Coveted Shutting down

Howd you hear about Apex? 

It's almost impossible to make a really good certified mask anymore. Cost of manufacturing with cost of getting the CSA sticker added in with the fact most parents wont spend more than $600 on a cert mask doeent add up. That's why the safest made masks are by guys who dont offer cert models. 

I'm guessing that has a part in it...but I cant say for sure.

This is sad to hear. His masks were wonderful. His customer service was amazing too. When I contacted him to weigh out options about getting a new mask he was prompt in his responses and super informative, taking time and putting thought into the many questions I had. I hope that the next step in his mask making journey is a positive one for him.

8 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Sad to see them go but not surprised. Although simply beginning to work under a different name was not at all what I was expected for Ron's future. I fully expected him to be picked up by a larger brand to become their mask maker/designer.

He's gotta fund that Ferrari habit somehow

7 hours ago, proudSnowflake72 said:

Care to divulge?

Nothing juicy or super secret.  Just realized it’s not a Ferrari, it’s a Lambo.  Either way, putting a front license plate on a car like this is a sin IMO 

Don’t really think it’s his, but reminds me of social media influencers taking staged clout pics in a Gulfstream 
IMG_2875.thumb.png.3e7c9518acd655e874fd4aad51332cfc.png

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Nothing juicy or super secret.  Just realized it’s not a Ferrari, it’s a Lambo.  Either way, putting a front license plate on a car like this is a sin IMO 

Don’t really think it’s his, but reminds me of social media influencers taking staged clout pics in a Gulfstream 
IMG_2875.thumb.png.3e7c9518acd655e874fd4aad51332cfc.png

It's illegal in the province of Ontario not to have a front license plate on a vehicle. It's around a $140 fine if caught. 

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Got it. Would love to hear what Ron would say about this. This whole thing is particularly confusing if Apex is just another indie company owned and run by Ron.

Ok so I wrote to him and he responded

—-

Hi John,

The decision to shut down Coveted was simply due to my business partner and myself parting ways.

He is leaving the goalie mask industry and I will stay with an all-new company, new shop and some new mask designs.

Yes, I will still have all the same parts available and will honour any Coveted Mask warranty and service issues.

www.apexgoalie.com is in the works and coming soon.

—-

• Like 3

14 hours ago, johncho said:

Ok so I wrote to him and he responded

—-

Hi John,

The decision to shut down Coveted was simply due to my business partner and myself parting ways.

He is leaving the goalie mask industry and I will stay with an all-new company, new shop and some new mask designs.

Yes, I will still have all the same parts available and will honour any Coveted Mask warranty and service issues.

www.apexgoalie.com is in the works and coming soon.

—-

I hope they keep some of his current designs and doesn't up his prices too much. No mention who the new business partner is?

I used to work for coveted. I can shed some light here. That Lambo was his business partners. CSA testing is super expensive and they had shop visits like twice a year. Ron worked behind the scenes for fusion and otny before coveted opened. All these mask makers know each other and hate each other. Such a weird ego place by these mask makers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 8:40 PM, Larceny#30 said:

Now Ron owns Apex goalie mask company

Yes

I have no specific insider info on this one... but my understanding is that he had a business backer (money guy) for Coveted. The business relationship went south. He started Apex with more control over the company itself.

Believe this is all similar stories to Wall -> Victory -> Savior

53 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes

I have no specific insider info on this one... but my understanding is that he had a business backer (money guy) for Coveted. The business relationship went south. He started Apex with more control over the company itself.

The big question is, what happens to the ‘Coveted’ vanity plate on the Lambo?!  🤔

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2023 at 10:40 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Yes

He did have a business partner (Investor), the business relationship ship didn't go south from what was mentioned to me he said "my business partner and I going serperate directions.  He is out of the goalie mask industry." he also apologized to me that I won't be able to get a lambo ride now :(

the split was also amicable as well.

His former business partner is a part owner of E360 waste he has been in that industry for a while.

Side note I did get to drive a Lambo in Vegas a couple years ago and it was really fun!

On 12/4/2023 at 11:33 AM, jerd31 said:

The big question is, what happens to the ‘Coveted’ vanity plate on the Lambo?!  🤔

Probably has a new plate on it or left it lol.