X900 Colors Don't Match

Awgoalie164

So I got a custom set of Bauer Vapor X900’s but the sport gold colors don’t match. I talked to a rep from Bauer and he said it’s the way they different parts are on the pad. The base color sport gold seems lighter while the vapor logo looks more orange. They said this is because the base color is printed and the vapor logo is cut out and placed on. If you ordered a custom set like this how would you feel if the colors were different like this?

9C9A73EB-01B8-4B4D-8827-A6E124EA0F21.jpeg

12 hours ago, Awgoalie164 said:

So I got a custom set of Bauer Vapor X900’s but the sport gold colors don’t match. I talked to a rep from Bauer and he said it’s the way they different parts are on the pad. The base color sport gold seems lighter while the vapor logo looks more orange. They said this is because the base color is printed and the vapor logo is cut out and placed on. If you ordered a custom set like this how would you feel if the colors were different like this?

Um... white and gold? Dude, this set is clearly black and blue!

:rofl:

But seriously, I feel for ya, but can't really relate. I don't have anything custom; I have kids - and other parents will tell you that the latter most often precludes the former.

14 hours ago, Awgoalie164 said:

I know that Bauer has had major issues with printing, colours, and dents.  If this is not what you expected I would be pissed right off! It would be better to see it in person, I can't really tell how off the colors are, but if all the colors are the same on your set, and the logo at the bottom of the pad is off it should be alright.

5 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I know that Bauer has had major issues with printing, colours, and dents.  If this is not what you expected I would be pissed right off! It would be better to see it in person, I can't really tell how off the colors are, but if all the colors are the same on your set, and the logo at the bottom of the pad is off it should be alright.

I don't know if @Hills has retired after the Mod turnover... but he can share his story if he is back. I would complain hard to the store. If you're able to get this corrected, it will take awhile. 

@Awgoalie164 - Can you send a pic with different lighting? It kinda looks the same for me.

14 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

The colors all match I think, it's the Vapor logo at the bottom of the pad that may be brighter than the pad, glove, blocker colors that he's having an issue with.

That's exactly what it is. The 'Vapor' logo is almost Hills' set type of orange.

4 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Um... white and gold? Dude, this set is clearly black and blue!

:rofl:

But seriously, I feel for ya, but can't really relate. I don't have anything custom; I have kids - and other parents will tell you that the latter most often precludes the former.

Whatever but this isn’t the pro model so that’s what I originally thought until I saw a picture of a pro model and it has the same problem

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Ya. I’ve accepted it because you know it’s my first custom set and Bauer said it was sport gold so whatever make best with it and love what I have.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I don't know if @Hills has retired after the Mod turnover... but he can share his story if he is back. I would complain hard to the store. If you're able to get this corrected, it will take awhile. 

@Awgoalie164 - Can you send a pic with different lighting? It kinda looks the same for me.

Ya I can.

image.jpg

Personally I think it looks great, the logo is stitched that's why it looks more eye catching, ultimately it could be the same color, I think it is @Awgoalie164

It looks different because it pops out due to it being stitched, it's the same color.  I wouldn't worry about it, go to any hockey store I'm pretty sure it will look the same.

41 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Personally I think it looks great, the logo is stitched that's why it looks more eye catching, ultimately it could be the same color, I think it is @Awgoalie164

It looks different because it pops out due to it being stitched, it's the same color.  I wouldn't worry about it, go to any hockey store I'm pretty sure it will look the same.

True

11 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Where did you buy them? Have you inquired about the issue yet?

I bought them through Bauer directly so everything was on spec and I checked with the order sheet when I got them. To me it’s more about the performance than the looks but it’s always nice to fit in with your team. 

Congrats on the custom set. I just ordered my very first custom set late last year.

Sorry to hear about the colour differences, but once a bunch of puck marks hit these pads, you won't notice the difference as much which is nice. If you need the pads to get ready for the season, I say keep them and learn about the whole experience for your next custom set down the road. Chances are Bauer will have things figured out by then.

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I think that we get paranoid when we get custom gear, just like I did with my blocker @TheGoalNet your stuff looks pretty good from up here, I wouldn't worry about it.  The colors seem legit, but like I said, go to your local hockey store and see if you can match the pads with another pair and look at the coloring.

True

1 hour ago, creasecollector said:

Congrats on the custom set. I just ordered my very first custom set late last year.

Sorry to hear about the colour differences, but once a bunch of puck marks hit these pads, you won't notice the difference as much which is nice. If you need the pads to get ready for the season, I say keep them and learn about the whole experience for your next custom set down the road. Chances are Bauer will have things figured out by then.

True. Ya this was my first custom set and it was such a cool experience 

Archived