JRZ gear

daffy

13 minutes ago, daffy said:

http://jrzglobalsports.com/prime-pz-1/

What do you guys think of the new JRZ gear?  Im curious if i could get an X60 pad made.  Dont need them yet but would be good to know for down the road.

Their prices are very good. I think the different level of customisations would possibly entail you getting an X60 pad.

My decision for a new set of pads just got harder...

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks almost identical to pre Od1n Bauer pads.

I wonder why.... ?

And then there is that reputation that JRZ Bauer gloves never closed right, yet they show a good-closing glove on the website...

I would be interested in a zero-graphic pad, flat pad, as I think no graphics would probably cost a minimum of $100 upcharge; though my gut tells me the full $250 CAD would be more the ticket. All white with no graphics would entail clean sheets of Jenpro; graphics can be made of remnants in many cases.

It would be interesting to play these side by side against a Reactor 9000 and see how they compare, with the obvious exception of knee rolls and verical stitches. Budaj was rocking these near the end of the season if I recall...

Edited by bunnyman666

• 10 months later...
12 hours ago, TitanG said:

Looks like a different glove than the Prime PZ-1. I assume it's one of the old Bauer models:

Normal PZ-1:

@TheGoalNet do you have any insider info on whether it is possible to order a different glove from JRZ? For me, the two-piece glove and break is not my preference. (Couldn't edit my original post for some reason)

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Knee rolls would cost $150 CAD last time I checked. Not terrible. 

I am good on pads for awhile. Between my Pooper by Brian’s, my soon to be modded black Vaughns and my Richter-esque Vaughns, I do NOT need any pads. That’s what I keep telling myself...

Yeah...

11 minutes ago, TitanG said:

@TheGoalNet do you have any insider info on whether it is possible to order a different glove from JRZ? For me, the two-piece glove and break is not my preference. (Couldn't edit my original post for some reason)

Yeah...

I contacted them a few months back about gear and the possibility of them doing Bauer clones.  They said no to that and no to a 1 piece glove.  They did mention that they will be launching a 2nd line in the future.

1 minute ago, cwarnar said:

I contacted them a few months back about gear and the possibility of them doing Bauer clones.  They said no to that and no to a 1 piece glove.  They did mention that they will be launching a 2nd line in the future.

Thanks for the info. I guess the guy in the photo either has a prototype of the second line or has connections...

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, #16 said:

huh?

May 20th is a holiday, so release on 21st makes sense.  

For what you were probably actually commenting on, I've seen "nd" instead of "st" for dates quite commonly as a French-English translation typo :P

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 1:29 PM, cwarnar said:

I'm insanely confused.  And is the number of elastic straps needed... This looks like Hellebuyck made the switch to elastic straps...

Curious if they removed weight from their pad and will offer a bindingless blocker and 1 piece glove

That blocker looks bindingless in the image posted, at least to me.

Four straps on the pad that I can notice, at least one of which seems totally pointless. I'm sure they'll allow customization, right?