2020 lines release cycle

Max27

7 hours ago, keeperton said:

What makes you think they wouldn't offer these features on custom? It'd totally be par for the course.

my point was that they werent on the customizers available to the public of the past, and there was still differences between the 2 lines that arent available to the public that you cant basically make a eflex pad into a premier 2

12 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I would be excited if it was possible to order the EFlex4 core, boot, and strapping, with the rounded medial roll and calf landing of the P2. Or just the P2 with EFlex4 strapping and super soft 90 degree boot. If they're going to have the ability to mix and match from different lines in the future, I am all for it. 

if they would do this it would be awesome

2 hours ago, Teezle said:

I would be excited if it was possible to order the EFlex4 core, boot, and strapping, with the rounded medial roll and calf landing of the P2. Or just the P2 with EFlex4 strapping and super soft 90 degree boot. If they're going to have the ability to mix and match from different lines in the future, I am all for it. 

The rounded roll may interfere with size limitations. Unless they redo some of their dyes to make the Eflex face smaller to accommodate the roll.

9 hours ago, Max27 said:

my point was that they werent on the customizers available to the public of the past, and there was still differences between the 2 lines that arent available to the public that you cant basically make a eflex pad into a premier 2

Understood, but I could totally seeing them going that direction while also maintaining a stock pad. I'm really thinking of it something like the Optik FLX and FLY thing, albeit done in their own way.

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

Understood, but I could totally seeing them going that direction while also maintaining a stock pad. I'm really thinking of it something like the Optik FLX and FLY thing, albeit done in their own way.

ya that would be pretty cool

On 8/3/2019 at 7:20 AM, Scythe said:

Mix n match sounds like a big headache for the manufacturer but maybe it's less than i think. 

Do these companys have builders and then custom builders or does everybody do everything? 

For CCM, there is a retail factory and a pro factory. The pro factory is Lefevre. There are a handful of “pro only” options from the Lefevre factory. 

I believe all the retail gear, custom or stock, is made the in same factory. CCM’s “menu” style customizer works very well for this 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 8:19 PM, Max27 said:

the cores are different (DualLite core vs LiteCore) , and theres a few changes separating the 2 lines that cant be ordered on custom.

the medial roll design- P2 has the round roll, Eflex is totally flat

Boot angle- P2 has 60 degrees, while eflex has 90 degrees 

face material- p2 has max rebound that has higher rebound velocity while eflex has soft foam that has more of a "lukewarm" rebound

If they do ditch the Premier lineage, would these kinds of differences be offered on custom? 

2020 CCM pad is not an extreme flex pad... this is about as much as I am allowed to say,  and @TheGoalNet is 100% right about the curve ball 🤐

Brians have either done a really good job of making sure theres no early leaks on Optik 2 before the official announcement today, or its out to the pros later than Gn4 was last season.

If I'm correct, Georgiev was seen in Gn4's at rangers development camp (June?) last season, and Magnus Hellberg had them for the start of the KHL preseason - he's in his old pads for this preseason. 

4 hours ago, keeperton said:

Lightly frustrated that I have a second Optik blocker coming before seeing what's different with the Optik2, but I know I'll still like my regular Optik, even if I'd prefer a stiffer sidewall.

Brian’s releases a new line every fall. 

Every other company releases in Spring. 

This has been true for a long time now, pretty reliable schedule to consider when buying gear 

3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Brian’s releases a new line every fall. 

Every other company releases in Spring. 

This has been true for a long time now, pretty reliable schedule to consider when buying gear 

Yeah I know, but it doesn't help me feel any less dumb lol.

Archived