2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

• TheGoalNet changed the title to 2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings
On 12/14/2020 at 12:51 PM, raucebyalien said:

EDIT: Interesting that they're IV's and not V's which I think, covid aside, should of been out this year - guessing some manufacturers are postponing their new product roll out till some form of normalcy returns

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 17.48.53.png

Not my story to break... but very good catch

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Not my story to break... but very good catch

Pads are definitely IVs, glove is definitely not a IV, blocker I can't really determine from the face.

I think the glove is a Heritage and the blocker is a IV, based one a few things otherwise.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:51 PM, raucebyalien said:

Brians just posted up Georgiev's new set:

EDIT: Interesting that they're IV's and not V's which I think, covid aside, should of been out this year - guessing some manufacturers are postponing their new product roll out till some form of normalcy returns

Brian's hasn't made any secret of the fact that the GV launch has been delayed.  With that said,  the GIV still compares very favorably to the other "soft" pads on the market.  We'll see if that shifts when EF5 and 12.2 drop, but I'd still prefer GIV's over V9's which are the only updated soft line out there at the moment.

131976215_10158923840374819_243683414941

Welcome Jacob Ingham to the DaveArt Family!🙏🏻😊 It was so exciting to paint and create your vision. The design is a tribute to the Hollywood Walk Of Fame✨📽. A design filled with stars of glitter✨ and loaded with details..👀🔍 Thanks Jacob! 🙏🏻😊 @jacobingham_ @lakings #DaveArt@nhl #DaveArtFamily@ontarioreignhockey @theahl#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity@bauergoalie

Edited by SaveByRichter35
Stop putting in so many damn unnecessary spaces!

132050424_10158921964589819_772261835421

It was so exciting to paint and create the latest mask artwork for my friend Jordan Binnington🙏🏻😊. We brainstormed a lot how to create it🧠🤓. Light and bright coloring with maximum contrast, all built on the beautiful team logos🎺🎶. It is loaded with 3️⃣-D effects all over the canvas and with all the DaveArt Trademark Super FX✨. Thanks Jordan for the paint ride! 🙏🏻❤️ And we have more cool stuff coming up 🎨🚀 @binniner @stlouisblues #DaveArt @nhl #DaveArtFamily

132039548_10158919463919819_226811493225

The next Caps mask creation for my friend Pheonix Copley is here🙏🏻. It is a direct continuation based on the first one🦅. This one has a more white and light base, it was so exciting to create🙏🏻😊. It is crisp and clean on a distance, and again it is built on the awesome team logos⭐️🎨. It lives and breath Washington Capitals with the white bottom and crisp details, and when you come closer the 3️⃣-D FX delivers... Thanks Pheonix for the paint ride! 🙏🏻🤓❤️ @pheonixcopley @capitals @nhl #DaveArt #DaveArtFamily#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity@bauergoalie 😊 

131499200_10158914538784819_407728616740

It was so exciting to paint Shane Starrett’s new Penguins mask😊🙏🏻. A split design with a yellow🟡 side and a black⚫️ side, with a very retro and classic layout👌🏻. It is all built on the awesome team logo🐧. The design is a mix of 2️⃣-D background and 3️⃣-D details. It all fit very good with the raw matte finish. Thanks Shane for the paint adventure🚀! @starrett33 @penguins #DaveArt @nhl #DaveArtFamily#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity @ccmgoalie

130081244_10158905394999819_321458178852

It was so awesome to paint and create the next chapter in Ryan Bednard’s mask art saga🙏🏻. His new Florida Panthers mask is created as a direct continuation based on his previous mask ”FLA Hockey”...🌴It is created with a crisp and clean look on a distance, and when you come closer👀🔍 you will enter the rollercoaster of 3-D paintings...🤓🎢 And the bucket is totally loaded with all the DaveArt Trademark Super FX..✨ Thanks Ryan for the paint ride!🙏🏻😊 #ryanbednard @flapanthers #DaveArtFamily @nhl #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity

130305952_10158900819014819_353194605461

It was so exciting to paint and create the new Flames mask look for my friend David Rittich🙏🏻😊. The design is built on the awesome and classic Flames jersey, crisp and clean and 100% Flames...🔥 When you come closer 👀🔍the storytelling kicks in and among the details you will find a tribute to the city of Calgary🏒🔥. Thanks David! It was so awesome to paint and create this Storyteller mask for you! 🙏🏻🤓@d.r.33 @nhlflames #DaveArt @nhl #DaveArtFamily#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity

130544708_10158898385264819_275267371223

Welcome Vasili Demchenko to the DaveArt Family!🙏🏻😊 It was so awesome to paint and create your first NHL mask⭐️. The design is a tribute to Fleur-de-lis⚜️ and a play with the awesome team logo✨. A crisp look on a distance, and when you come closer👀🔍 you will enter a rollercoaster🎢 of detail work and storytelling. Thank you Vasili for your trust!🙏🏻🤓 @v_demchenko @canadiensmtl #DaveArt@nhl #DaveArtFamily @rocketlaval @theahl #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity 🚀

Edited by SaveByRichter35
Stop putting in so many damn unnecessary spaces!
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, Puckstopper said:

Brian's hasn't made any secret of the fact that the GV launch has been delayed.  With that said,  the GIV still compares very favorably to the other "soft" pads on the market.  We'll see if that shifts when EF5 and 12.2 drop, but I'd still prefer GIV's over V9's which are the only updated soft line out there at the moment.

Mind elaborating? I’m about to place an order and those are the two most under consideration. I’ve been leaning toward the V9s with the “extra stiff” option in the thigh rise and the SLR2 knee stack to firm things up there as well.  HD foams on the landing side and a couple minor strapping changes, but nothing too crazy.  My local store doesn’t have an G-IVs to try on, unfortunately, but I really like a lot about the senior version of the V9. I also preferred the 2-piece V9 glove to the G-Netik 3 glove they still have on the racks.

I’d probably go with the 12.2s if they were going to be released soon, but if orders can’t be placed until spring and deliveries don’t start until late summer or fall...I really just don’t want to wait that long.  

Edited by AdamL