended Posts

So I won an auction on Ebay from user:  bnazz95_2013  

First off I was a little cautious because of the sellers history, but he was selling a pair of goalie skates and I'm in desperate need of some new ones.  The auction has a reserve on it, and I meet the reserve, but the seller goes quiet.  Doesn't respond to any messages I've sent,  never sends the item.    Basically this user has a history of not sending items if he doesn't like the price he got.   The feed back I saw was people saying "if you don't like the price put in a reserve!"  this auction I won had a reserve that was met so was hoping that I would get these. 

So I guess I'm posting this up for a couple of reasons.  One, I'd avoid that ebay user assuming he's not banned (I have a case open on this right now).  Two has this ever happened to anyone on here?  All the years I've used Ebay, never had this happen to me.  Guess I'm just lucky?

oh and mods, I dunno if putting an ebay username up in this post is a no-no or not.  if so I guess edit this and take his user name out.  I just wanted to warn people so they don't get stuck by the same person.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a long time and avid ebay user and that sort of thing does happen from time to time.  Just make sure you get your money back, which Ebay is great about and file a complaint.  Ebay is a little reluctant to boot crappy sellers these days, but if enough complaints roll in, they will for sure.  Also, it helps to look up a seller before bidding or making an offer, this will give you a good indication of who your dealing with.  I typically am very hesitant to buy from anyone that has little to no history or obvious bad history.  Not that I'm afraid of getting scammed, like I said, Ebay protection is great, I just don't want the hassle.

As a seller, I get some shitty buyers too, that like to bid on stuff then find a better deal elsewhere or change their mind.  You waste an entire week waiting for the auction to end thinking your stuff is sold and then the buyer asks to cancel or just never pays and you have to start all over again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vikingGoalie said:

So I won an auction on Ebay from user:  bnazz95_2013  

...

oh and mods, I dunno if putting an ebay username up in this post is a no-no or not.  if so I guess edit this and take his user name out.  I just wanted to warn people so they don't get stuck by the same person.

It is absolutely allowed.  No one likes a scammer so feel free to put him on blast.  In fact lets make this the "official" ebay scammer thread.  If anyone comes into any problems with buying or selling their gear post up the user name so others know to steer clear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It is absolutely allowed.  No one likes a scammer so feel free to put him on blast.  In fact lets make this the "official" ebay scammer thread.  If anyone comes into any problems with buying or selling their gear post up the user name so others know to steer clear.

I had posted warnings about BAHR in a separate thread last year...another one to watch out for that sells on Ebay.  Now I've heard mixed reviews on these guys but my own personal experience wasn't a good one, so beware.  Had to get Ebay involved to get a refund on a not so "very good" condition pro return P1 chesty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

His special thread is dead and burred - but this was how it started.

Quote

The Problem With Bieker/Bieker123456

03-29-2009, 12:12 AM
 
Given that a number of GSBB members are reporting current problems in dealing with Bierker123456 on ebay, this thread is an attempt to deal with the problem and to move it out of the ebay sitings thread. 

Those who have comments about Bieker, including positive ones, are welcome to post them here. 

Perhaps we can work out some of the conflict or at least notify GSBB members about the issues at hand.

Frank Bieker wasn't a fan of the thread obviously and got it removed. He too eventually got the perma-ban. I still don't know how he had a post count of over 10 million. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

I bought a used GoPro off eBay many years ago.  The seller had a good rating, and I figured that would work out.  I got the GoPro, it wouldn't turn on and wouldn't charge.  The battery connections on the battery AND in the camera were corroded.  I notified the seller via email and received no response.  I took it to a local camera shop to see if it was salvageable, sadly no.  Due to my own procrastination, I passed the 30 days to get refunded but filed a complaint anyway.  Seller finally responded and said they would refund me if I shipped it back.  I did (glad to be rid of it) but SHOCK, no money came back.  Seller ghosted me. 

Some of it was my own fault, but even the rating system is not perfect.  I've bought stuff from sellers in Asia and gotten very fast, reliable service.  IMO, eBay is a complete crap-shoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MTH said:

Selling eats the big one too on eBay. Sold my S170 pads and I think after fees and all from my paltry $250 sale... I have $210 in my account.

What a waste.

I quit selling a few years back because I got extorted over $25! I was parting out a 950 SS Ducati that had the special edition aluminium swing arm. The wanker I sold it to waited 60 days to report the supposed crack in it, and eBay “suggested” that I refund that tosser $25! After that, I vowed to NEVER AGAIN sell on eBay.

