Gear Storage - Home Locker

BadAngle41

As promised @MTH and @Doobiesnax... gear storage at my house...

First we have sticks... Pretty simple. Kept out in the garage. I used Kobalt storage rails and 4 of their L hooks tie wrapped in pairs. Just so happened to fit the width of a stick perfectly and the knobs let them dangle.

59de198abeaae_Store01.thumb.jpg.cc824607aeb927d2f36d08d0d3ab1eff.jpg     IMG_2162.thumb.JPG.b8aca686fe35715171dfb1f3022b5826.JPG

Before I talk about about the rest of my gear, let me say that I do have more than a touch of OCD, and that my wife has embraced that about me. When we built our house the architect initially had a sizable coat closet in the mud room. I nixed that real quick and said we needed to use that space for 2 closets... a smaller coat closet and a hockey closet. As the build went on I sent the carpenters dimensions for each shelf and made sure they threw in a vet fan wired to a timer. Now when I get home I don't have to lug my stuff up and down stairs... racking my bag against a wall and marking it up... just empty my gear in the closet... set the timer... close the door and head to bed. This setup keeps the gear inside where it belongs... and without any adverse odors. It's really a win for the whole family. Only thing I might be changing over the winter is throwing in some wire shelving instead of the solid wood. Provide more more airflow.

59de1f78cbfb2_Store02.thumb.jpg.5d1e74173779f881f09949dc2dcf0eee.jpg     59de236b58ad1_Store07.thumb.jpg.de0252a28a16b3db230432983d5db489.jpg      59de227e4be2b_Store06.thumb.jpg.24aba6a17f94055d3104e8dfb1d3d5f5.jpg

What do you guys think? Anyone have a nice setup they'd like to share?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a pic of mine.

Inside the laundry room closet, sitting on wire shelving. Smell doesn't spread to anywhere else in the house and the dryer helps speed along drying times in the winter.

Tough to see, but underneath the bag on the left there is a wire basket tower that holds all my towels/jerseys/soap/tape/repair bits/etc.

20170921_173447.thumb.jpg.ee68d5bd7693d1e0feb1dfdf27aa0283.jpg

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Here's a pic of mine.

Inside the laundry room closet, sitting on wire shelving. Smell doesn't spread to anywhere else in the house and the dryer helps speed along drying times in the winter.

Tough to see, but underneath the bag on the left there is a wire basket tower that holds all my towels/jerseys/soap/tape/repair bits/etc.

I like it! That's the type of wire shelves I'm looking to throw in the closet. It's has decent airflow now... but those would certainly help. Also on the basket tower tip... do you get guys on your team who need a hone stone, sweet stick, screw driver, knife, etc and are constantly shocked that it's the goalie who has them? I mean we have to rely on ourselves when a piece of gear acts up. They don't just need us to stop an occasional puck and drink some of their beer... we're like a swiss army knife in the locker room too. 

You guys have some sweet setups. I'll snap a picture of my garage. Between all my crap and my kids crap - my garage is a mess as we're always running to practices, games, etc. 

I'll snap pictures later today. You'll both cry.

@BadAngle41 - digging those doors. Are they black or a very dark brown? I count four hinges too, I presume 7' doors too? Nice house.

23 minutes ago, MTH said:

You guys have some sweet setups. I'll snap a picture of my garage. Between all my crap and my kids crap - my garage is a mess as we're always running to practices, games, etc. 

I'll snap pictures later today. You'll both cry.

@BadAngle41 - digging those doors. Are they black or a very dark brown? I count four hinges too, I presume 7' doors too? Nice house.

Thanks man. The doors are black... and 8'. Getting my glove, blocker, and mask down to pack my bag is gentle 3-4 times per week reminder that I'm not a tall person.

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You've got money, just invest in a fully automated conveyor system to rotate shelving positions.

Think motorized tie rack, but far cooler.

LOL... I think I'd do it just for the engineering exercise... but having twin 2 year olds has significantly reduced my free time for such endeavors. 

I'm so lazy - I have some other cars I use. Honestly my one old Jeep is basically my gear storage room. I usually drive that to games and not to work and all. I'll pull the gear out and let it dry in that. Without doors and windows, it works well as a drying room.

2 minutes ago, MTH said:

I'm so lazy - I have some other cars I use. Honestly my one old Jeep is basically my gear storage room. I usually drive that to games and not to work and all. I'll pull the gear out and let it dry in that. Without doors and windows, it works well as a drying room.

Now this is something I hope you're serious about xD

Some cool setups in here gents.  I use the spare bedroom downstairs which has turned into more of a walk-in storage closet haha.  Wire shelf for the glove, blocker, mask, and Maltese while the c/a is on a hanger underneath the shelf.  As you can see in the second picture I have 2 fans and a dehumidifier setup to dry everything after games. 

06E94522-30B7-4F05-987F-0A0F9382767A.jpeg

208B21A4-5CB6-40F7-AC8C-93D497DA2F64.jpeg

On 10/13/2017 at 10:40 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Some cool setups in here gents.  I use the spare bedroom downstairs which has turned into more of a walk-in storage closet haha.  Wire shelf for the glove, blocker, mask, and Maltese while the c/a is on a hanger underneath the shelf.  As you can see in the second picture I have 2 fans and a dehumidifier setup to dry everything after games. 

Questionable color scheme going on with the gear... I thought you were just playing with the whole @SaveByRichter35 handle and raising the cup shot. I kid because I love... great looking setup. With those fans and dehumidifier you could take care of a whole team locker room. Gotta swap out my wood shelves for wire ones... much better airflow. Thanks for sharing!!

Now for the real question... what does @TheGoalNet storage sitch look like... now that he's rolling around in all that Red Optik beauty!!

Archived