2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I hate Vegas.

Having said that, Felury's gaff was one many of us have done.

Made me feel a lot better about the goal I gave up with 3.4 seconds left in the first period in my game last week (sadly we did not go on to win like Fleury did).

Pros - they're just like us! What a world! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Yeah, that one hurt to watch. 

49 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I hate Vegas.

Having said that, Felury's gaff was one many of us have done.

Yep. 

I love when my D asks : were you screened?

Me: Nope. I just missed.

D : oh.

Edited by seagoal
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, seagoal said:

Yep. 

I love when my D asks : were you screened?

Me: Nope. I just missed.

D : oh.

I think half the goals I let in in my leagues are due to me overdoing it. I let in two last week, in a game we lost 1-2 because I poke checked one and it chipped over me, and the other by hopping lightly and it hit my cage then went through my legs. On the second one I told one of my teammates, "I guess I Tommy Salo'd that, huh?"

3 minutes ago, keeperton said:

I think half the goals I let in in my leagues are due to me overdoing it. I let in two last week, in a game we lost 1-2 because I poke checked one and it chipped over me, and the other by hopping lightly and it hit my cage then went through my legs. On the second one I told one of my teammates, "I guess I Tommy Salo'd that, huh?"

ha, yeah, those are tough.

If we told any common person who knows nothing about hockey that as goalies our strategy for shots that are going to hit us in the head or our shoulder or our chest is to drop to our knees, the common response, justifiably, will be: "really?  well why in the hell would you do that? that seems dumb."

Edited by seagoal

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

ha, yeah, those are tough.

If we told any common person who knows nothing about hockey that as goalies our strategy for shots that are going to hit us in the head or our shoulder or our chest is to drop to our knees, the common response, justifiably, will be: "really?  well why in the hell would you do that? that seems dumb."

I cite a less Russian-English version of the Bryzgalov quote, "I'm wearing the gear that makes it not hurt, yet some of these guys try to stop it anyway." I basically only get really hurt whenever I skate out because of my warped instinct to block shots...I guess I get bruises through the upper arms on my chesty, but still.

4 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Ah I miss Bryz.  He was hilarious. 

He's around. Still lives in Haddonfield. His son Vladislav Bryzgalov, is a 2006 and is a really really good goalie. I'm sure he'll be in the national spotlight soon enough.

Named after some pretty good goalies, no?

Edited by MTH
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, MTH said:

He's around. Still lives in Haddonfield. His son Vladislav Bryzgalov, is a 2006 and is a really really good goalie. I'm sure he'll be in the national spotlight soon enough.

Named after some pretty good goalies, no?

Got to go to Bryz’s camp years ago. He was so nice and pushed us so much. He really taught me a lot. It made a huge difference in my game going forward. 

• Like 2

To think Byrz had his ups and downs in Philly.  They gave up on him for Steve Mason. ( Let that sink in.)  After Philly had a cup of coffee with the jets?? Then poof gone. 
Philly is where goalies go to die. Bob’s prime was wasted in Columbus.  Carter Hart might want to hop the next train outta there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTH said:

Seeing Bryz in person makes you understand how big goalies in the NHL are. 

That said, I first ran across him at mites and his kid had some dynamite gear. That's a good dad.

That’s the thing that dopes who moan about goalie equipment size don’t get. The men wearing it have gotten bigger. They’ve downsized gear several times since 2005. A 6’5” man will always look bigger than a 5’10” man. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Man - maybe it’s the shorts and t-shirt and pavement, but this totally looks like slightly-undersized street hockey gear to me

EA66A750-5013-40E2-99B1-D2562968F7B4.jpeg

Hmm.  I "know" you and you're a friend, but I can't detect if you are serious or being snarky...

It's his kid's gear......haha.

Maybe his well sculpted torso is distorting the perspective and ratios of this photo 🤔

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Lucky just wanted to show off how his sweet, not totally staged, action photo where he stifles his kids confidence by not letting them score.

Haha.

At least he has decent form in crushing his kids' confidence.

35 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Hmm.  I "know" you and you're a friend, but I can't detect if you are serious or being snarky...

It's his kid's gear......haha.

Maybe his well sculpted torso is distorting the perspective and ratios of this photo 🤔

Aw, man - mea culpa; I was rushed, tried to fit in a comment between work/dog/hiit/go get the kids at day camp . I genuinely did not know it was his kid’s gear 😳.

@coopaloop1234: your comments are spot on though. And FWIW, I’ve recycled that pic, having posted it for some such nonsense here before 😁

As you were, gents; I’ll just go back to being a mediocre dad

• Like 1