Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2017 at 9:23 AM, bunnyman666 said:

I was told once that the only carbon in the Vaughn "carbon" is the carbon pigment in the ink printed on the plastics. I wish a retailer would have a display of what is really inside of the "carbon" gear.

Funny you mention that, there are holes in my Howard unit. I was sliding the padding around looking for the carbon. I couldn't find black sheets of it. It's my understanding that it's sandwiched between foam and cannot be seen.

I would love a pic like this!

Bauer.png

• Like 2

On 4/24/2017 at 11:29 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Funny you mention that, there are holes in my Howard unit. I was sliding the padding around looking for the carbon. I couldn't find black sheets of it. It's my understanding that it's sandwiched between foam and cannot be scene.

I would love a pic like this!..

Someone must have jigsaw and 5 minutes of their time

2 hours ago, Hills said:

There was a big stink about this on GGSU, with them lighting it on fire as well. I am not sure what the end outcome was but it was an interesting thing to see.

As in people questioning the amount of the carbon used?

47 minutes ago, Hills said:

People questioning if it was actually carbon. They went as far as heating it up to show it didn't "melt" like carbon.

Whoa, keep us posted if there ever any resolution this!

On a side note, my industry uses a lot of "carbon filled" plastic materials that a lot people misunderstand to be carbon fiber. I could see how this gets confusing.