The Deals and Steals Thread

ZeroGravitas

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Just looked them up bag looks really nice but is $100 bucks more than the passau. Are they having a sale or something I’m not seeing? 

pacific ring bag is so expensive i dont know why ! look at jrz bag they do maybe 70% of nhl team its pretty resistant 

7 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Just looked them up bag looks really nice but is $100 bucks more than the passau. Are they having a sale or something I’m not seeing? 

Their site pops up with cost to buy in CA as $312 + $72 duty and tax – so close to $400 CDN before shipping. For that much they better be sending someone to carry it to and from the rink...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loki1416 said:

Not sure of any sales, but I bought a Vaughn wheeled bag about 5yrs ago and I'm still using it. Nothing wrong with it, no repairs needed/done. Paid about $150 for it.

Wow - had the exact opposite experience. Paid $175 CDN for my Vaughn wheeled bag 7 years ago. Front edge of the bottom (below the handle) ripped out in less than two seasons. I do not overfill my bag and always lower it out of the truck - no dropping or flopping down steps. Actually paid more for that bag as I wanted something that would last. Won't ever buy another Vaughn bag.

13 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

image.thumb.png.03ef8c215fcb59e74550960a7787e89d.png

This was the banner on their home page...

My Passau bag had two seams pop within the first month - one shoulder strap and the other on the center connecting strap

On 11/27/2020 at 9:50 AM, loki1416 said:

Not sure of any sales, but I bought a Vaughn wheeled bag about 5yrs ago and I'm still using it. Nothing wrong with it, no repairs needed/done. Paid about $150 for it.

Nothing wrong with it? You said it has wheels, right? 

Just sayin'

(this is a lame attempt at the tired old joke about wheeled bags)

• 4 months later...

Monkey has another Brick Wall Special https://www.goaliemonkey.com/brick-wall-specials

Quick overview:

They have Bauer 1X Pro skates at $329 in a variety of SR sizes.

They seem to have a handful of Vaughn V8 Pro Carbon leg pads in a variety of sizes at $939.

They seem to have a bunch of Warrior RGT Pro leg pads in a variety of sizes at $639.

Plus a bunch of intermediate Warrior GT catcher/blockers.

• Like 1