Back to Ice in Michigan.... Mask in Mask ;)

beansbats

18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Aside from one rink mandating you wear a mask when entering only, here in BC is mask free for rinks.

And hopefully it stays that way. Anyone who was wary about catching COVID due to hockey isn't playing this year anyways.

I mean let’s be honest... if you can survive a hockey locker room on the reg... what chance does COVID 19 have to do any damage?

🏒 🚿 🦶🦠 🧫 

51 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

This confuses me. I’ve been playing at Fraser, MI for a while. Only mask requirement is to wear it into the building until you’re in the locker room. Perhaps the mandates are different county to county. 

I heard that Fraser authorities weren’t enforcing the mandate.  Hartland and Kensington Valley never really shut down, and had no mask requirements.  Ann Arbor and Chelsea were shut down hard by the health department.  I’m in Ann Arbor.

There seems to be a lot of tin foil hat wearing motherfuckers out there nowadays. I support the idea of doing your own research and finding truth, in other words don’t believe what you’re told. But the places some people land with their conclusions is just stunning. 

Anywho, I live in Toledo, OH and I went to a drop-in locally recently. Similar to the Fraser experience, mask is only required for entry to building, not on ice. Although at this rink, Tamoshanter, they had spacing marked out in the locker room. No one to sit closer than six feet apart. 

I will be moving AGAIN. This time to Memphis, Tennessee. The closest rink is across the border in Mississippi, which is surprisingly only twenty minutes from our new place. The missus has already played there once and same requirements, mask into rink, not on ice. 

2 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

This confuses me. I’ve been playing at Fraser, MI for a while. Only mask requirement is to wear it into the building until you’re in the locker room. Perhaps the mandates are different county to county. 

In Saginaw all players just received an email from the rink manager stating that he just had a Zoom meeting with MAHA and all rink Mangers. Apparently our fine governor is upset rinks are open and put MAHA in charge of enforcement. MAHA is afraid she will shut them down as quickly as she shut or state down earlier this year. The local rinks are to put refs in charge by issuing game misconducts for anyone not wearing a mask. I got the email less than 24 hours before our first ice time tonight.

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

Wearing a mask on ice is idiotic. But why not cash in on it? Waiting for the custom colorizer.

ccm-mask.jpg

I ordered a couple of these today. Made something similar until they arrive. I don’t even like wearing a mask at Home Depot. This should be fun. I had been looking forward to getting back on the ice until this mandate.

10 hours ago, Md30 said:

In Saginaw all players just received an email from the rink manager stating that he just had a Zoom meeting with MAHA and all rink Mangers. Apparently our fine governor is upset rinks are open and put MAHA in charge of enforcement. MAHA is afraid she will shut them down as quickly as she shut or state down earlier this year. The local rinks are to put refs in charge by issuing game misconducts for anyone not wearing a mask. I got the email less than 24 hours before our first ice time tonight.

You should be happy that Gretchen even lets you go out of your house at all! ;)

I just wrapped up a skating session, 4 teams, we played 11 weeks.  Had to wear a mask to enter the arena, and suggested they were kept on in locker rooms.  But nothing required on-ice.  There were actually a couple skaters that chose to wear a mask under the cage.  We all joked about the covid 'symptoms, being short of breath and muscle aches, heck that's every week at our old person out of shape hockey games. . . .  We made it thru without any players having tested positive during the 'season'.

20 minutes ago, TDS-MN said:

I just wrapped up a skating session, 4 teams, we played 11 weeks.  Had to wear a mask to enter the arena, and suggested they were kept on in locker rooms.  But nothing required on-ice.  There were actually a couple skaters that chose to wear a mask under the cage.  We all joked about the covid 'symptoms, being short of breath and muscle aches, heck that's every week at our old person out of shape hockey games. . . .  We made it thru without any players having tested positive during the 'season'.

Same situation here in Central Ohio. Gotta wear em in and out the locker rooms were guided to distance( Were okay about it) and we've only had one confirmed positive that stalled the start of the fall/winter season 2 weeks not a big deal. I wont play if I have to have a mask in my mask lol very silly

On 9/17/2020 at 3:49 PM, Md30 said:

I ordered a couple of these today. Made something similar until they arrive. I don’t even like wearing a mask at Home Depot. This should be fun. I had been looking forward to getting back on the ice until this mandate.

where am i able to order these? can't seem to find them anywhere except on ccm's website..

