Aegis Interceptor HD Pro

I just want to say that I’ve been using this neck guard since last season and I love it. Luckily for me I haven’t had to cut or customize the neck height on mine but it feels great and I forget I’m even wearing it most times. Have taken shots high and near the neck/collarbone area and again forget I’m wearing it so I think it’s serving it’s purpose. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

FYI, this code isn't compatible with their current 20% off "Christmas sale"

Yeah, I posted something about the neck guard. Got tons of great feedback and I aegis if we could to do a promo code for the Holidays... they said yes and then decided to just do a 20% off sale anyway, haha

• 9 months later...

Reviving this thread once again to worship this neck guard. Took a one timer at the hashmarks from a 6’4” sphl defenseman straight to the neck and while I absolutely keeled over from the sting and shock of being hit there I didn’t get so much as a bruise to show for it and was able to continue a couple minutes later. This neck guard is without a doubt the best piece of equipment you can get no matter what level you play

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

So as you can see earlier in this thread, I had a stated intention to buy one of these. But I had the regular/older Aegis interceptor and, well… I didn’t end up buying it.

For reference, I don’t wear a dangler.

Last Friday in a pickup game, a guy caught me with a riser. Luckily I turned a bit, and it caught me in the neck more than in the throat - but still tagged me just above the neck guard/below my mask.Neck pain and headache for a few days. Better now, but a friend (skater) got hit in the throat that same week by a deflection, and couldn’t swallow… trip to the hospital for him. (He’s also better now).

I think I was really lucky. The Pro arrived yesterday. Figured I’d rather pay the $150 CAN and never get hit again than to chance it.

Played a pickup game with it today, felt good - but as I’m still a bit gun-shy, I think I would have liked it to be slightly HIGHER, believe it or not! Loved my other Aegis, and bought player versions for the kids; these products are great. 

For those interested, I took a few comparison pics of the D30 in the older model vs. the Pro. If you’re like I was with the older one, this upgrade is well worth it, IMHO.

7A7B0634-4A2E-4ABB-AEC9-D22CCC55E356.jpeg

A0E7E22A-69F2-4A68-BFDF-B10262F41392.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

@TheGoalNet Looking at the Pro, I don't care for the extra rise at the shoulders. My Maltese is neck and front protection mostly. Is the front padding on the regular goalie one the same thickness as on the Pro one? And would the neck foam of the Pro fit in the regular one's sleeve? If so, are parts available?

Lastly, since it's recommended to remove the foams for washing, since I simply rinse my Maltese under cold water after every game and hang to dry, can I just do the same with the Aegis? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

@TheGoalNet Looking at the Pro, I don't care for the extra rise at the shoulders. My Maltese is neck and front protection mostly. Is the front padding on the regular goalie one the same thickness as on the Pro one? And would the neck foam of the Pro fit in the regular one's sleeve? If so, are parts available?

Lastly, since it's recommended to remove the foams for washing, since I simply rinse my Maltese under cold water after every game and hang to dry, can I just do the same with the Aegis? 

No, extra parts are not available. This is a BNQ certified device. Has to be sold as a unit.

Yes, you could rinse it like the maltese. The purpose of removing the pads is to enable the nth degree of cleaning. If you are happy with a rinse, treat it like any other neck guard.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

No, extra parts are not available. This is a BNQ certified device. Has to be sold as a unit.

Yes, you could rinse it like the maltese. The purpose of removing the pads is to enable the nth degree of cleaning. If you are happy with a rinse, treat it like any other neck guard.

OK, and how significant is the difference in thickness between both models?

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

OK, and how significant is the difference in thickness between both models?

Major. I think the original model is too thin and provies no impact protection. The Pro version is probably 2X the thickness of the 3DO. It's designed to take a pro level shot and do as best as possible given the limited real estate  you have to pad a neck

• Thanks 1