Aegis Interceptor HD Pro

2 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Pro hockey life has it on their site. 

No, that’s not the new pro model we’re referring to in this post. It’s the interceptor-G. Not the PRO - G.

Im impatiently waiting until I can get one. Soon hopefully 🤞.  

2 hours ago, Deltadre said:

No, that’s not the new pro model we’re referring to in this post. It’s the interceptor-G. Not the PRO - G.

Im impatiently waiting until I can get one. Soon hopefully 🤞.  

Ahhh gotchya, 

It looks nice, I wouldn't mind picking one up, I just don't like these protector too high on my neck, currently using the Bauer Vapors and they sit so comfortable and the neck area isn't high.

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Do show what you mean by taking off the first row, and how, it looks interesting.

You can take the D30 out of the neck area and cut off any excess you might feel you have.  Looks like a pair of scissors can do the job.  I won't make any modifications until after I get at least a skate in.  @TheGoalNet Do you think we would be able to glue a row back if we needed to?  

It is a slight pain in the ass to get it back in the neck sleeve until you get it far enough to grab from the other side.  Maybe after more use, it will break in and be easier.  

IMG_6795.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slade037 said:

You can take the D30 out of the neck area and cut off any excess you might feel you have.  Looks like a pair of scissors can do the job.  I won't make any modifications until after I get at least a skate in.  @TheGoalNet Do you think we would be able to glue a row back if we needed to?  

It is a slight pain in the ass to get it back in the neck sleeve until you get it far enough to grab from the other side.  Maybe after more use, it will break in and be easier.  

IMG_6795.jpg

Wish they made that part a few inches tall only, could really restrict the neck and movement it seems.

Are these available to Europe / Finland any time soon or any way? Goalie Monkey has some Aegis but not this one atleast yet.

I'm in a road for a new neck guard and Kova is quality choice but I'm always interested to get something other don't have yet. And also the product itself is what I'm looking for, the cut resistance is something I would like to have when playing in beer leaguer / pickup level games where anything can happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any news for availability? My Reebok TC Pro is falling apart, the fabrics are EOL so no use to repair but add new fabric which I don't think gonna happen. I need a new one and Aegis would be a solid choice. Tried a Bauer Supreme at the shop yesterday and there was like no protection against puck only the Kevlar neck and some clavicle padding which was ok ish feeling. Hate to spend 60 euros to something that needs to be modified from the beginning.

@TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Any news for availability? My Reebok TC Pro is falling apart, the fabrics are EOL so no use to repair but add new fabric which I don't think gonna happen. I need a new one and Aegis would be a solid choice. Tried a Bauer Supreme at the shop yesterday and there was like no protection against puck only the Kevlar neck and some clavicle padding which was ok ish feeling. Hate to spend 60 euros to something that needs to be modified from the beginning.

@TheGoalNet

Pure Hockey and Pro Hockey life should have these in stock now.

https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/aegis-interceptor-pro-g-goalie-neck-guard-senior/itm/43129-41/

• Like 1

So I cut the orange piece down a row with scissors (super easy) since I got it (was too tall) , been wearing ever since, don't have an issue with the neck fabric, maybe if you too a ton off might be a lot of excess, but doesn't bother me, nor does it look like I cut anything off.  Haven't taken a shot in it yet but it is very comfortable, been wearing for a month now (playing twice a week) and I am very satisfied.  

• Like 1

I just called the Pro Hockey Life store closest to me and spoke with a representative there who was aware of the neck guard coming soon but said they still didn’t have it in stock. I asked about the CDN price but he wasn’t aware of that either. I guess I’ll keep checking the website hoping we can get them soon enough. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 2:03 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I do understand if you don't feel comfortable trimming it at home, but this is designed to be "trim to fit" where you can tweak the pieces internally. There is not going to be any issues with excess skin on the collar portion of the neck guard.

@thebigm trimmed his and I believe he can validate there are no issues

I trimmed mine and he was correct I had no issues.  It's looser in there but there isn't tons of extra skin that would make it annoying.

• Like 1