Vapor 2X Pro or Eflex 4 Sticks?

Wasabi

Just a low level beer-leaguer, but decided to splurge on a new stick. Switched last year from older foam core to Premier 1.5 (was inexpensive on sale). Like it well enough, but weighs the same as my foam core. Thinking of upgrading to either the Vapor 2X Pro or the Eflex 4. Appear to have similar specs, pretty close in price, and similar concept - composite with foam core feel. The limited reviews I could find are favorable for both.

I know they're both new to market, but does anyone have any insights as to how they might differ? Perhaps different flex, or expected durability based upon construction or manufacturer reputation? If they're pretty similar in all ways I'll probably go with the Eflex, since I can get the same blade pattern I'm using now (Crawford). Any information is appreciated.

I'm a ccm guy, went from P2 to Eflex4 and I love it. My P2 was used for almost a year and no chips still in one piece. My Eflex used for about 3 months and so fsr it's great. Very light, ccm worked on durability a great deal. I went from Crawford P2 to Price...it has a bit of a curve but not too much. I like it alot better. 

I'm given to understand that Bauer sticks tend to sacrifice durability for performance.

I use Bauer sticks when I'm skating out, but a rapid unscheduled deconstruction is much less of an issue because I can leave the ice when it happens. I don't really want to get caught in net, broken goalie stick in the corner, while the other team cycles the puck in my end for a few minutes waiting for that perfect hole to open up.

Not sure what CCMs are like. I've been using Warrior CR2s for the last two seasons, and am super pleased with them. Slightly heavier compared to a Bauer, but not enough for me to care, and I've yet to see any structural damage. I've heard they also lean towards the whippier side of things when playing the puck, which I like.

I switched from a Brian’s foam core to the vapor x700. Love it. Will never go back to a totally foam core stick. I have used it for 2+ months now, Skating around 6 ish times a week including a few tourneys where I played 4 games in a weekend and then subbed for another team on Sunday night. So far so good. No chips or anything just a lot of puck and post marks. Love the flex and whippiness of the composite. I will definitely never go back to foam core sticks. Nothing but good things to say about my Bauer stick. 

I don't have any experiance with the Bauer besides handling it in store.

I'm alternating games between EF4 sticks and Warrior V1 Pro + sticks.  So far the CCM is definitely softer feeling and easier to get a quick pass or clearing attempt off with.  The Warrior takes a little more technique, but offers higher shot speed when I really lean on it.   In terms of feel/durability I've enjoyed using both and am still on my first stick from each 3 pack.  One thing to check would be the lie.  The CCM Crawford curve is similar to the Warrior Bishop pattern, but the lie on the CCM is a touch lower.  I haven't had major issues going back and forth, but you may be more selective than me.

Long story short out of the 2 you've mentioned I can confirm that the CCM is light, well balanced and seems durable, but I'd definitely recommend checking out the Warrior as well.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Vapor 2X Pro or Eflex 4 Sticks?

I'm gonna go against the grain here.

I've been a longtime 2S Pro user, and recently tried an EFlex4. 

Now, I only used the EF4 for one skate, but I got this feeling in my head after that skate that I wouldn't want to use it again.  It felt like there was too much flex in there for me.  I do play the puck a lot and want to say I'm fairly decent at it.

Durability wise, I've never broken a stick until the 2S Pro; I've had foam cores rot from the inside, delaminate, or just kind of "die" from the inside (you know when the stick doesn't make that same "thunk" sound...I'm sure you do), but this is more of use/abuse over time.

I had the spine on my 2S pro crack and splinter from a shot to the front of the blade.
I ended up warrantying it and am now using it as a warmup stick, so not all was lost - but still, it is something to be aware of.

Despite all that - I love the 2S Pro and will stick with that.

Personally, my EF4 sticks haven't been very durable compared to the 2S (not 2s pro) I was using prior.

First one lasted 45-ish days, blade snapped in half. Unwrapped a brand new one today, one slapshot to the paddle and its absolutely massacred the graphic, whole top layer of the stick is busted. already sounds broken on saves and playing the puck.   

On 8/20/2019 at 11:49 PM, CJ Boiss said:

I'm given to understand that Bauer sticks tend to sacrifice durability for performance.

I use Bauer sticks when I'm skating out, but a rapid unscheduled deconstruction is much less of an issue because I can leave the ice when it happens. I don't really want to get caught in net, broken goalie stick in the corner, while the other team cycles the puck in my end for a few minutes waiting for that perfect hole to open up.

Not sure what CCMs are like. I've been using Warrior CR2s for the last two seasons, and am super pleased with them. Slightly heavier compared to a Bauer, but not enough for me to care, and I've yet to see any structural damage. I've heard they also lean towards the whippier side of things when playing the puck, which I like.

Supreme line would be in line with this concern. Vapor is more conservative in design and durable.

@Wasabi Do you care about price? If so, EF4 is your stick. It's $70 USD cheaper. It's the best stick deal going. If you don't care about price, I would lean to the Bauer. It's obviously a matter of preference, but I think 2X Pro is the best stick on the market. It's the perfect balance of weight, feel, and durability.

If durability is your number 1 concern or you prefer a stiff twing, I would go with V1 Pro+

On 8/22/2019 at 8:31 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Supreme line would be in line with this concern. Vapor is more conservative in design and durable.

@Wasabi Do you care about price? If so, EF4 is your stick. It's $70 USD cheaper. It's the best stick deal going. If you don't care about price, I would lean to the Bauer. It's obviously a matter of preference, but I think 2X Pro is the best stick on the market. It's the perfect balance of weight, feel, and durability.

If durability is your number 1 concern or you prefer a stiff twing, I would go with V1 Pro+

In general I tend to be pretty easy on my equipment in terms of wear/durability, but recognize one can't really control the shooter's shot power/impact from pucks. That said I'm going to guess that durability isn't the #1 concern. It looks like a 24" Vapor 2X Pro is $40 USD more than a 24" EF4 (and assuming 24" CCM is the same paddle size as 24" Bauer Vapor), so between the CCM and the Bauer price is probably a factor, but not #1.

To be honest I'm not really skilled enough to know what kind of flex I like. I would say that I'm not a strong stickhandler and don't shoot the puck well (literally kind of a weakling and avoid handling the puck when possible), but I have been practicing off-ice this summer with both my composite and my foam core to try to improve so I can add passing/shooting to my game. Subjectively my composite seems to be a tad stiffer than the foam core, but I don't seem to notice much of a difference in shot power between the two. I think that unless the Vapor might offer some advantage for someone with my shortcomings I'll try the EF4, based on familiarity with the blade pattern.

Thanks, everyone, for your insights.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 11:49 PM, CJ Boiss said:

I have to say I disagree. 2 Bauer 2s pro sticks both lasted 4-5 months, barely any cracks at all just chips and I flexed both too hard at different ice slots whd broke them both stupid me. My teammate broke about 3-4 warrior v1 pro + sticks in like 1-2 months their warranty stopped covering it because how fast it broke his slapshot probably abt 80 

3 hours ago, Jonathon v said:

I have to say I disagree. 2 Bauer 2s pro sticks both lasted 4-5 months, barely any cracks at all just chips and I flexed both too hard at different ice slots whd broke them both stupid me. My teammate broke about 3-4 warrior v1 pro + sticks in like 1-2 months their warranty stopped covering it because how fast it broke his slapshot probably abt 80 

I've been super abusive to my Warrior CR2s over the last year, and they feel the same as the first day I played with them. They're standing up much better than my buddy's Bauers.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:31 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Have to disagree with you here. All my v1 pro plus sticks broke insanely easy to my teammates slapshot 

Archived