TGN Spec x Pro Laces

On 2/10/2020 at 9:56 AM, Chester said:

Im going to ask a dumb question here.  Where's the toe bridge?

My first pair of ProLaces came with a toe bridge that i screwed in. The hybrids dont seem to come with one. Whats the rationale?

I like the way the first pair interacted with the toe of my skate. My original pair, one elastic snapped after 1 1/2 yrs of use. The toe bridge is also showing significant wear, so when i ordered i assumed a replacement toe bridge came in the packaging. 

Cheers.

The @TheGoalNet spec do not utilize the extra bridge like the standard versions do.  This one is meant to be tied onto the stock toe bridge with lacing.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

How would you put the tgn spec pro laces on the new Vaughn toe bridges?

You change them out for a traditional one piece bridge.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

After using the tgn pro laces for about a year (or however long they’ve been out) I am going back to toe ties. I feel like the bungees make it very difficult to get a good push off the post because I go toe on post and bungees are too loose. I might go back to them I might not.

image.jpg

I am confused, the elastic piece is too long and loose for you? What size skates are you?

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am confused, the elastic piece is too long and loose for you? What size skates are you?

Guessing here, but...

If you are on the post in the RVH and push off, the elastic cord lets out and expands....a lot.  If you go top of toe box into post, you just end up digging your skate into the netting and going nowhere.

With the skate lace, you are restricted to how much slack you put in.  Because the lace doesn't expand as much as the elastic tie, you can get a better push

On 12/22/2020 at 11:24 AM, TheGoalNet said:

On 12/22/2020 at 12:14 PM, Chenner29 said:

Guessing here, but...

If you are on the post in the RVH and push off, the elastic cord lets out and expands....a lot.  If you go top of toe box into post, you just end up digging your skate into the netting and going nowhere.

With the skate lace, you are restricted to how much slack you put in.  Because the lace doesn't expand as much as the elastic tie, you can get a better push

Chenner is on the money

• 3 months later...

Just want to let anyone know who is curious, I asked and was able to get a Trav Spec X TGN Spec made for me, as my True 1 piece made the elastic WAY too tight on my original TGn specs (using the middle hole of the skate) so I asked to combine with Trav Spec (longer elastic) and it works great now. 

6 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

Just want to let anyone know who is curious, I asked and was able to get a Trav Spec X TGN Spec made for me, as my True 1 piece made the elastic WAY too tight on my original TGn specs (using the middle hole of the skate) so I asked to combine with Trav Spec (longer elastic) and it works great now. 

Size 8 skate here, found even the Trav spec too tight at the toes.  I tweaked my ankle quite a bit on these.

I just ordered another pair with Trav spec +2 inches

On 4/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, Chenner29 said:

Size 8 skate here, found even the Trav spec too tight at the toes.  I tweaked my ankle quite a bit on these.

I just ordered another pair with Trav spec +2 inches

for my size 10-11ish trues, the trav spec is perfect length for the rear hole of the 1 piece skate. the regular ones were so tight it was stressing my ankle like crazy

i wanted to retain the TGN attachment because I have a set of Holtby pads with toe caps, and there is no toe bridge to use the regular Prolace attachment. 

14 minutes ago, seagoal said:

A delivery from Quebec today.  These things are so damn impressive in how they look and feel.  Can not wait install them on my brand spanking new V9s.

20210416_172306.jpg

Enjoy that type of setup. I installed them on my CCM's last year and I love them! These were my first elastic toe ties ever.

Just now, creasecollector said:

Enjoy that type of setup. I installed them on my CCM's last year and I love them! These were my first elastic toe ties ever.

Thanks man and same for me.  I was a skate lace + slack knots goalie forever.  Hanging out on here so much, I caved to peer pressure and bought Pro Laces.  Loved them immediately.

This is my second set.  I've not used any bungees other than these. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, seagoal said:

Thanks man and same for me.  I was a skate lace + slack knots goalie forever.  Hanging out on here so much, I caved to peer pressure and bought Pro Laces.  Loved them immediately.

This is my second set.  I've not used any bungees other than these. 

Awesome, glad to hear you're on your second set. 

I was a skate lace toe tie guy forever as well, so no worries there. There are also a TON of NHL guys who still use skate lace, which kinda surprises me since their gear has (at least, on the surface) change a lot since the start of their careers. 

25 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

I was a skate lace toe tie guy forever as well, so no worries there. There are also a TON of NHL guys who still use skate lace, which kinda surprises me since their gear has (at least, on the surface) change a lot since the start of their careers. 

Haha, yep. MANY leather straps in the NHL that do nothing at all, too ;)

2 hours ago, creasecollector said:

The elastic is counter-intuitive to pushing off with the inside of the toe box in the RVH

10 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

The elastic is counter-intuitive to pushing off with the inside of the toe box in the RVH

because the most productive option for RVH is bridge and lace support, not skate toe. in this case, you will never miss the puck between the pad and the bar. when pushed from this position, the elastic laces absorb all the energy of the push. that's why pros prefer regular laces

Archived