TGN Spec x Pro Laces

While communicating with @wox33 on another thread earlier this week, I hinted at not being fully neutral about toe ties anymore!

One of the best parts about starting TGN has been the connections made with other people who love the game as much as I do, are gear nuts, and/or just great people. Michel from Pro Laces checks all those boxes. I’m very pleased to announce that we collaborated to create a TGN Spec X Pro Laces and the promo code “TGN” saves $5 with every purchase on Prolaces.ca . This version of Pro Laces was designed to accomplish 4 things compared to the other models: 1. Length adjustability: Tie the skate lace into the bridge tightly for responsiveness or loosely to more mimic a traditional skate lace slack. 2. Easy install: No screws or toe bridges to worry about 3. Protect your skates: no scratches or dents on your skates from the screws. 4. best possible range of motion. Compare these features with my traditional Pro Laces on my P2 pads with the gold binding.
Hopefully everyone enjoys this model and it was amazing to work with Pro Laces on this

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Bought a pair to try. I will be trying them in a public session, as I am not going to be playing for another 6-8 weeks.

Awesome! Please post your thoughts. I hope they work out well.

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

Awesome! Please post your thoughts. I hope they work out well.

They are back ordered, but I have a feeling that since this could be custom, then they will be done in a few days.

With my black Pooper pads, do I qualify as a member of the #solidcolouredpadscrew? 

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

They are back ordered, but I have a feeling that since this could be custom, then they will be done in a few days.

With my black Pooper pads, do I qualify as a member of the #solidcolouredpadscrew? 

The Pooper's qualify. And I just got a few DMs about the Pro Laces being back ordered already. Disappointed to hear that, but it's kinda cool at the same time. Michel is the man and will get everyone taken care of.

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

The Pooper's qualify. And I just got a few DMs about the Pro Laces being back ordered already. Disappointed to hear that, but it's kinda cool at the same time. Michel is the man and will get everyone taken care of.

The big question: even though it says all options are ignored when selecting TGN spec, yet it asked for lace length. This doesn’t make it tough for me to get these good and tight, right? 

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

The big question: even though it says all options are ignored when selecting TGN spec, yet it asked for lace length. This doesn’t make it tough for me to get these good and tight, right? 

All of my Pro Laces have been the same length. I order over DM with Michel and have not used the website. Please email or DM him on IG with any questions.

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

All of my Pro Laces have been the same length. I order over DM with Michel and have not used the website. Please email or DM him on IG with any questions.

That’s what I thought, and it sounds like some sort of glitch on the order page, but again- it says if you pick the TGN spec, all options are null. No more questions, as there will be plenty that will be answered once I throw them bad boys on my black Poopers.

For someone like me who has never used ProLaces (or any other of their various iterations), could you explain to me how these differ from the standard "bungee toe tie" like the one that is on the Eflex4? They are wrapped in skate lace, but other than that, what makes them better performing/more comfortable/etc.?

1 hour ago, Peter36 said:

@TheGoalNet Do they come with the TGN logo on them? What is the benefit of these vs standard pro laces?

I don't actually know if they come with the TGN logo 🤣, DM Pro Laces for that. Please see the original post, I highlighted the 4 design goals. Aside from that, they are cheaper. $25 CAD with the promo code.

I ordered a pair because my warrior elastic toe ties (which I love) finally broke irreparably during my game last night. They were "in stock" for me, but I did get some custom colors/name on them, so we'll see when they ship. Michel was very responsive to an email I sent him correcting my shipping address, so that is good to know.

I keep getting an error that says "The product options are invalid. Please select other options." I'm currently doing White for all of my colors and TGN spec for the tie length and attachment style. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

17 minutes ago, heyclaytay said:

I keep getting an error that says "The product options are invalid. Please select other options." I'm currently doing White for all of my colors and TGN spec for the tie length and attachment style. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I would email or DM Pro Laces on IG with any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a set of these to try. Does it come with the lace to tie the pro laces on as well?

I love the fact that the TGN spec ones are 1/2 the price as the other ones. Nice bonus. 

Just now, 1C5 said:

I just ordered a set of these to try. Does it come with the lace to tie the pro laces on as well?

I love the fact that the TGN spec ones are 1/2 the price as the other ones. Nice bonus. 

Yes. I got mine Saturday and will install them soon. Great product!

On 5/22/2019 at 6:05 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

Got my “whiteout” pair. I really like how this design allows for slack in the attachment lace, which I plan to set up with extra knots. Looking forward to trying them out. 

03386C95-D8D5-4B4C-9784-C709E488ED04.thumb.jpeg.7673f1d26aca2f1a130752734df70ee9.jpeg

Nice, I went all black on my set. Can you share pics of how you tied the skate lace piece to the toe block and bungee? Here's what I ended up doing on mine last night. I haven't tried on the ice yet but the set up felt really good last night when I tried it on in the house. The old bungees I had that came with my pads were really taught all the time so there was not a lot of give down in the butterfly. Excited to give these a spin soon.

66970688-A6C8-4073-B6BD-9791D8B9BAC8.jpeg

83FD2FF9-36B9-4637-B11E-C46803C50079.jpeg

081F821F-96C8-4562-8FF0-804CF8C58FB6.jpeg

764430BF-3DD9-43DC-A737-28D90CB40EAA.jpeg

2 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Nice, I went all black on my set. Can you share pics of how you tied the skate lace piece to the toe block and bungee? Here's what I ended up doing on mine last night. I haven't tried on the ice yet but the set up felt really good last night when I tried it on in the house. The old bungees I had that came with my pads were really taught all the time so there was not a lot of give down in the butterfly. Excited to give these a spin soon.

66970688-A6C8-4073-B6BD-9791D8B9BAC8.jpeg

83FD2FF9-36B9-4637-B11E-C46803C50079.jpeg

081F821F-96C8-4562-8FF0-804CF8C58FB6.jpeg

764430BF-3DD9-43DC-A737-28D90CB40EAA.jpeg

Those are "backward". You should make a U by threading the skate lace through the attachment point on the bungee. The lace will tie on the front side of the bridge.

Archived