Weird Glove

jrgoalie22

6 hours ago, jrgoalie22 said:

Here is the image. So I have broken in my glove, but it’s broken in weirdly. I don’t know how to fix this but if any of you do please haha. The bottom is blocking it from going farther

Do you know which palm it is - ie pro, practice, game?  I've seen practice palms that you could not close due to how much extra padding is in it.

7 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

@ArdeFIN @ser33

My guess is that the internals are off. I tagged the others as they are well-versed in mods and gloves. Dennis Dombrowski at Factory Mad is great at fixing gloves, as a non-DIY solution.

Had this same problem with my eflex 3 glove, unfortunately its a design flaw that ccm has significantly improved in recent models, I sent my glove to Factory Mad and it didn't 100% fix the issue but definitely helped a lot.

On 1/9/2022 at 12:54 AM, GoalieNut said:

Do you know which palm it is - ie pro, practice, game?  I've seen practice palms that you could not close due to how much extra padding is in it.

Printed graphics, that isn't a pro glove.

Poor quality control and design flaw. It's a shame that CCM sell that kind of crap . That's not the only glove which is like that. 

4 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

Printed graphics, that isn't a pro glove.

Poor quality control and design flaw. It's a shame that CCM sell that kind of crap . That's not the only glove which is like that. 

It's a design flaw for sure.   There's a huge difference between my Axis 600 and my EF5 600 in terms of closeabilty.    However, it's not a QC issue.

Break is folding at wrong lines. You should be able to notice two lines along the break at which the glove should close. Sometimes the closer to thumb line is weaker and gives more flex which results in glove not closing properly.

Really hard to explain this in words, but I don't have good enough pictures either to help locating the issue.

You can check the break and how it works on your glove. Put your hand in and with other hand try to make the glove close along either one of the two lines of the break and also try to close the glove so that both of the lines bend in with about 50% of the closure on each.

I'll try and remember to go to my storage tomorrow and take some pictures for visual example. I have a few Vaughn bloves that are easy enough to give you an idea.

Then how to fix this issue. First thing is, assuming the break is folding wrong, to work with closure. Bend it in and close the glove as you would like it to do and then strap around and some weight over it for overnight atleast. Then open the package to see how it works or is there any change and then more work, close in and weight over etc.

If you feel handy enough and think there is something wrong with materials then open up the lacing from finger side of the glove first and look inside to locate any problems whatsoever. If it is a 2nd hand glove then it might something as simple as some lace has been opened and then put back together in a wrong way. I had one such project where the in the beginning didn't work at all while being soft and nice. And after opening it up, correcting all the lacing and fixed some materials the glove is a pleasure to use. And this with added padding on all over the palm area.

This written shortly; it might be a simple problem of being flod a bit off but the other extent is of it being totally wrong at the moment and requires full overhaul.

Edit: is it INT or JR size glove based on the print colors and dummy stiching? You still can compare the internals from 'Mods' where you can look for my project of CCM Eflex3 gloves. Atleast I think there was some insight to them.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 3:59 PM, Puckstopper said:

It's a design flaw for sure.   There's a huge difference between my Axis 600 and my EF5 600 in terms of closeabilty.    However, it's not a QC issue.

Quality control issue because they allow that kind of gloves leave the factory and sell those. One local shop sent all the lower level CCM gloves to repair guy.  When Lefevre is with True, CCM should design a brand new glove model.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

In the days before Jenpro, you laced gloves tight because of the stretch. Jenpro really doesn’t stretch, per se. Between poorly designed internals and lacing the gloves like they’re made of leather, this is why so many gloves are horrendous to close. This lumpy glove exacerbates these traits.

Most gloves close fine. This is a very Lefebvre problem. I can recall seeing revoke gloves have the same issue.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Most gloves close fine. This is a very Lefebvre problem. I can recall seeing revoke gloves have the same issue.

I won’t disagree here. My point is really that gloves in general don’t need to be laced nearly as tight as they are in the factory. Materials don’t stretch like they used to. But the poor internals design and over tight lacing exacerbates CCM gloves ability to close. 

• Like 1

Got my hands on a perfect sample of something or everything being wrong in a glove. This one is CCM Eflex 3.9 and the Speedskin material has ripped from a few spots, but the edge areas are almost intact. Not very reliable seeing the damage.

In the picture below red lines are about where the break area is and both lines are where the glove should fold in. The padding includes a plastic strip between these lines too. The green line (yes it is not straigth as it should be) illustrates how the glove has been folding and while compared to red lines show only a noticeable difference it is quite a lot IRL. And more so when you take into account what just said there really is only one fold line and two at all. The blue lining is to illustrate the finger plastic sheet and it should go only to the lower (in picture) red line but in this example it is about and inch too wide or in wrong position. 

DSC_0345_10x7.jpg.a13b523f466bc06494afe6501cea1e87.jpg

And I don't have to say that the glove is about useless as it is. I had hard time closing the glove with both my hands on the outside of it and trying to use the glove and help the closure with my right hand I wasn't able to close the glove at all.

I don't know if I'm going to ever fix this glove but I'll open it for sure to see why the materials inside are so messed up. I've been working with Eflex3Pro and there was no such problems. Keeping in mind that the finger plastic is tied in with that lace going down and the Speedskin is as it should so I can't understand how the insides are now. Except for the possibility that the glove has been opened earlier for some reason and the assembly after whatever done failed badly.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1