Padwrap/PadSkins

cwarnar

Hi - I'm new to this forum (been lurking for a while - its awesome!), but wanted to add to this. I tried to apply Padwrap to my R/GT Pro (classic version, all white) multiple times. I followed the directions EXACTLY, including using heat, and had a fairly simple design, just two vertical stripes. I LOVED my design and desperately wanted it to work, but the three times I tried it, after sticking for about five minutes, it all began "pulling up" on its own and simply would not adhere.

To Padwrap's credit, I emailed them and they responded immediately, sent me full replacement rolls, and suggested that the pads might need to be washed down thoroughly with soap and water to remove oils. I tried it one more time and got the same result, so I've given up. On the plus side, my design was so minimal that I have a ton of the Padwrap left and I have now moved to E Flex IIIs, so I may try the Padwrap out on those pads. Haven't seen anyone post about Padwrap + Speedskin yet though...

In sum - Padwrap's customer service is AMAZING and the product would have looked totally sick on my pads, but it just didn't work for me.

D2836B1F-2115-4F37-AC64-942982E612E4.JPG

300CD57A-DD3F-4B69-AB4F-5C6A618309AD.JPG

C73CC748-6A0A-4A85-A8AF-0540678257F8.JPG

FF39B107-A899-4612-B03B-0813A1FDC844.JPG

83106DAA-0CBE-4A74-ACD3-0B2CFBFF88CC.JPG

3 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Hi - I'm new to this forum (been lurking for a while - its awesome!), but wanted to add to this. I tried to apply Padwrap to my R/GT Pro (classic version, all white) multiple times. I followed the directions EXACTLY, including using heat, and had a fairly simple design, just two vertical stripes. I LOVED my design and desperately wanted it to work, but the three times I tried it, after sticking for about five minutes, it all began "pulling up" on its own and simply would not adhere.

To Padwrap's credit, I emailed them and they responded immediately, sent me full replacement rolls, and suggested that the pads might need to be washed down thoroughly with soap and water to remove oils. I tried it one more time and got the same result, so I've given up. On the plus side, my design was so minimal that I have a ton of the Padwrap left and I have now moved to E Flex IIIs, so I may try the Padwrap out on those pads. Haven't seen anyone post about Padwrap + Speedskin yet though...

In sum - Padwrap's customer service is AMAZING and the product would have looked totally sick on my pads, but it just didn't work for me.

That' awesome... I was thinking of something similar just an accent color... I'm gonna email Padskinz and see if I can V2 "Swirls" for my RGT's (bottom only)... still my favorite graphic of all time

v2swirl.jpg

On 9/4/2017 at 7:53 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Every try pad skinz instead? 

They might be able to print the stripes on a white piece. That would eliminate the overlap and might improve your peeling issue 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Every try pad skinz instead? 

They might be able to print the stripes on a white piece. That would eliminate the overlap and might improve your peeling issue 

That's a good idea. I'm thinking to try PadSkinz on my E Flex IIIs, just having trouble coming up with a design I like (the vertical stripes wouldn't really work). Per PadSkinz website - and I also emailed them directly to ask - their product works on SpeedSkin.

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2017 at 7:53 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

This design looks awesome.  Did you do the thigh rise as well?  Bummer it wouldn't adhere properly.  Hope you enjoyed your time using R/GTs.

On 9/5/2017 at 7:54 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

That's a good idea. I'm thinking to try PadSkinz on my E Flex IIIs, just having trouble coming up with a design I like (the vertical stripes wouldn't really work). Per PadSkinz website - and I also emailed them directly to ask - their product works on SpeedSkin.

Any updates?

10 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Gaffer’s tape will come off pretty easily; MUCH easier than duct tape, for certain! My audio cables stay clean with Gaffer’s tape; it always seemed that some bone head would buy duct tape thinking it’s the same as Gaffer’s tape (d’oh!). 

Well I agree gaffers comes off cleanly, but so far I’m really happy with how strongly it’s holding up on the pads. I’ll try to get some pics up soon. 

Just wanted to add some subtle color. Team colors are Bruins (see logo in avatar). Got some inexpensive duct tape in the right color yellow so gave it a shot:

3DB50D9D-F535-4778-988F-F9F37A3DE9A9.thumb.jpeg.972c63bd53d0e07ac5caaf81850d39b7.jpeg

Think they go pretty well with the custom CCM 500s I just got (someone else’s custom order but happened to be my specs and colors):

FFA43727-41E8-4635-BC52-F83E272CD02E.thumb.jpeg.13066308339336f0b6860d58fe7a0576.jpeg

This tape starts out shiny but you can easily make it matte with a Magic Eraser. Still trying to decide if I want to do that. Gloves next!

Just a quick update - the duct tape held up great in the house but failed almost immediately on the ice lol. Idk if it was the temperature, the flexing of the material, moisture from the ice, or something else, but it just didn’t work. Pulled it off right away. Oh well, inexpensive way to experiment with color. May try it with the Pad Wrap I have next. 

• 4 months later...

New team, new colors (Bruins)!  I cant believe how much easier straight lines are to do than shitty tribal curves using Padskinz.... 

Very impressed how well the wrap turned out. 

Backup cage ges in for powder coating today.... Old school Moog Bruins wrap next week!

Before...

5abba3e015479_set1.thumb.jpg.da199dc5378896b72b252db53a8c2173.jpg

After

5abba3f8b0a2d_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.aafb62c22e20b147cb287d0b4baf517d.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.ded4f110029f255c08f0b02d2a269c4a.jpg

Those look good. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned putting Padskins on eFlex 3's. I put some small strips on my 3.9s and they did not wear well. The edges quickly peeled up and they have now shredded where pucks made contact. I'm guessing it doesn't adhere as well to speedskin,  as they have specific application instructions for it, but they didn't work for me. Going to take it off today.

31 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

Those look good. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned putting Padskins on eFlex 3's. I put some small strips on my 3.9s and they did not wear well. The edges quickly peeled up and they have now shredded where pucks made contact. I'm guessing it doesn't adhere as well to speedskin,  as they have specific application instructions for it, but they didn't work for me. Going to take it off today.

I made sure to tuck the skinz under the small bit of overlap of the black jenpro and any seam i could.  We will see if they hold up.

Archived