TheGoalNet

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Awesome. Great info 

never knew about the graphite. I've done a couple players sticks in the past and only used expoxy

It's funny- my first composite repair was on a disc wheel. That was what the engineers told me to use. 

I used epoxy powder as a reinforcement like using nano-carbon. No-it isn't QUITE nano carbon, but it does add more carbon to the layup. 

It has become somewhat of a go-to repair method for composite sticks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-04-27 at 7:44 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Remove all tape. Clean the blade with acetone. Buy household epoxy and powdered graphite. Mix a 50/50 mix of epoxy and graphite, spread it into the crack, then wrap the blade with electrical tape. Let it cure for two days. 

Ok I'll give it a try!

Im getting a new set of Eflex 3 stuff and am not sure if I should go with a pro palm on the glove or a game ready palm.

I'll only have about a month to break it in before my first game of the NCAA Div 3 season. I'll realistically only have the set for one season and then probably get a new set.

From your guys experience can pro palm be broken in in a month or is it over kill and would you guys recommend game ready based on my situation?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

Im getting a new set of Eflex 3 stuff and am not sure if I should go with a pro palm on the glove or a game ready palm.

I'll only have about a month to break it in before my first game of the NCAA Div 3 season. I'll realistically only have the set for one season and then probably get a new set.

From your guys experience can pro palm be broken in in a month or is it over kill and would you guys recommend game ready based on my situation?

from the articles I've seen they say with the layer of D30 foam in the palm you don't need the pro palm. Also game ready will be broken in in a couple practices.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

You always could have Dennis Dombrowski re-work the glove. Whilst not completely broken in, it will close easily. Just a thought.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

If you have an old glove with a pro / practice palm and have any issues with stingers with the new glove, you could use the older model as a practice glove and the new one as a game glove. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spoke with someone at goalie monkey over the weekend. And they said there will be a new Koho pad. Launching later this summer. Any one else heard anything? 

I put it here because it will be a rebranded CCM pad with different graphics 

Edited by Mike24
  • Like 1

That sounds interesting

1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

I spoke with someone at goalie monkey over the weekend. And they said there will be a new Koho pad. Launching later this summer. Any one else heard anything? 

I put it here because it will be a rebranded CCM pad with different graphics 

That sounds interesting, I hope they really will be. I asked Jonas Hiller via twitter some time ago about his setup for this year and he told me, that it is still the same model (Revolution 589) only branded CCM. So I tought KOHO brand is done for a while, but it looks there is new hope...

hills_orig.jpg

On 6/21/2017 at 9:45 AM, mik said:

That sounds interesting

That sounds interesting, I hope they really will be. I asked Jonas Hiller via twitter some time ago about his setup for this year and he told me, that it is still the same model (Revolution 589) only branded CCM. So I tought KOHO brand is done for a while, but it looks there is new hope...

It could easily be that the Koho brand is not licensed in Europe now and is still licensed in North America. That actually happens a LOT.

20 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

It could easily be that the Koho brand is not licensed in Europe now and is still licensed in North America. That actually happens a LOT.

I think it was because his team had a CCM gear contract.

7 hours ago, Mike24 said:

I was told he believes it will be based off the EF3. But I had heard before there might be a flat faced Koho pad. 

There are pictures out there, they were flat faced with a graphic similar to the famous k graphic. 

• Like 1