Jump to content
SaveByRichter35

Brown Chest Protector Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, sebastiancp1 said:

My progression of Browns ...

That last pic of your black chestie is sexy AF... first I've seen John do... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cwarnar said:

That last pic of your black chestie is sexy AF... first I've seen John do... 

Thank you!  Yeah I love that thing so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 9:33 AM, sebastiancp1 said:

"My progression of Browns ..."

Your pics are a great example of the evolution of the Brown CA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old 1800
1zbgzsi.jpg

John's shop picture of my current 2200.  The chest plate was supposed to be royal blue to match my old c/a.  

ao8aa1.jpg

2hs53zk.jpg
Back plate loop for carabiner, which has since been removed and changed to a different means of connecting my c/a to my goal pants.
ldyq8.jpg
Dip in backplate neckline. Its barely noticeable here, not the most thought out picture, apologies.
3477gra.jpg
"Lundqvist" mod. I really wanted this to be a bit more pronounced of an angle but it still works just fine.
2gt6z54.jpg
2cmvuhs.jpg
Left current 1800, right new 2200
33ysuvp.jpg

Mod list for the 2200

-Lower half of the split chest plate, attached slightly lower then what I see most getting so it sits a little more centered on the chest.
-Segmented shoulder floaters
-Dip at the top of the backplate.  I hate how the top of my 1800 poked out the back of my jersey and can sometimes feel it hit the backplate of my mask.
-Lundqvist mod for my suspenders.  I like to wear them over the chest but I don't tuck the belly.  As it is now, I feed the suspenders through the gap between the chest pad and the side rib pads.  He angled the bottom tips of the side wings down and away so it forms a slightly bigger gap for the suspenders.
-Loop on the backplate to attach my carabiner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just sent them an email checking on a custom 2000 unit, I'm old and short so I need any extra flaps or ridges I can get to stop pucks. lol

Anyone have any recommendations for c/a mods if any?

Also checked on revisiting my old 287 pads as a custom option.

I had to take a break off the ice and sometimes some new equipment makes the transition easier. (Plus my current Brown 2000 is beat up badly) I am now on blood thinners, so bruising is a concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2017 at 9:37 PM, Mike24 said:

I'd love to pick up a used one.  (Anyone) I'm 5'7" 155

I'm contemplating selling my 1800.  If I do I'll let you know.  Its a medium so it should fit you perfectly.

12 hours ago, chunkinstien said:

Just sent them an email checking on a custom 2000 unit, I'm old and short so I need any extra flaps or ridges I can get to stop pucks. lol

Anyone have any recommendations for c/a mods if any?

Also checked on revisiting my old 287 pads as a custom option.

I had to take a break off the ice and sometimes some new equipment makes the transition easier. (Plus my current Brown 2000 is beat up badly) I am now on blood thinners, so bruising is a concern.

I would suggest the segmented shoulder floaters because I love mine, but, if you're going to build a 2000 with the ridges on the floaters then I don't know if they can do segmented shoulder floaters.  Other than that I would ask for the top of the back plate to have a dip in it so it doesn't ride up and interfere with the back of your mask.  It sometimes happened in my 1800.  It wasn't often but when it did it was annoying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm contemplating selling my 1800.  If I do I'll let you know.  Its a medium so it should fit you perfectly.

.

Ok great let me know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John got back to me, they can do the segmented floaters on the 2000, so may try that out for sure. My current used 2000 medium fits terrible, so having all the measurements done will ensure a solid fit I hope. Can't believe I've tried all of John's gear except a custom c/a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, chunkinstien said:

John got back to me, they can do the segmented floaters on the 2000, so may try that out for sure. My current used 2000 medium fits terrible, so having all the measurements done will ensure a solid fit I hope. Can't believe I've tried all of John's gear except a custom c/a.

Nice!  I love the segmented floaters.  Keeps everything nice and flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2017 at 8:31 AM, sebastiancp1 said:

Thank you!  Yeah I love that thing so much.

How well can you bend your arms in those if the elbow floaters are all one solid block with no splits? Can you touch opposite ears?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 12:50 AM, netminder said:

How well can you bend your arms in those if the elbow floaters are all one solid block with no splits? Can you touch opposite ears?

I've never tried to touch my opposite ear, but in my experience the "Brown arms aren't flexible" thing isn't actually true.  I put my mask up multiple times a game for water with no issues whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 12:50 AM, netminder said:

How well can you bend your arms in those if the elbow floaters are all one solid block with no splits? Can you touch opposite ears?

5 minutes ago, sebastiancp1 said:

I've never tried to touch my opposite ear, but in my experience the "Brown arms aren't flexible" thing isn't actually true.  I put my mask up multiple times a game for water with no issues whatsoever.

Like every other piece of gear, it needs to be broken in.  My Brown was a little stiff at first and then settled in.  I do agree though that the Brown arm floaters could be designed a little better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Like every other piece of gear, it needs to be broken in.  My Brown was a little stiff at first and then settled in.  I do agree though that the Brown arm floaters could be designed a little better.

Yeah, that's a fair description.  I also wear the arms loose-ish so was never too much of an issue for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up this unit for $40 CAD, really happy with the deal.  All elastics and straps still in great condition.

BrownNew.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in SaveByRichter35’s old 1800. As seen in the pics above. Used it today for the first time today and it’s awesome.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mike24 said:

I’m in SaveByRichter35’s old 1800. As seen in the pics above. Used it today for the first time today and it’s awesome.  

Glad you liked it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Happy to have found an "active" goalie forum. Long overdue since GSBB has gone silent and I find Facebook useless as an information source.

My question: How long did it take you guys before you feel good in a new Brown chest ?

I bought a Brown 2400 and have used it for 6 months when I play pickup to "break it in". I would say I might have 20 to 24 hours in it max.

I still don't feel comfortable in it, it just feels like the plastic parts are too stiff/bulky and hinder my movement, especially the shoulder floaters (I did ask for 2 inch wider and removable shoulder lifts that I don't use anymore, don't like added height). I did have a super hot shower in it(read that it helped) played around with strapping, etc.. still I just feel like I don't like that chest and might have to sell it ? 

I do find it hot so I might remove built in neck collar to help in air flow. I might also remove the extra chest pieces to help reducing bulkiness.

Any help/tips would be appreciated.

brown2400.jpg

Edited by und3rd06
added info & pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...