I found them at Ice Warehouse and Pure Hockey (both for skaters and for keepers and as mentioned above - preorders only).

Playing out of Jackson in the mitten. Heard the same as listed above about Chelsea. At first it was signoff at the door, temperature check and masks through entrance and locker rooms but nothing required on the ice and only allowed in 15 minutes before play and out 15 minutes after to allow them time to spray down with disinfectant. With the start of league play its mask on the ice or game misconduct (no more temperature checks at the door). Honestly - although a little inconvenient for H2O breaks and a bit of mouth breathing I seemed to develop - its really not the big of a deal (particularly when its the difference between playing and not playing). Rinks are hurting - can't afford shutdowns or what have you. Can't shoot the messengers here boys - everybody is just trying to do their jobs within the confines of things in place. 

Not a political stance here by any means (I like to keep this place fun) but - to me - its cheap insurance. I've got two parents in poor health that are high risk/immunocompromised, two in-laws that have beaten cancer and grandparents in their 90's that I'm often helping out and if they got sick on my account I'd feel awful about it. Like I said - although inconvenient - I wear a mask for them and as a courtesy for all the people that I come in contact with.

I'm in the metro Detroit area, typically play at Onyx or Troy. I haven't been on the ice since March and our group is talking about playing again. I'm pretty used to the mask by now and I found a thin fabric style that's very breathable, so I'm not too worried about that. My main concern is my typical skate is Friday before work, so no shower would be a dealbreaker for me.

City of West Kelowna Return To Play Rules decree a total of 22 players per session which includes 2 goaltenders.  Players must wait in their cars, away from the arena entrance to avoid congregating in a group outside the entrance. We have 15 minutes once arriving inside the arena to be stepping onto the ice.  All players must arrive at the rink in full gear, except skates, gloves, helmets (seeking clarification for goalies). It was strongly advised that we wear a mask to the arena,  while getting dressed and post game once off the ice until leaving the facility.

Two dressing rooms will be available, one per team with appropriate markings for social distancing. No showers or washrooms. Bring your own name labelled water bottle.

Each team bench will be similarly outlined for social distancing (5 players per bench).

Post game you have 15 minutes to be out of the arena.  The last version of these rules included the stipulation that no street clothing could be worn post game, since rescinded as the thought of wearing sweat soaked undergarments home in freezing temperatures was ludicrous.

Each session a Team Ambassador will be allowed into the locked arena by a staff member precisely 15 minutes before the session. The Ambassador must be a fellow player who will ask you health related questions, have you sign a form plus our team has purchased 2 touchless temperature gauges aimed at the forehead. The Team Ambassador will make sure that every player is out the door of the arena within 15 minutes and the Rink Attendant will then lock the arena door. We plan on rotating the Team Ambassador duties among all players, minus the goaltenders who will need all available time to get dressed.

We have 70 players in our 55+ group and another 48 in the 70+. In order to stay within our Pod we have balanced the skill levels for both age divisions and formed teams of 22 players (with some overlap).  Every month these teams will be shaken up so that you're not playing the same people every game.  We have 3 ice times per week Mon/Wed/Fri for each of our 2 age groups, all being 75 minutes at a cost of $5.50 per player, goalies play for free.  The City of West Kelowna  runs this as a Seniors Hockey Program and has allowed us to administer it for the past 15 years.

This is the outline which the Ogopogo Seniors Hockey Club (us) have negotiated with the CWK including a Return To Play date in early October until the end of April (our season usually begins in early September). As always - subject to change.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:27 AM, estogoalie said:

The players or the locker-room? Or both? 🙈

Yes to all of the above/both. Anyone playing is allowed in the door to the rink/door to the locker room 15 minutes before puck drop and must be out 15 minutes thereafter. The 15 minutes prior was more strict on private sessions before leagues. Now that leagues have started (and mostly because I rent a locker at the arena in an abandoned college team room) I'm good to get there earlier. Those that don't do that are stuck since they need time to clean/disinfect between games. 

Archived