My eBay account keeps getting hacked, so I am on permasuspended mode. I do NOT trust eBay and DO NOT feel that they have the best interests in mind for EITHER sellers or buyers.

Screw eBay, I say!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wherever possible I try and sell stuff on facebook groups rather on eBay these days - so far *touch wood* I've not had any bad experiences and you potentially only eat the 3% PayPal fee rather than the 10% seller fees too. Shifted a ton of goalie gear on there without any issue all, (around Europe and to N.A) and got rid of my old Audi A2 on a specialist A2 group without having to deal with eBay or Auto Trader's £30 listing fee - the specialist audience of goalie / car groups also weeds out general time wasters. (selling something like an iPhone on facebook marketplace, however is a whole different ball game ? )

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

As far as buying/selling, I've had the best luck with Sideline Swap. EBay seems to be dying off as far as goalie gear available to buy...

I find most stuff on SLS drastically over priced...facebook seems to be the best bang for the buck with the occasional crack smoker, but you have a lot of JR and College players selling pro gear at the end of their season for pennies on the dollar.  I've bought 2 sets (Warrior R/GT Pro & Eflex 3's) in like new condition for less than $700 in the last year.  I made almost $500 flipping both sets.  Ebay still has some great deals though, some people don't know what they have, but it is slowly dying.  The worst part about facebook is all the Brian's fanboys thinking their Gnetik 2's are still worth $1700...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I quit selling a few years back because I got extorted over $25! I was parting out a 950 SS Ducati that had the special edition aluminium swing arm. The wanker I sold it to waited 60 days to report the supposed crack in it, and eBay “suggested” that I refund that tosser $25! After that, I vowed to NEVER AGAIN sell on eBay.

My eBay account keeps getting hacked, so I am on permasuspended mode. I do NOT trust eBay and DO NOT feel that they have the best interests in mind for EITHER sellers or buyers.

Screw eBay, I say!!!!!!!

Doesn't work that way anymore, typically 7-10 days for a refund if your unsatisfied or your SOL, unless the seller has a 60 day return policy or some crap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayluv54 said:

Doesn't work that way anymore, typically 7-10 days for a refund if your unsatisfied or your SOL, unless the seller has a 60 day return policy or some crap.

That’s a good thing. At the time, I felt like I was being extorted and eBay was complicit. Very shitty thing eBay was doing at that time. That experience turned me RIGHT OFF; my account never seeming to be secure was the LAST straw for even buying via eBay!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 7:22 PM, Hockey School Dropout said:

I bought a used GoPro off eBay many years ago.  The seller had a good rating, and I figured that would work out.  I got the GoPro, it wouldn't turn on and wouldn't charge.  The battery connections on the battery AND in the camera were corroded.  I notified the seller via email and received no response.  I took it to a local camera shop to see if it was salvageable, sadly no.  Due to my own procrastination, I passed the 30 days to get refunded but filed a complaint anyway.  Seller finally responded and said they would refund me if I shipped it back.  I did (glad to be rid of it) but SHOCK, no money came back.  Seller ghosted me. 

Some of it was my own fault, but even the rating system is not perfect.  I've bought stuff from sellers in Asia and gotten very fast, reliable service.  IMO, eBay is a complete crap-shoot.

Sellers live and die by their ratings on Ebay.  Never leave feedback until your completely satisfied because most sellers will do anything to not have negative feedback and Ebay will be more likely to rule against them in any claim situations if they have negative feedback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

That’s a good thing. At the time, I felt like I was being extorted and eBay was complicit. Very shitty thing eBay was doing at that time. That experience turned me RIGHT OFF; my account never seeming to be secure was the LAST straw for even buying via eBay!

Its true, they used to be all about the seller when they first started because that's where the revenue came from, then when buyers left in droves, they switched gears and were all about buyer protection.  They still kind of favor the buyer a little bit, but are more reasonable and fair about it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

Its true, they used to be all about the seller when they first started because that's where the revenue came from, then when buyers left in droves, they switched gears and were all about buyer protection.  They still kind of favor the buyer a little bit, but are more reasonable and fair about it now.

Geting extorted on an item that was well past the over-generous 45 days made me feel like the buyer could do WHATEVER they wanted to an item or send back an identical BROKEN item; THAT is when I felt like they did NOT care if the buyer was a CON ARTIST! Again- they can’t get me back in the fold. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on ME!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...