Sign in to follow this  
TheGoalNet

Bauer NG Knee Pads or Base Layer

On 7/3/2019 at 11:10 PM, TheGoalNet said:

The blue background ones? It’s my understanding they only have the yellow. 

Pics? What store?

I just looked up the NG knee guards and peranis had the blue ones that you posted about first

11 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, unfortunately unavailable 

I can’t find those blue ones anywhere

1 hour ago, Peter36 said:

I can’t find those blue ones anywhere

Same, don't think their available anywhere

On 7/2/2019 at 3:07 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I ended up buying these and turning them so they sit on the inside of my knee and not in the front. I pulled my base layer of these. Then I put my knee guards over the base layer, worked fantastic.

https://www.mcdavidusa.com/collections/hex/products/hex-leg-sleeves-pair

How have you been liking these over the past week or so?  The knee wraps in my Vaughns have really reduced to almost nothing.  Thinking I might try these and turn them sideways as you did.  

Do these sleeves give enough protection that you could go without knee pads? What’s the padded material made of?

the only negative with knee pads is that they get bulky and keep your leg pad from rotating 

1 hour ago, RyanR3KC said:

Do these sleeves give enough protection that you could go without knee pads? What’s the padded material made of?

the only negative with knee pads is that they get bulky and keep your leg pad from rotating 

I personally only wear gform ones because I can’t stand normal knee pads. You would probably still fell a shot if it hit you there, but tbh if you just close your five hole you most likely will never get hit there hard enough for it to do any serious damage.

Posted (edited)

I wear these with warrior kneepads.  I had a minor malfunction with the knee flap and the puck found the hole and hit the gform.  It hurt and the gform has a permanent reminder mark from that shot.  Imo being 36 I just appreciate the extra cushioning they provide on landing and I'm perfectly happy with the coverage the regular gform provides. While that additional inner knee padding looks nice, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me to eventually buy the regular gform again.

20190817_211119.jpg

Edited by dreadlocked1
adding to padding

On 7/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I am most interested on the inner knee landing area padding. This version is lacking there.

Simply for the sake of clarity on this thread... the image I originally posted of the Bauer Elite Knee Pads has the sleeves reversed... so this version does have inner knee padding and does not have outer knee padding...

CORRECT: ✔️

image.png.2acba0cd28a34d77f0faf11e633d384c.png

WRONG: 

image.png.e49942b6a7309a47aaa03e8eaf250dca.png

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 12:24 PM, Peter36 said:

I personally only wear gform ones because I can’t stand normal knee pads. You would probably still fell a shot if it hit you there, but tbh if you just close your five hole you most likely will never get hit there hard enough for it to do any serious damage.

I thought the same thing until I actually got hit there. Weird stuff happens sometimes. I was in RVH on the post because the puck was behind the net, a pass goes out front for a one timer and I took that square in the knee. I was out for a couple weeks and could barely stand. I have since upgraded to Warrior X2 Pro knee pads. Don't risk it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I thought the same thing until I actually got hit there. Weird stuff happens sometimes. I was in RVH on the post because the puck was behind the net, a pass goes out front for a one timer and I took that square in the knee. I was out for a couple weeks and could barely stand. I have since upgraded to Warrior X2 Pro knee pads. Don't risk it.

Agreed... it's the short pass one timer or redirect that usually catches you on a knee. Don't get me wrong... when I was younger I didn't wear knee pads... but we also not only had straps on the top of our pads... but we kept them tight and they wrapped around the knee. (I'm sure most anyone could find a better picture to illustrate this than the one I posted below.)

Image result for felix potvin

On 10/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Simply for the sake of clarity on this thread... the image I originally posted of the Bauer Elite Knee Pads has the sleeves reversed... so this version does have inner knee padding and does not have outer knee padding...

CORRECT: ✔️

image.png.2acba0cd28a34d77f0faf11e633d384c.png

WRONG: 

image.png.e49942b6a7309a47aaa03e8eaf250dca.png

That's actually the same pair! They just flipped the left and right leg. This is the pair I wanted.

image.png.105cec0973a7cf877378382a2f61a26d.png

However, your picture opened my eyes. Maybe those ones will work.