TGN Spec x Pro Laces

Used my TGN spec Pro Laces for the first time last night and I have to say I was super impressed. 

It was reassuring to know there is no metal on these whatsoever.  These are a bit tighter than the bungees I had before so they required a bit more pull to get them secured on my skate, but the benefit of that on the ice was great with my pads returning back to neutral every time after rising off of my knees.  The previous ones I had would not snap back quite like these do.

Super impressed with these Pro Laces.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:31 PM, seagoal said:

Used my TGN spec Pro Laces for the first time last night and I have to say I was super impressed. 

It was reassuring to know there is no metal on these whatsoever.  These are a bit tighter than the bungees I had before so they required a bit more pull to get them secured on my skate, but the benefit of that on the ice was great with my pads returning back to neutral every time after rising off of my knees.  The previous ones I had would not snap back quite like these do.

Super impressed with these Pro Laces.

Glad you're digging these! So with these new bungees on your pads, do you find you're putting your boot strap looser or tighter...?

:P

(Just kidding; I know your stance on boots straps and bungees (and leather - oh my!) but couldn't resist the opportunity for some smart-assedness)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Glad you're digging these! So with these new bungees on your pads, do you find you're putting your boot strap looser or tighter...?

:P

(Just kidding; I know your stance on boots straps and bungees (and leather - oh my!) but couldn't resist the opportunity for some smart-assedness)

I got a good LOL :)

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Just ordered mine! White with Royal Blue velcro. Interested to try these out as i've never used elastic toe ties before, just lace. Figured I'd give them a go since everyone is saying such great things about these Pro Laces.

You very much will not be sorry

So I am going to be ordering a set of these to keep on hand in case I ever decide to play some roller hockey again.  I played strictly roller up until moving to ice back in 2011.  I never used toe ties up until 2009-10ish, I guess, when I got my first set of Vaughn gear.  In order use ties without interfering with my front wheel I removed the toe bridge entirely and ran the toe ties through the holes in the pad where the toe bridge was connected.  Of course the pictures I posted on the GSBB waaayyyyyy back when are no longer working.  Anyways, I tied a few knots in the laces in order to keep them from in place and to prevent them from interfering with the front wheel of my skates.  It worked perfectly.  I love my stock Pro Laces but they'd never work for inline skates.  I am thinking I can probably get these setup similarly to how I ran my toe ties years ago.  The 25% off code makes it a no brainer for me as well.

edit - or not...its telling me I "cannot use this voucher with these products".  I'll hold off on ordering these until this gets straightened out.

58 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So I am going to be ordering a set of these to keep on hand in case I ever decide to play some roller hockey again.  I played strictly roller up until moving to ice back in 2011.  I never used toe ties up until 2009-10ish, I guess, when I got my first set of Vaughn gear.  In order use ties without interfering with my front wheel I removed the toe bridge entirely and ran the toe ties through the holes in the pad where the toe bridge was connected.  Of course the pictures I posted on the GSBB waaayyyyyy back when are no longer working.  Anyways, I tied a few knots in the laces in order to keep them from in place and to prevent them from interfering with the front wheel of my skates.  It worked perfectly.  I love my stock Pro Laces but they'd never work for inline skates.  I am thinking I can probably get these setup similarly to how I ran my toe ties years ago.  The 25% off code makes it a no brainer for me as well.

edit - or not...its telling me I "cannot use this voucher with these products".  I'll hold off on ordering these until this gets straightened out.

I had the same issue at the start of the sale.  Message Michel direct.  He'll fix the code

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...