The Deals and Steals Thread

ZeroGravitas

On 8/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Just got an e-mail from TheHockeyShop.com - Save 20 to 50% off.

Looks like no coupon codes are necessary. Prices are all in CAD so I'm not sure how good the deals are. They seem to have a lot of stuff, though!

Good hunting!

Very bottom has these Gustavsson pro return Warrior G2s.

That knee strap setup is a little wacky

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/products/warrior-ritual-g2-pro-stock-senior-goalie-full-set-filip-gustavsson

• 3 weeks later...

GoalieMonkey.com is having a Labor Day Sale - 20% off Clearance Items.

Use code LABORDAY20.

Pickings seem pretty slim - lots of Warrior gear though..

---------------------

PureGoalie.com is also having a Labor Day Sale - 20% off Clearance Items.

Use code LDWSAVE20.

Very slim pickings - limited to some old Step Steel, Vapor 2X-family goale skates and some random items.

Good hunting!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 9:21 PM, Chenner29 said:

Very bottom has these Gustavsson pro return Warrior G2s.

That knee strap setup is a little wacky

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/products/warrior-ritual-g2-pro-stock-senior-goalie-full-set-filip-gustavsson

That's basically the stock setup on the G2s minus the Velcro to pull the thighrise down.  You had to buy the leather strap kit, but you could do this.  I seem recall the NHL forcing the new G2 wearers to add the leather strap at the knee.  Crazy as it's normal now, but I think this was innovative.  You can bring the crappy thin knee elastic down to the calf and remove the flap.  Which I did (and used one flap on my c/a).  Once the knee elastic had worn out and deciding to get replacements, I instead added Kennesky professor straps and removed the knee elastic altogether.  Works well. 

Sorry this is not a deal or steal (except for your life-time) and I appreciate all of you that add useful information to this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Goalie Monkey's Black Friday sales begins now.

Valid now through Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - take an additional 25% off all clearance items with promotional code BLKFRDY25.

Goalie protective is pretty much limited to Warrior. No masks available, just cages.

Yeah, pretty slim pickings, unless you want a good deal on some V1 or M1 sticks.

19 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Black November has started at Pure Goalie.

25% off clearance items using code BLKNV25.

Again, slim pickings on gear. But there is a ton of apparel that qualifies for 25% off.

Thanks for the head's up - I picked up a couple of the cut resistant base layers and used the rewards points I had in my account that I had forgotten about :) Nothing like "free" stuff!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Theragun is having a holiday sale. Devices have been marked down at Pure Hockey and Goalie Monkey (and presumably other non-hockey retailers).

Theragun.png.ab76e2324bad43e43a0fc01c51376de5.png

However, if you're looking at the Pro unit, think about getting it direct from Theragun. The top-end Pro product includes a free device replacement plan. I don't know much about it, so go read it up on it.

Good hunting!

EDIT: Picture above came from a Pure Hockey e-mail. No idea when the Monkey and Theragun sales will end.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

13 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Theragun is having a holiday sale. Devices have been marked down at Pure Hockey and Goalie Monkey (and presumably other non-hockey retailers).

However, if you're looking at the Pro unit, think about getting it direct from Theragun. The top-end Pro product includes a free device replacement plan. I don't know much about it, so go read it up on it.

Good hunting!

EDIT: Picture above came from a Pure Hockey e-mail. No idea when the Monkey and Theragun sales will end.

We have an Elite, love it.  FYI if you’re in the states Target has it for the same price plus 5% off with a Redcard.

On 12/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Good hunting!

Theragun sale at Pure has been extended to 1/7/2023.

Monkey is doing an "After Christmas" sale until Jan 7, 2023.

It claims no coupon codes are needed.

But you can combine some (maybe all?) items with HOLIDAY25 to take additional 25% off.

Tested with Vaughn SLR2 Pro Carbon leg pads, showing up at $1049.98 before HOLIDAY25, which would bring it down to $787.48 USD.

Also tested with Brians GNetik 4 leg pads, showing up at $1154.98 before HOLIDAY25, which would bring it down to $866.23 USD.

YMMV, good hutning!

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, ZeroGravitas said:

Monkey is doing an "After Christmas" sale until Jan 7, 2023.

It claims no coupon codes are needed.

But you can combine some (maybe all?) items with HOLIDAY25 to take additional 25% off.

Tested with Vaughn SLR2 Pro Carbon leg pads, showing up at $1049.98 before HOLIDAY25, which would bring it down to $787.48 USD.

Also tested with Brians GNetik 4 leg pads, showing up at $1154.98 before HOLIDAY25, which would bring it down to $866.23 USD.

YMMV, good hutning!

HOLIDAY25 has expired.

Use HOLIDAZE20 for 20% off instead. Seems to work with the above items just like the 25% off code did.

Good until December 31, 2022.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Goalie Monkey is having a Spring Cleaning sale.

No coupon code needed. Prices good until 3/28/2023.

Not a lot of gear here. Mostly Warrior sticks and Warrior leg pads + apparel and jerseys. No catchers, blockers or skates from any brand.

Stick prices seem to be kinda meh - Warrior V1 Pro+ was down to approx. $176/stick during their 2022 4th of July sale and Black Friday sale. Currently $199.

The big draw here seems to be the handful of Adidas AdiZero Authentic jerseys, which are running 50% off. None of them appear to be goalie cut, however.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...