Cage Skinz

8 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Do you heat that up to get out the bubbles? Is it permanent or temporary? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

No, I did not use heat at all. It is both!

It's meant to be somewhat temporary when NHL guys get traded, but there's no reason it cannot last if you didn't take it off. The Vinyl is very heavy duty.

It's literally the same concept as Pad Skinz. Could be temporary or could be left in place.

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

No, I did not use heat at all. It is both!

It's meant to be somewhat temporary when NHL guys get traded, but there's no reason it cannot last if you didn't take it off. The Vinyl is very heavy duty.

It's literally the same concept as Pad Skinz. Could be temporary or could be left in place.

You didn't answer whether or not it was African or European. Pretty sure you lose points on that one. 

Glad this thread popped up. I was looking at ways to design my flat white mask to match my new pad purchase. Painting companies were looking for $600+ to paint it black and add a few green lines (ridiculous).

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You didn't answer whether or not it was African or European. Pretty sure you lose points on that one. 

Glad this thread popped up. I was looking at ways to design my flat white mask to match my new pad purchase. Painting companies were looking for $600+ to paint it black and add a few green lines (ridiculous).

For the green lines... head to Ukrainian Tire and get some Pin Striping tape for cars.  It works really well for adding a few lines.

27 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Thanks. I don't need to add too much to my mask, just small details.

You could buy a pinstriping kit, paint your lid with bedliner sauce, get out your pinstriping kit with your HOK lime green, then charge others to duplicate your handiwork. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If he would have asked, I would have been cast into the gorge, as I don’t know!

My opinion of course, but I don't understand the appeal of this product.

There's other companies that are doing better versions of vinyl decals at literally half the cost, and you aren't limited to one template (Custom Cages). 

Assuming "custom" is more than the $99.99 CAD listed for a stock USA/CA kit on their site, a full custom wrap can be had from JF Aumais for $180 CAD.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:33 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Contact Derrick Gilders at Gilders Designs. His basic paint jobs cost around 300-400$

45 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Appreciate it but I'm not looking to ship my mask to get painted. I'll probably be a cheap ass and just do the vinyl route.

gotcha. I dont blame you, if i was to get my mask designed id go the vinyl decal route as well

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, TheGoalNet said:

E2B6DEEF-F204-4242-85E3-035ECDB1A431.png

Love the jersey from the Goalie Crease.  Rod Laforme drew that logo and gave me (and my son) a hat with the logo on one of my trips to the store many years ago.  I miss that guy a lot.  He was a great guy who was the definition of customer service.

9 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

Love the jersey from the Goalie Crease.  Rod Laforme drew that logo and gave me (and my son) a hat with the logo on one of my trips to the store many years ago.  I miss that guy a lot.  He was a great guy who was the definition of customer service.

I knew Rod for a long time. He is dearly missed in the industry big time. Was always a treat to order new gear through or just go there and talk gear with him.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:36 PM, motowngoalie said:

My opinion of course, but I don't understand the appeal of this product.

There's other companies that are doing better versions of vinyl decals at literally half the cost, and you aren't limited to one template (Custom Cages). 

Assuming "custom" is more than the $99.99 CAD listed for a stock USA/CA kit on their site, a full custom wrap can be had from JF Aumais for $180 CAD.

The reason Custom Cages is so cheap is that the print quality is garbage, and the material quality is even worse garbage. I've had two Custom Cages kits installed by a sign shop in town, and even they can't get it looking smooth and neat. The print is low resolution and fades easily. The material on Cage Skinz is nice, with air channels to help getting rid of bubbles easily and it also more elastic to let you stretch it over the awkward curves on a goalie mask. For $40 more than Custom Cages, you're getting a much nicer looking, easier to install, and more durable finished product.

19 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

The reason Custom Cages is so cheap is that the print quality is garbage, and the material quality is even worse garbage. I've had two Custom Cages kits installed by a sign shop in town, and even they can't get it looking smooth and neat. The print is low resolution and fades easily. The material on Cage Skinz is nice, with air channels to help getting rid of bubbles easily and it also more elastic to let you stretch it over the awkward curves on a goalie mask. For $40 more than Custom Cages, you're getting a much nicer looking, easier to install, and more durable finished product.

I definitely noticed how easily small bubbles disappeared. This material is top notch. 

• 10 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 12:06 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

Thanks for this!  I want to make sure it looks great and stays great for as long as possible.

I am planning on getting a skin for my Protechsport mask that's coming in 10 months.

Check out my design!!  I used three of my sister's paintings to make it.  So stoked!!!

1807164926_goaliemask-2.thumb.jpg.630ada140ecf14d3ac1670fe9a2f1936.jpg

8 hours ago, OceanMon said:

Thanks for this!  I want to make sure it looks great and stays great for as long as possible.

I am planning on getting a skin for my Protechsport mask that's coming in 10 months.

Check out my design!!  I used three of my sister's paintings to make it.  So stoked!!!

1807164926_goaliemask-2.thumb.jpg.630ada140ecf14d3ac1670fe9a2f1936.jpg

Sweet design! I had Michel from Protechsport ship my mask to JF Aumais to wrap after he completed it. It worked great as they're both in the Montreal area.

20190205_163527-COLLAGE.jpg

Archived