JRZ gear

daffy

@SaveByRichter35 heres a lil vid the gf made with her new camera (Turn down the volume srry made it a lil loud) along with some shots of the detail and stuff I like. I should also mention I got the "Soft core" which is still quite stiff. It moves when you press down on it but there is LITTLE to zero torsional flex due to the rigidity of the core. Not a bad thing imo

Pic 1) The seal, the pad does seal really nice especially at the thighrise

Pic 2) The profile, its super thin! No break! These are like Optik level thin(psst I really liked optiks) also worth of mention the angled knee stack that's a stock option, kinda cool becoming more of a staple on equipment now

Pic 3) Strapping system, all Velcro! Pete smith and warrior would love this, the landing anchor(that middle strap) is also able to be adjusted so you can choose how much of the landing gear is really landing with you, probably a comfort thing I'm gonna try it loose as possible to start. There is a large portion of the calf area that is all hoop to match the hook on the strap tabs, this means i can put the knee strap down to get price strapping without a special piece of Velcro being there.

Pic 4) Leg channel, Fairly open similar to a lot of pads on the market this is the STOCK leg channel,

Pic 5) DA boot, really shallow boot this probably helps with transitioning from butterfly to upright? I also wanted to show off the weave i love the way this stuff looks i got it on the landing gear too

Pic 6) The outer roll, Nice and thin, much like say it with me now "Like the Optiks" warrior is thinning their rolls out too now

pic 7) The boot and tow set up, I don't know why in the image they had on Instagram they had the bungee toe tie behind his ankle? Maybe to just show it off but it is very pro laces or dare I say HAL bungee type system. The boot strap is kinda cool its a nylon strap with velcro on one end, I wont be using this but i may try it on the initial skate for funzies.

Pic 8( Knee flap, totally removable, again another staple among manufactures now but the piece itself is really well made and can be removed to customize fit (Imma leave it on i like my knee straps)

Pic 9) More "adjustability" The strapping system can be removed if you dont want it! i also like the strap will swivel so if i wanted to do a criss-cross formation with my calf straps I easily could! And I did! (for about a half second..)

Pic 10) Jsut a quick pic of how you can adjust the tightness of the M.A.S. (The velcro) strapping on the calf

YOU WANTED ANGLES AND PICTURES YOU GOT IT BUDDY!

image1-2.jpeg

image2-1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1-3.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image3-1.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

Edited by Smeds35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Smeds35 - Thank you for posting this. Your kit looks fantastic!  I ordered my Fusion's on Monday, and I'm hopeful that they will be here not too long after the rinks re-open in Michigan.  JRZ quoted me six weeks for delivery.  I went with the stock graphic, but limited the zone usage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beansbats said:

@Smeds35 - Thank you for posting this. Your kit looks fantastic!  I ordered my Fusion's on Monday, and I'm hopeful that they will be here not too long after the rinks re-open in Michigan.  JRZ quoted me six weeks for delivery.  I went with the stock graphic, but limited the zone usage.

Good idea that stock grpahic can be busy. So far after a million carpet flys later i can say i do really like the pads cant wait to get on the ice here soon! @Vaytch Loved your review/look through on youtube even though its in French ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beansbats said:

So I placed the order for my JRZ Fusion kit on June 2nd.  It shipped today.  Two weeks.  Absolutely incredible!  Too bad the rinks in Michigan haven't open yet ;)

-steve

Yeah my pads were done a week earlier than quoted! They work quick!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hear a lot of people saying the JRZ's are very simillar to Bauers (for obvious reasons)

I had a pair of Nike Bauer one100's (i think, it was about 15 years or so ago, cant quite remember the name) and the boot was so stiff, i just couldnt get used to it.

Not sure of JRZ made these Bauer pads but for those with JRZ Fusions - How stiff is the boot?  The JRZ site only gives one option for boot flex for the Fusions - Stiff!!

On 6/23/2020 at 9:44 AM, beansbats said:

I already posted in in the gear showoff thread, but I think the new kit needs to be in the JRZ thread as well.  I also spent 45 minutes on the synthetic ice with them, and I am impressed.

JRZwMask.jpg

I think had GNetik IV or Optik? If yes, how do these compare?

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think had GNetik IV or Optik? If yes, how do these compare?

I still have my Optiks, and I love them.  The Fusion's play very similar to the Optiks, very light, thin, and great sliding.  The one thing that stands out on the JRZ's over the Optik's is the thigh rise, it is stiffer and I like that.

2 hours ago, beansbats said:

I still have my Optiks, and I love them.  The Fusion's play very similar to the Optiks, very light, thin, and great sliding.  The one thing that stands out on the JRZ's over the Optik's is the thigh rise, it is stiffer and I like that.

That's why I asked. That pad reminded me of Optik when I first saw it.

Either of them noticeably better with slides or rebounds?

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I had both optik 1 ans jrz ... I thing rebound are better on jrz .. slightly less than bauer ... sliding is similar but in 3rd période the primo is a little bit better ... seriously I don’t know how they make the jrz pads slide so well with jenpro I never seen that 

seriously you can ask jrz for a demo set , I don’t know with the covid period but they ship demo to USA too  I’m pretty sure 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I'll be able to answer this better after more ice.  My initial impression is that I haven't really noticed any significant differences, both sets play fast and kick the rebounds out.